Habits

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

cyanide_sweet
Ebil Sithlady

Re: Habits

Post by cyanide_sweet »

I do that too! I can't help it, they always look like they'll smell so nice!

tempestuous_serenade

Post by tempestuous_serenade »

I know, right? It's like their scent draws me in.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

you'd go nuts for the Night Queen then.

I come out in the dead of the night to sniff them :3 [only time they bloom]
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

tempestuous_serenade

Really? That's so amazing! I love things like that! I am going to have to google that now. :)

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Might as well get this out now... I had been toying with resurrecting this thread for a while with this post, but TS seems to be going through them from the back... ;)

Not sure if one can call this a "habit", but I am rather well-known among my friends for it.

I sure have a habit of collecting limited edition CD releases. Digipaks with bonus tracks, or even box sets, my my!! Though I value additional music or bonus DVDs more than pure packaging and gimmicks.

Anyway, every once in a while, it happens that I buy an edition that is less "prestigious" than the most limited one. This may be either my fault (I did not do my research and bought a slipcase because the store did not have the Digipak...) or the fault of the bands/management, who bring out limited edition with extra material later on (Cradle of Filth is really bad about this! :-l )

Well, in those cases, I get rid of my less limited edition. Not by selling it on eBay or so, but by making a birthday present out of it. Many of my friends have similar musical tastes, so I can't go too wrong. One friend got a the double Digipak of the new Within Temptation Live CD, because I had later found the longform 2DVD +2CD edition... Another has yet to get a slipcase edition of Vader XXV, because I later bought the 2CD+DVD Digipak...

In essence, this means my gifts are often relatively expensive (especially seeing I'm permanently broke right now), but they may lack a bit of the "I bought this with YOU in mind" personal touch...
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

tempestuous_serenade

HEY! It's not my fault that I have no life. I mean, yeah, I go to college, and am in class right now (well, if you can consider this a class- sitting in the corner while my class mates talk to famous musicians from our state), but really, I don't do all that much. The only classes I don't use the laptop in is gym and math. I have 5 forums I post in, and they don't update as fast as my quick mind processes it. So :P

midgetshrimp
Modly Pirate Jesus

Post by midgetshrimp »

Oh, we aren't blaming you. We suck people in and tag their souls so they belong to us. Our armoires are filled with the souls of noobs. :p

Oddly enough, our resident soul-stealer hasn't popped in...
Exuberant High Captain Mod-siah of the Elder Council, Grand Official Bard.
Who needs sex when you have Menage a 3?

tempestuous_serenade

But... it's MY soul... mine... :(

Radbaron
Forum FlyBoy
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada, North America, Erp, Sol System, Saggitarius Arm, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by Radbaron »

Class? on Good Friday?
Red Corsair of Questionable European Nobility.
And I need an avatar. <fixed>
668 , Neighbour of the Beast

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

Don't worry, we give people their souls back after we've poked them a bit... we only keep the ones of people who've disapeared before we started liking them. Your save.

tempestuous_serenade

Oh good! Yes, I have class today, although it is Good Friday. It sucks but oh well.

tempestuous_serenade

Anyway, I have to go to Math class. I will be on in about an hour. Talk to you all later! :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:

midgetshrimp
Modly Pirate Jesus

Post by midgetshrimp »

It seems that everywhere but Maine has Good Friday and Easter Monday (observed) off. Which sucks, because that means we're coming back from Massachusetts after Easter dinner, and I'll miss at least some of the Bruins game. And it's the last game of the regular season! Lame.
Exuberant High Captain Mod-siah of the Elder Council, Grand Official Bard.
Who needs sex when you have Menage a 3?

tempestuous_serenade

Aww, poor midge. Maybe have somebody record it for you?

Radbaron
Forum FlyBoy
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada, North America, Erp, Sol System, Saggitarius Arm, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by Radbaron »

Go Bruins!
(now that the Sens are out I can cheer for my original team)
Red Corsair of Questionable European Nobility.
And I need an avatar. <fixed>
668 , Neighbour of the Beast