Habits

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

poo-poo-face

Habits

Post by poo-poo-face »

I feel so unworthy...but here it comes. I'm beginning a thread all about HABITS!!
Yes that's right. Pick your nose and flick it into people's hair? TELL US! Bite your nails when your horny? PLEASE DO INFORM. Scratch your nails against the chalkboard (i hate you)? LET US KNOW!

I, for one, like to sniff my dog's paws.. it's just a habit, I adore the smell. Don't go giving me the hairy eyeball now.. :-s

Even if it's one that nobody's EVER heard of, THIS is where you post it :D
i like cheese.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Re: Habits

Post by Don Alexander »

I have the habit of being the first one to answer new threads. :D

And to check way too often if there have been new posts.

All my other habits are wayyyyy too disgusting to mention. :ymsick:
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Asaryu
Tentacoo Goddess

Post by Asaryu »

I bite my nails.
Tentacoo-Goddess of the Bubblibaff, Gazer of the Southern Heavens and Mistress of Morals. She/Them. Judging you.

Asaryu
Tentacoo Goddess

Post by Asaryu »

When i put things down I tell them to "Stay!"

It confuses people at work.
Tentacoo-Goddess of the Bubblibaff, Gazer of the Southern Heavens and Mistress of Morals. She/Them. Judging you.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Asaryu wrote:When i put things down I tell them to "Stay!"
Oh, dear God, this is cute to the extreme. :ymhug:

Hmmm... One tiny thing I love to do is "command" automatic doors. I mean, I know they are going to open anyway, so I always make kind of telekinetic gestures, like folding my hands before my face, stretching my arms with folded hands, and then parting as if I am showing the doors open. Lots of fun.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Asaryu
Tentacoo Goddess

Post by Asaryu »

I feel compelled to nose-beep people when I start to be friends with people.

And I spank girls bottoms.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

Asaryu wrote:I feel compelled to nose-beep people when I start to be friends with people.
And I spank girls bottoms.
Someone here REALLY wants me to never, ever change my vote. :D
Nose-beeping. Wow. Swell.

Edit: Hm, another little habit which is non-disgusting: After I have shower, I always dry off my face first. Just can't have it otherwise.

And I like nuns best of they don't have any habits. :ymdevil:

Thank you, thank you, I took the fall for all of you.
ImageImage

cyanide_sweet
Ebil Sithlady

Post by cyanide_sweet »

Asaryu wrote:When i put things down I tell them to "Stay!"

I am totally going to start doing that! I just have a habit of doing odd things. I'm ADD, so people tend to look at me oddly when in a middle of a conversation they've suddenly noticed I'm sitting upside down in my chair, or attempting to make a pile of everything sitting on a table...

Asaryu
Tentacoo Goddess

Post by Asaryu »

I say 'awkward' whenever there is a silence.

I always always always put my shoes on last.

I refuse to look at a boy wearing only breifs. I will make boys wear boxers, or they get no nookie. And they have to take off their shirt before the pants or similar consequences.

I get undressed with the door open.

I often forget to close/lock my front door when I go out.

I quote silly things often. At the moment it is mostly Boondocks.

I dance in the library when I shelve.

I call everyone 'sir'.

I wiggle my nose when I am thinking or not sure what to do.

I have a lot of habits. *^_^*

midgetshrimp
Modly Pirate Jesus

Post by midgetshrimp »

I don't usually bite my nails, but I do pick at them. Fingernails and toenails. It's a bad habit, because I hardly have any of either. The telling objects to stay... I do that sometimes, depending on the object. Sometimes books fall over on the shelf or something, and I put them back up and tell them to stay. I do the Jedi mind trick on automatic doors, and street lights. My own little habit... hm... if my ear is cold, I fondle it until it's warm. For some reason it feels really good.
Exuberant High Captain Mod-siah of the Elder Council, Grand Official Bard.
Who needs sex when you have Menage a 3?

Asaryu
Tentacoo Goddess

Post by Asaryu »

The full stay quote is "Stay! And don't let anyone eat you."

midgetshrimp
Modly Pirate Jesus

Post by midgetshrimp »

Well, I don't go that far. If anyone eats my books, I'd be pissed.

Another habit: I sometimes form a Oneness with whatever book I'm reading. It's starting to happen again these days, since I've been reading for pleasure. It happened a lot last book, and it's already happened with this book (I started The Dragon Reborn tonight, because my internet kaputted for a while). I'll start reading, then the next thing I know I'm 50, 100, 200 pages into it and I don't remember flipping pages or actually reading, just visualizing it all in my head. Which comforts me, because it shows that my imagination hasn't died away between school semesters and summer work. It feels so good to be reading for the sake of reading again.

Asaryu
Tentacoo Goddess

Post by Asaryu »

*nods nods*

I do that too. My mum used to get worried about how much I would read. On the bus to school. walking between classes. At the beginning of class until the teacher turned up. During class if I could get away with it. All lunch and recess. Walking back to the bus-stop. On the bus home. Walking home from the bus stop. At home. (walking in to the house reading, dumping bag at door without looking up. "How was your day" "Shh, I'm reading!")

midgetshrimp
Modly Pirate Jesus

Post by midgetshrimp »

Asaryu wrote:*nods nods*

I do that too. My mum used to get worried about how much I would read. On the bus to school. walking between classes. At the beginning of class until the teacher turned up. During class if I could get away with it. All lunch and recess. Walking back to the bus-stop. On the bus home. Walking home from the bus stop. At home. (walking in to the house reading, dumping bag at door without looking up. "How was your day" "Shh, I'm reading!")
Well, I don't do that. I don't carry books around like that because that would happen. It's when I'm sitting down, and open a book, and when I close it, it's 2 in the morning and I'm done. Then I get on here, the light from the screen stimulates my brain, then I start on the other because I'm no longer tired. When I'm in the Oneness with a book, I won't move. I won't eat, I won't drink, I won't hear sounds or see anything that isn't within my mind. It's my own little piece of directed insanity, and it's comforting.

midgetshrimp
Modly Pirate Jesus

Post by midgetshrimp »

And I have an odd mix of procrastination and impetuosity. I'm always one or the other. When I should be the opposite of whichever I am at the time. I think when I should act, and I act when I should think. And it never turns out right...