Habits

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Ithilion

Re: Habits

Post by Ithilion »

a rather old habit i need to get back

reading a book from cover to cover before sleep
Cave Elder: Keeper of the Garden, Zen Master of Shadows

Member of the Dream Team

You are suffering from delusions of adequacy.

Asaryu
Tentacoo Goddess

Post by Asaryu »

I am bringing back a zombie thread, with a zombie post. But I was just reminded of something.
midgetshrimp wrote:I slept through a house burning down. Admittedly, it wasn't mine, but the neighbor's. All the fire trucks and everything... woke up the next morning: "Wasn't there a house there?" I slept through early morning fire drills at my dorm last year too. And someone set one off in a hotel I was staying at last summer that I slept through. I don't wake up to loud noises, but really soft ones do the trick. It's annoying.
My ex used to have a deaf-persons alarm clock..an alarm designed to penetrate the consciousness of the deaf. And he would sleep through it. There were only three ways of waking him up in the morning. Slapping him frequently across the face, biting the insides of his thighs, or giving him head. I was a nice girlfriend, so when his alarm went off (thankfully he switched back to his phone alarm or getting his brother to thwack the door loudly), I would give him head to wake him up. Unless I was angry, in which case it was the biting.
Tentacoo-Goddess of the Bubblibaff, Gazer of the Southern Heavens and Mistress of Morals. She/Them. Judging you.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

I remember you mentioning that. Though not the biting.

I have a habit of picking scabs before they're ready to be picked. it leads to a lot of scar marks : \
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

Fen
Chaotic Neutral

Post by Fen »

Skipping school is my worst habit >.>

Another(bad for society) habit is my sleep schedule. If I go to sleep at 7am and wake up around noon-afternoon, i get my best sleep. The key is sleeping all morning. I try to adjust it by sleeping at nght at day, at any time except schooltime, but I end up sleeping 15 hours without feeling the least bit of relaxation. even if I do manage to go to sleep at night and wake up at 7 am, the moment I don't have to(weekends or holidays), I return to the regular sleep schedule. it just comes natural.

Having school in the morning, those two habits are very, very strictly tied.

Fun fact? Had his problem since kindergarden, when I'd pull off allnighters because my grandma sent me to sleep. I'd just stay in bed, staring at the ceiling, unable to sleep. Match that with my passion for gaming, and visualise a completely pale&white 6year old, with red eyes and bags under hem. Blue bags.

Another habit of mine is to tend to keep people away, apparently.
One day I'm gonna lose the war.

LadySheDevil
Tittycakes

Post by LadySheDevil »

You're singin' my song, Fen.

A gamer's life isn't easy. lol

Especially when one spends six months of the year working 5am shifts. (it was actually more like 7 last year. Just recently got back on my beloved night shifts last month.)

The transition to nights is far too easy for me, as I am demonstrating right now. Two months ago, was getting up right about now (quarter to 4). Going back to mornings after months of all-nighters is NOT easy. Though, even if I have gotten enough sleep prior to a 9 hour 5am shift, I STILL crash the moment I get home.

I just prefer to be up at night, always have. If I'm up before the crack of noon, people worry. :D
Vanishing Elder of the Noms; She who Plays With Madness; One Among the Fence; Tittycake Mistress.

~* \m/ Music is Love. \:D/ *~ ~* :-B Gaming too! :-B *~

Winner: Wet T-Shirt Contest, Ladies Division June '10

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

you speak my language fen :3
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

I'm also a night person. My regular schedule is about six in the morning to two in the afternoon.

If I need to get up at six in the morning, even if I got eight hours of sleep beforehand, I'm the walking dead.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

karpeth
BANNED

Post by karpeth »

I have a habit!

I see rigid patterns everywhere, and build networks of behaviours in animals and humans, though, none such as "Blacks are stupid", rather that certain individuals try to gain as much as possible, by acting in certain patterns.
*divides 1 with 0*
First ever member to be banned. Something to be proud of? no.

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Sounds a tad like paranoia...

karpeth
BANNED

Post by karpeth »

It can't be paranoia, unless it's noia.

It's just part of me, I'm not afraid of the systems.
*divides 1 with 0*
First ever member to be banned. Something to be proud of? no.

Asaryu
Tentacoo Goddess

Post by Asaryu »

I see that too...but I do discourse analytics...

Have you ever read Foucault? Give it a shot. He's got some very interesting things to say, though I've been told he's a tough read. I only know what I do about it all from people who have referenced him

It's all about knowledge and power and the way that people interact and establish hierarchies and codes of behaviour. Give it a shot.
Tentacoo-Goddess of the Bubblibaff, Gazer of the Southern Heavens and Mistress of Morals. She/Them. Judging you.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

o my god i just found this out...

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=197&p=19215&hilit=+steph#p19215

@_@ i missed that conversation entirely...and now i am SO EMBARESSED..

Say. Lili's been away for a week too.

Then again its a bit much to freak out if some of us havent been around for a week.

speaking of which, i do have a habit of quietly freaking out when i havent been in contact with people fro a while. Hell for the people i cherish, i freak out in 2 days.

But it isnt THAT strong a habit. But it does occur every now and then. And its only an internal nagging worry.

I also have random habits when iam thinking and have anything in my hand. SUch as rotating a pen or pencil with my fingers round and round. I also have that bunny knee jerking [mentioned before, but the knee jerking happens at other times too].
ImageImageImage

tempestuous_serenade

Post by tempestuous_serenade »

I have a bad habit of chewing my fingernails, and my lips, and the inside of my cheeks.

I tend to pluck at my eyelashes when I am nervous.

I have a tendency to start a book, and never put it down until it is finished, whether that means staying up till five in the morning, or whatever. I used to take a book to work with me too, so that on my breaks I could read.

Also to go along with reading, I tend to get too close with the characters in them, so that when it is over, it feels like a little piece of my heart is left within the pages, until I pick it back up again and read it for the umpteenth time.

Otaku201
BANNED

Post by Otaku201 »

I crack my neck very loudly, freaks some people out.

tempestuous_serenade

Post by tempestuous_serenade »

I have a bad habit of if I am passing flowers, no matter if I am in a store or out walking around town, I have to stop and smell them. Just this habit of mine.