Habits

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

farthingale
Gynecratic Romanticist

Re: Habits

Post by farthingale »

When I draw... I pull my lips tightly wide, opened just enough for my tongue to curl stiffly up to just barely touch its tip to the centre of my top lip. That is my drawing concentration face. *sooo embarassed*
Dashing Gentlelady of the Elder Cave Harem. Defender of Honour, Ripper of Bodices.
Image Image

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Pics or it didn't happen :P
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

CyanideAngel
Cookie Angel

Post by CyanideAngel »

@Xar and Teacher - if i have my music on, people can usually tell what it is cos i sing under my breath or hum. If I'm around friends i sing. Me and my friend were singing really loudly in public And the only thing anyone said was that it was luckily cute enough to not get annoying :D
Amor vincit omnia Nil illegitimi carborundum Carpe Diem Carpe Noctem
winner of the 2009 cutest forumite contest (females)
Teach's Angel Kitty and assistant giver of hugs

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

I've seen her do this on the webcam a few times. She never realises she's doing it and i've never pointed it out :3
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

Undisclosed

Post by Undisclosed »

I have the habit of scratching my head or back or fidgeting with the tag on my shirts when I'm talking sometimes,usually if I'm nervous while talking to someone about something important.I don't remember how I picked it up,but I just do it.
ImageThis signature is very pointless for you to be looking at.Image

Recca
Hokage Ninja

Post by Recca »

I have a habit of saying "I approve of this message"
as well as snapping my fingers as I walk.
and also of holding doors for poeple.

Fen
Chaotic Neutral

Post by Fen »

Teacher2B wrote:Thread lich :D

I think I have mentioned of my habit of nibbling or chewing things (pencils, pens, markers, etc). Many times I nibble on my necklace also. And I have just found myself nibbling the neck of my t-shirt>.>
my tshirs have little holes in them because i nibble them. I have this dress that i wear indoors which has the entire upper part punctured/ripped from my teeth.
I destroy pens within hours.

And i once gnawed on a credit card. >.<.

i also have some weird habits which involve twitching which tend to freak people out...and a very weird habit which invovles me spinning my head. it made more sense when i had hair(still weird), but now without hair it's just plain weird...

Then again, i have many, many, many weird habits. Too lazy to point them out, but msot people generally agree that i am one weird fella. and that's before they get to know me and my insanity:D.
One day I'm gonna lose the war.

Sara Hysaro

Post by Sara Hysaro »

Oooh, habits! I've got a few of those. =D

I can't sit normally. You know how most people sit with both feet on the ground? Half the time I don't have one foot anywhere near the ground, and when I do, it's usually touching some part of the chair. A lot of time I'm sitting with my left leg indian style and with my other foot resting on the chair itself with my knee pointed upwards. I try to avoid this in restaurants because I know I'll get odd looks, but at home I'll sit either indian style or that half indian style I described.

When I'm reading something online, I highlight the text. Even if the text isn't blinding. I'm not sure how many people do this, but I got into the habit because people used to white out messages within their posts and I like to catch those messages. They don't do it so much anymore, but since I picked up the habit I can't quite drop it without feeling weird.

Whenever I watch an interesting video online, I'll either suck on my braces or chew on my hair. I don't chew on my fingernails, but sometimes I'll have the tips of my fingers in my mouth while I'm reading something. I used to do that with my pens and pencils (just put them on my mouth without chewing on them), but mom kept pestering me about it so I stopped.

When I'm unsure of what I'm going to write on a forum, I'll type with two fingers as opposed to using both hands. On a paper, I'll get up and pace (I'm pretty sure most people do this though).

Oh, and you know how some people listen to music to go to bed? I have an odd take on this. I'll take my MP3 player, pace about my room in the dark while listening to the music for a couple hours, and when I'm ready to hop in the bed I'll put away my MP3 player and just sleep in complete silence.

Whenever somebody lights up a cigarette or is smoking around me, I'll immediately try to go upwind of them and cover my nose with my shirt. My stepdad says I'm acting like a child when I do this. xD

And...I think that's about it. Aside from pacing when I think and brush my teeth.

Paul
Location: Humble hewn-from-a-small-cliff living quarters deep in Mink Hollow

Post by Paul »

Sara, I went back to the picture of you in the picture thread, and you are sitting in the half-indian style, except the left knee is pointing up! :))

One of my own habits? When reading online, I tend to bunch up my leg muscles and rapidly flex and unflex my right foot, causing my right knee to move up and down. I don't realize this I am doing it at first...until my leg starts to cramp up.

Another one is that when I drive, I need the seat moved way back, or I have trouble with the pedals. Jackie, who is only a few inches shorter than me, can't reach the foot pedals in my truck. When I try to get into her car (a full size sedan), I hit my knee on the door frame or the steering wheel because the seat is way too far forward. Weird, huh?

Sara Hysaro

Post by Sara Hysaro »

I switch it up too if I feel like it. And sometimes I sit on my feet. I just sit in pretty much any manner except the typical "2 feet on the ground" kind. :))

That sounds like a kinda painful habit. Oo Sometimes my legs fall asleep when I sit on them and I get pins an needles.

That's not weird, my dad and stepdad have the same problem. They're kind of tall. :) Like, 6 feet or so.

bulletbrides

Post by bulletbrides »

i like watching people walk and following their rhythm by tapping my leg..then when another passes i change..its strange but yeah i just catch myself a lot doing that.
Happy Life Solution

Iceman
Location: I come from the land of the ice and snow, from the midnight sun where the hot springs blow.

Post by Iceman »

Ok, wanna know one of my favorite habits? It's thread necromancy. And I'm guilty of it on every forum I visit, including this one.
The iceman cometh

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

I pick my skin; bite my hand; and rub at muscles in my neck, arms, wrist and hands.

So.. picking, biting and rubbing myself :P

I had taken the fun out of that habit and put it back in. That's how nice I am.
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

GypsyLyric

Post by GypsyLyric »

I pop my joints a lot.

I chew on the inside of my mouth, or my lips when I'm thinking.

I clean out the dirt from under my nails when I'm bored, nervous, or sometimes just when I notice it. Dirt under my nails bugs me.

I feel like I repeat myself a lot, it's probably true.

I speak what emotion I'm feeling when I'm tired of feeling it. It's not really a complaint, or an opinion, I just say what I'm feeling so that I can get over it and on to better things.

I smoke pot. I don't really think that's a habit, but a lot of people I know don't like the smell like I do.

I'm messy, but in an organized way. It annoys people when I tell them to put back the pen they used exactly where they found it, when the place they found it looks like a cluttered mess. It's organized I tell you!

When I'm going through a funk, I can be really depressing to be around. Seriously though, is it really asking too much for company that doesn't jitter and move and make lots of noise? Sometimes, I just want to chill, or leave me alone to recharge. Daily routine is exhausting.
Rawr means I love you in Zombie.