Sports Lounge.

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Phoenix

Re: Sports Lounge.

Post by Phoenix »

:| :| :| I hate chu!

You must go if he's offering! I'd literally kill someone for that chance! Oh my, yes. Lucky, lucky, lucky :((

Marque'd

Post by Marque'd »

XD; Sorry...

If you don't like them and the REd Sox around here, you're considered anathema. You don't ahve to like the sport, but you can't like any other team, at least not seriously. XD; Although it mostly applies to the Red Sox.
Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. *stabstabstab*

Yay, signature death.

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

I hate baseball :P It's like a more boring version of cricket! (and that's hard enough)

midgetshrimp
Modly Pirate Jesus

Post by midgetshrimp »

Marque'd wrote:XD; Sorry...

If you don't like them and the REd Sox around here, you're considered anathema. You don't ahve to like the sport, but you can't like any other team, at least not seriously. XD; Although it mostly applies to the Red Sox.
Holy crap, you must be only about 200+ miles away from me (20+ over the weekend, I was in Mass).

Oh, and Go Bruins (to keep it on topic)! It's pretty awesome that two losses can be considered a slump. This is a great year for New England hockey fans. :D
Exuberant High Captain Mod-siah of the Elder Council, Grand Official Bard.
Who needs sex when you have Menage a 3?

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

Just to annoy people as a friend is making me....

Go Cardinals!

Seriously though.. american football... its rugby for wimps... I've seen rugby players take hits twice as hard without the padding. And how is this interesting? Less then 30 minutes of play has taken nearly an hour? (-| I think Rugby sucks, but give me that over Superbowl any day... I'm only watching it as my friend will kill meif I don't...

Go Arizona! lol

cyanide_sweet
Ebil Sithlady

Post by cyanide_sweet »

I hope Arizona wins... I have money on them :))
Not that I know anything about football.

EDIT: Damn....

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

And in other news, Federa broke down in tears after nadal took away his chance at 14 grand slams. [matching the all world record]

Thats a big ouch in tennis.
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

Arizona was robbed.. twice. That so called 100 yard touchdown, in the replays we got in the UK you can clearly see both his arm, and the ball were down before the line, and he was only carried accross it by sliding on the other player. Therefore, it wasn't a touchdown. Then the one at the end, he went over the sideline, so again, it wasn't a touchdown.

Not that I care though... American Football is Rugby for wimps.

thaldin

Post by thaldin »

On the 2nd touchdown, at the end of the game, where the ball is doesn't matter as long as his feet were in bounds....sadly...

On the end of the half touchdown run back... grrr... Cardinals would have won if it weren't for that...but sadly... after watching all the replays, I think it was a touchdown =(

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Bear, you're wrong. I'm sad Cards lost, too, but both were TD's.

Warner made a mistake on the one...why not lob it up to Fitz, instead of running a slant against a drop zone? Was a pick all day. But how he stayed in bounds, I'll never know! Fitzy did well to get back, but Harrison's knee wasn't down...the ball had broken the plane, AND his knee was on Fitz, so either way, it's a pick six.

The Holmes TD was fantastic awareness, to get both toes down. Definitely a TD. Thing is, two things were wrong with that...1) The play on D wasidentical to the one called before where Holmes was open and dropped it. So they did the same thing...why?! 2) The DB (number 20 - Is this Hood?) jumped too early. A quarter of a second later and that's intercepted.

I've had less than 3 hours sleep and been working all day...and that was worth every second. I have no voice left either!

Either way, it was the best SB of all time. The Panthers/Patriots one was sick, but this was even better.

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

Wow... if that was THE BEST one ever... the rest must have really sucked as I fell asleep.. litterally... during the third quarter.

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Third quarter was a tad slow. In terms of comebacks, and unusual things (safety, 100 yard int-ret etc), it's the best by far. Carolina V New England from 2003 was the best until last night.

You just didn't understand the game, so you got bored. That's fair enough - my first few games I was a bit like that.

thaldin

Post by thaldin »

Yeah, I was jumping up out of my recliner when AZ made their comeback and took the lead... damn Steelers

JaS

Post by JaS »

Am I the only one who was cheering for the Steelers?
sports don't build character, they reveal it

LadySheDevil
Tittycakes

Post by LadySheDevil »

Nope, JaS, I was too. :D

I have too many friends from "SIXBURGH" to not cheer for them without getting my ass kicked. :))
Vanishing Elder of the Noms; She who Plays With Madness; One Among the Fence; Tittycake Mistress.

~* \m/ Music is Love. \:D/ *~ ~* :-B Gaming too! :-B *~

Winner: Wet T-Shirt Contest, Ladies Division June '10