Sports Lounge.

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Re: Sports Lounge.

Post by Azrael »

It seems the US team kind of backed into the next round. Thanks Portugal, you're a pal.
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Bastard!

Germany was the pal for beating Portugal to shit. :P
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Oranje! The art of snatching victory from the jaws of defeat!
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Bambikles

Post by Bambikles »

Don Alexander wrote:Oranje! The art of snatching victory from the jaws of defeat!
This one looked so much like Germany-Mexico 1998, that is was scary. :-o
Really, it's all in the head if Mexico isn't a greater football nation.

I miss Cuauthemoc Blanco so much... :(

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

Well, now I see #RobbedByRobben... /:)

12 Minutes to GER:ALG!! :D

EDIT:

The game for the DA:

:)
/:)
:-w
:-w :-w :-w
End of main time.
:ympray:
:-o :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: \:d/
:-s
:-s :-s :-s
:ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty:
:-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-ss :-ss :-ss
#:-s

:ymparty:
ImageImage

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

French Fries > Freedom Fries.

My condolences! :ymhug:
ImageImage

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

And that is that. :ymsigh:
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

In zee eternal war between zee Krautfressers vs. zee Froschfressers, zee Krautfressers claim victory!!!

So, now we need to find a good TV in Prague next Tuesday for the semifinals!

ImageImage

Bambikles

Post by Bambikles »

In zee eternal war between zee Krautfressers vs. zee Froschfressers, zee Krautfressers claim victory!!!
Come on, everybody knows that it's only tourists who eats frogs. :p

Losing is okay. It's the way to lose that matters. 0-1, against a Germany who played like Italia. So frustrating... :((

Then I watched Brazil vs Columbia... God, that Brazilian squad really is awful (except Neymar) ! Joga mochito (from French moche, ugly) indeed. #-o
Germany now has my entire support. :-bd

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

You know, it was so clear we'd meet Brazil in the semifinals. And I despaired. They are playing in their own country. You'd think not only are they absolutely determined to get the "Hexa", but... who knows... maybe they will get some unethical support too...

But now they have lost both their captain, Thiago (due to two yellow cards, he's barred for the next game) AND their superstar Neymar, who landed in the hospital with fractured vertebrae (gulp! :-s Get better, dude! :ymhug: ). Maybe Germany DOES have a chance...
ImageImage

Bambikles

Post by Bambikles »

Didn't know how bad was Neymar's injury, but I feared it was a big one. Hope it won't impede his career. :-s

Engy

Post by Engy »

I am going to be honest, I think the most interesting result for the following matches would be:
Belgium wins from Argentina.
The Netherlands wins from Costa Rica.
Germany wins from Brazil.
The Netherlands wins from Belgium.
Finale: The Netherlands vs Germany.

It's been a while since we last nearly had a war break out between our countries, no?
Achievement Hunter, Software Engineer, retired competitive Team Fortress 2 Engineer, professional snarker.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

I've hoped this to happen since it became clear who would enter the round of 16. ;)

So, if Germany wins the title vs. the Nethers, will you swear off of getting the last post in the Last Post Wins thread?? :-=
ImageImage

Engy

Post by Engy »

Ah, hell nah, brudda. That ain't how I roll. That's like asking you to give up your moderator position if the Netherlands wins.

Which reminds me, it's been a while since I last posted there.

EDIT: Netherlands vs Costa Rico just ended. Man, that match was aggravating to watch, but I'm glad to see Costa Rica turtle tactics didn't ensure them the victory.
Shame to see Belgium go home, though. Would've liked to see a match up against them, considering our usual rivalry with the Belgians.
Achievement Hunter, Software Engineer, retired competitive Team Fortress 2 Engineer, professional snarker.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

Engy wrote:I am going to be honest, I think the most interesting result for the following matches would be:
Belgium wins from Argentina.
Nope...
Engy wrote:The Netherlands wins from Costa Rica.
But yes!

Congrats!! van Gaal's move to exchange Keeper's in the last second before penalty shots was brilliant!

It's interesting how the group phase had multiple upsets (especially Spain getting kicked out, but also England, Portugal, Italy...), whereas the elimination phase so far has been very predictable. (Except that I guess it was 50/50 whether France or Germany would make it.)
ImageImage