Sports Lounge.

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Engy

Re: Sports Lounge.

Post by Engy »

Spain:
☐ rekt
☐ not rekt
☑ Tyrannosaurus rekt

They came into the match, thinking they had this in the bag. But there was one thing they didn't keep in mind: We didn't forget about 2010.
Achievement Hunter, Software Engineer, retired competitive Team Fortress 2 Engineer, professional snarker.

Weertangel

Post by Weertangel »

Amen!
And friday the 13th will now go into dutch history books as the day the Spanish soccer team got their ass handed to them by the Dutch team and created a new dutch holiday ;)
So now friday the 13th is a day of good luck, not bad :D

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

I'd say that went well...

Also, please, CNN: It's Götze, Müller, Özil and Löw...
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Post by Dirty n Evil »

DA - didn't it, though! While I was at work when this aired, I saw the 2nd & 3rd goals during my lunch break. As well as Pepe's red card. WOW. Germany played very steady, congrats!

(We have a TV with cable in our breakroom at my job.)
Tied 1st Place of "What Would You Do To Win A Ma3 Contest" Contest (Aug '09) / Winner of Cutest Forumite Contest (Male Division) (Sept '09)
Winner of FRANKIES Awards Contest (Feb '10) Winner in Noms & Exemplary Divisions / Winner of 'The Contest For the Next Contest' Contest (Jul '10)
Winner of Wet T-Shirt Guys Division (Jul '10) / Winner of Lonely Hearts Contest (Feb '11)

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Well, "your" guys managed to shoot a goal in 31 seconds!

There's a sexual joke hidden there somewhere, I know it... ;)

EDIT: And again, a match between Ghana and the USA ends 2:1.

But this time FOR the US!! Congrats!!! :ymparty: **==
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Don Alexander wrote:Also, please, CNN: It's Götze, Müller, Özil and Löw...

Sounds like a law firm. :p

HOLY CRAP! :-o We finally beat Ghana. :ymparty: Now we just have to beat Portugal or Germany.
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

... don't let the door hit you on the way out, Spain!
ImageImage

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

Somewhere out there, a Teacher is very happy!!! :D
ImageImage

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

Effin incredible, the US had it in their pocket!!!!! b-(
ImageImage

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

A-yup. Well, that just means we have to beat Germany. :p Or maybe just draw them, too. :-?
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

Yes.

It is quite hilarious that both teams could pass each other the ball for 90 minutes and that way destroy Portugal and Ghana no matter what they do!!! =))
ImageImage

mikbuster

Post by mikbuster »

You don't need a reason to help people. ~Zidane Tribal
Geez. Why are adults so pigheaded? ~Palom
How do you prove that we exist? Maybe we don't exist... ~Vivi Orunitia
The only dependable thing about the future is uncertainty. ~Amarant Coral
ADD is a double edged sword. Also the handle is a blade.

That one's easy: it's because it sounds disgusting. Society's got nothing to do with that. ~Gotoh

Nev

Post by Nev »

Going out into the streets of Holland as someone who doesn't follow football, this is how well I fit in right now.

mikbuster

Post by mikbuster »

You have a tail that moves? :D I know what you mean. I don't follow any sports, so there are seasons where I'm just like, "Wha?"
You don't need a reason to help people. ~Zidane Tribal
Geez. Why are adults so pigheaded? ~Palom
How do you prove that we exist? Maybe we don't exist... ~Vivi Orunitia
The only dependable thing about the future is uncertainty. ~Amarant Coral
ADD is a double edged sword. Also the handle is a blade.

That one's easy: it's because it sounds disgusting. Society's got nothing to do with that. ~Gotoh

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

Looks like the Cannibal of Natal likes Italian food. With a good Chianti and a side-dish of fava beans.

Fsfsfsfsfsfsfsfsss!
ImageImage