Beautiful Sceneries

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Re: Beautiful Sceneries

Post by Don Alexander »

Nice pics, Rad!!! :-bd

I especially like the churches. Though a complete atheist, I have always liked sacred architecture. One name: Gaudi.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Thread-resurrection double post! :P

I just caught... a dawnbow!!! :)

As in a rainbow at dawn.

By now, it's a gonebow. :(
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Radbaron
Forum FlyBoy
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada, North America, Erp, Sol System, Saggitarius Arm, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by Radbaron »

Red sky at morning, sailors take warning.

But the 'bow was beau.
Red Corsair of Questionable European Nobility.
And I need an avatar. <fixed>
668 , Neighbour of the Beast

Paul
Location: Humble hewn-from-a-small-cliff living quarters deep in Mink Hollow

Post by Paul »

This thread needs another resurrection! Even though I'm not feeling well enough to write anything that requires focused concentration, I can simply post some of my scenic work. That doesn't take too much work. ;)

These all were shot along the shore of Lake Superior, on the northern shore inside of Minnesota, which we natives like to call The North Shore.

First, the shore itself:
Shore.JPG
Shore.JPG (34.13 KiB) Viewed 11801 times
Then a different spot, a bit higher and gazebo added:
Gazebo.JPG
Gazebo.JPG (44.32 KiB) Viewed 11803 times
And finally, a little stream that feeds into the lake:
Stream.JPG
Stream.JPG (71.96 KiB) Viewed 11803 times
Right after I shot this picture, a small girl, probably four or five came up with her older sister, saw the stream and exclaimed: "Look! A water fountain!" :))

Paul

Post by Paul »

Somehow, Teach, I knew you'd be the first one to comment!

Paul

Post by Paul »

Thank you! You are most kind. :)

ExplodingJoe
Hair-Triggered

Post by ExplodingJoe »

figured I'd share some pictures from last year.
I present to you the city I love, and will one day return to.
Boston

I even love the crouded, age old streets.

Here is the original town hall, outside which the Boston Massacre occured.

Peering down these winding streets, some of my favorite pubs exist right down these blocks.

"If you aren't gonna say exactly how and what you feel, you might as well not say anything at all." ~ Johnny Cash
"Remember, a dead fish can float downstream, but it takes a live one to swim upstream." ~ W. C. Fields

Asaryu
Tentacoo Goddess

Post by Asaryu »

I'm looking forward to going there next year...any recommendations for places to see?
Tentacoo-Goddess of the Bubblibaff, Gazer of the Southern Heavens and Mistress of Morals. She/Them. Judging you.

ExplodingJoe
Hair-Triggered

Post by ExplodingJoe »

most of what I know of Boston is bars.

the Aquarium is completely worth it. And eating at the Union Oyster House can be pricey but is also totally worth it.

Perhaps you'd trust me enough to poke in for a few hours if you visit Midge :D If its a weekend, its highly likely I'll be a short distance north up the coast.
"If you aren't gonna say exactly how and what you feel, you might as well not say anything at all." ~ Johnny Cash
"Remember, a dead fish can float downstream, but it takes a live one to swim upstream." ~ W. C. Fields

midgetshrimp
Modly Pirate Jesus

Post by midgetshrimp »

Oh god, the Oyster House. I completely forgot about that place. The food is actually pretty good. I always think of the science museum, the aquarium, and Quincy Market/Fanuel Hall as the places to take people. And hopefully she can be here at some point when the Bruins are playing, because I want her to come with us to a game, and be frightened. :ymdevil: That's one of the things that kind of get me with the plan changing of me going over there this winter. I was going to try to get some Winter Classic tickets, because I'm never going to go to Fenway for a baseball game, so I could take her to a hockey game there instead. Oh well. It's more than a fair exchange to be with her. :)
Exuberant High Captain Mod-siah of the Elder Council, Grand Official Bard.
Who needs sex when you have Menage a 3?

ExplodingJoe
Hair-Triggered

Post by ExplodingJoe »

You should see the new Apple store down by the Prudential Center. At night, the thing looks like its taken half the city's wattage. The Dropkick Murphys pub is somewhat near it, but, much to my dismay, that has been overrun by townies and plastered with shitty music.

Asaryu
Tentacoo Goddess

Post by Asaryu »

I walked past the Sydney Apple store tonight. It's a big, three storey shop with internal balconies and a massive glass front. I think they must have had a band playing or something.
Tentacoo-Goddess of the Bubblibaff, Gazer of the Southern Heavens and Mistress of Morals. She/Them. Judging you.

ExplodingJoe
Hair-Triggered

Post by ExplodingJoe »

imagine a similar set up, with HUGE white lights running up and down each side of the building, and an interior so well lit that it make a section of the block look like daylight.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

THREAD-LICH!!! *triumphant gesture*

Spiderwebs glistening with dew at dawn at the observatory.

Hope no one runs away screaming...
ImageImage

Asaryu
Tentacoo Goddess

Post by Asaryu »

Very beautiful, Don. ^_^

Reminds me of a scene from Fantasia.