Beautiful Sceneries

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Re: Beautiful Sceneries

Post by Don Alexander »

Yay for T2B thread!!! :ymhug:

Love the third one.

Will post my stuff tomorrow...
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

http://fc13.deviantart.com/fs27/f/2008/ ... Kouken.jpg

a shot i took in India in the summer.

I love twilight shots.

http://fc19.deviantart.com/fs26/f/2008/ ... Kouken.jpg
http://fc21.deviantart.com/fs26/f/2008/ ... Kouken.jpg

The tree of death! Such lush surroundings in this graveyard [my bro's buried here] and here we have this dead tree, fruitless and bare but everlasting.

and surrounded by date palm trees? Damn thats some good soil....i wonder what they use for it >>. Cough*

http://fc19.deviantart.com/fs30/f/2008/ ... Kouken.jpg

Gah! Hawk on the Tree of Death..looking at me..

http://fc95.deviantart.com/fs32/f/2008/ ... Kouken.jpg

The patch of land infront of my bro's grave. An ancient grave stone lies in the flora, the inscription is gone now but i still remember it. He was a british soldier.

Those blue crosses in the back mean the person buried gave themselves in servitude to the faith [nun and priests]

http://fc44.deviantart.com/fs31/f/2008/ ... Kouken.jpg

not scenic, but i certainly love it.
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

Shame my towns usually so dull or I'd post pics of it...

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Awww, no one's posting in T2B's thread. So I will. I'm such a good guy, you know? :-bd

These are hot of the presses, so to speak. We are getting blasted by a rapidly advancing cold front right down from Svalbard, and an hour ago, it started pouring snow. And this is what it looked like after just a few minutes.

This is a view from the steps of my building toward our main building. Our Italian Mafia is having dinner in the seminar room. :D

And this is a view right out of my window. A bit inbetween right now. More snow would be better. Our telescope's dome is almost completely invisible.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

Teacher2B wrote:Snow!! I've only been seen snow twice in my life, and both times in the North of Argentina. I love the second picture especially. It made me think about some scenes I've seen in films.
I :x snow. Though I am not a winter sports person at all. I just love how it covers everything, makes the world soft and monochrome... :ymdaydream:
Though I've experienced global warming first-hand. Back in the eighties, when I was still into that, we sledded each winter... :ymsigh: These last two winters have been terrible, almost no snow at all, just cold and rain and bleary all the time. 2005/2006 was pretty awesome, though. It snowed in early January, then remained below freezing for three weeks. :)
ImageImage

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

Teacher2B wrote:Cold, rain and bleary...that sounds like the winters here. They are never extremely cold (for European standards), but there's always lots of wind, and that's the worst thing. These last two winters have been really cold, and it snowed a bit in some parts of the country. But not here, as I'm too near the coast. We had to suffer freezing cold without snow :((
Well, if you want to go to England... It's not much different there. All the time. :P Or so the rumors state. ;)

Gounrey!!! Atomics!!!

Watch this. I won't spoil what it is. But I wish I had been there. And I want that in full DH with 7.1 Surround and the Subwoofer from Hell.
ImageImage

midgetshrimp
Modly Pirate Jesus

Post by midgetshrimp »

Haha. Snow. We got... uh... I think 110 inches last winter, at least. For us, it's coming later in the year, but it's still coming. Shoveling the drive way, the snowbanks were about twice my height. My mom and sister couldn't get the snow over them, so they had to wait for me to come home on the weekends to shovel the driveway. It was like a tunnel. Most snowfall for some years. I'll get some pictures when the snow starts falling again this year. I, for one, hate winter. It's not so much fun when you have to live in it. Without heat. Or hot water. Or a snow blower. *mutters curses at Maine winters under his breath*
Exuberant High Captain Mod-siah of the Elder Council, Grand Official Bard.
Who needs sex when you have Menage a 3?

harbino

Post by harbino »

Its not all blustry, windy and dank in England... we do have some days that are nice.

I have rarely seen snow where I live, and I live in the north.

Anyways my enteries include:

A nice picture of Scarborough Castle in the sun

And a nice evening on Sutton Bank

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

The second pic is awwwwwwwwesome!!! Beautiful colors (ar, in this case, colours) and everything.
ImageImage

harbino

Post by harbino »

TBH I didn't take the second. I found that on the internet. But the first one I took... well my dad took it.....

Man that photo takes me back...

harbino

Post by harbino »

:ymhug:

But TBH I don't have that much of a story to go with photos...

harbino

Post by harbino »

The first one isn't as such as story, just something from ages ago, from when my mum was still alive and when I was about 8.
It was a holiday in Scarborough, in Autumn so it was kinda cold and they have high waves then.

harbino

Post by harbino »

No.... you haven't.

TBH things don't really hurt me as such... I am too laid back and relaxed about things :( I DON'T WANNA BE LAID BACK :((

But back to the sceneries.

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

I hoping it snows this year as my town looks much better in the snow.

harbino

Post by harbino »

I hope it doesn't snow here. The last thing I want is a huge wet cold snowball to the back of my head.

But at least in school I will have a warm drink. TBH I do want to have a white Christmas. But living in a low lying town, the snow melts into rain most of the time.

Although today I did see some hail stone.