Jabber!

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Re: Jabber!

Post by yiraheerai »

Mine wasn't very happy. :\ Just a bad mood partially caused by the wind and then going to my grandparents' to see a visiting cousin of my dad who is terminally ill and visiting for probably the last time. It wasn't too bad yesterday since I knew they were still going to be here today but man.
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

Yiraheerai, I hope things will get better for you.

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Hope your day turned out to be less stressful than you feared, Yira. :ymhug:

Clearly my reading comprehension drops when I get a little tired. Romanes Eunt Domus apparently has a birthday today. Unfortunately, on the first read through I saw Ramones Eats Donuts..... /:) You what? A vigorous eye rub and a second look revealed my mistake. b-(
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

I am wondering if i should get tales of Berseria
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

I hope everyone in the U. S. had a good Thanksgiving and everyone had a great International Buy Nothing Day.

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

Eh,it was all right.I had Thanksgiving two days in a row. The one on actual Thanksgiving Day wasn't bad, kind of boring as I didn't get to help out as much as I wanted. I did get to see and slightly take part of the process to make my grandmother's rolls which I love to bits. Today's dinner was a bit overwhelming as there were 13 people- three of them kids. Again, didn't get to help out as much as I was hoping but I proved slightly useful by watching my cousin's 1 year old for a bit. He was fussy. I also had to buy some ice today at a convenience store and was lucky enough to not have to be part of the Black Friday insanity. The only person inside the store was the worker and there were people sitting outside waiting for a bus. That was it.
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

I made it through Thanksgiving and am back home. The joys of having a lot of Doctor Who audios to listen to. It wasn't easy, but I'm SO glad to be home.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

Good everyone survived thanksgiving.

Been trying to remember a REALLY obscure anime from my childhood. Something with special animal like armors (one was a dragon atleast), a girl who can let herself be possessed by the spirit of her brother (whose body is held by the villain) and one scene where a guy with fibre wire tries to fight her at a construction site and she smashes up a crane (the vehicle type with threads) with her mind by summoning her bro.

Also one of the male main chars can summon orbs around people which consume them/they disapear into as it closes around them.

A submarine gets destroyed with his friend and girlfriend aboard (she had metal plates inserted into her spine to control her in an assasination attempt on him, just before the submarine is destroyed by a female villain).

I never even found out the shows name, was 7 at the time.
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

Rings absolutely no bells for me. I hope you find it though. Not being able to can be maddening.

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

I'm afraid I have nothing on that one, too, Tenjen.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

a very obscure memory of an almost unexplainable anime
ImageImageImage

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

I'm back!!!

Ok, no idea if anyone missed me, I was just gone a few days... :P

I managed to "ban" myself again. :| This time without killing anyone else.

I recently was told my old email address will be deactivated. :( So I started looking up places where I need to change my address. One of them was here. Result: My account gets deactivated, pending a reactivation by the admin!!!! Allegedly a mail has been sent to Giz, but nothing happens.

Finally I write her personally (to exactly the same mail address the other mail went too...), and lo! shortly thereafter, I am reactivated.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Well, that sucks. Welcome back, Alex. I was starting to wonder where you were.

On another note: I hope everyone had a pleasant Win Sol.

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

Welcome back! :)

It was eh. I woke up with a horrible earache, cleaned, puttered around online. Things I thought were going to happen didn't and that left me disappointed and a little jarred because I had things planned somewhat. More than usual anyway. My mom did take time out of her day to drop by which is rare (both her having time and dropping by) and I read some good fic. So it wasn't horrible.

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

Well, Alex, glad you're back and was wondering where you'd disappeared to.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"