Anime lovers

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Re: Anime lovers

Post by Tenjen »

i just discovered the visual novel saya-no-uta and WHAT THE FUCK
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

Emoroffle

Post by Emoroffle »

Why is there not a second season of "Is it Wrong To Try To Pick Up Girls In A Dungeon?" yet? I am in love with this series. It's a good substitute for SAO if you're just coming off that and want more fantasy/action stuff with excellent production.
Is it bad that I want to be a super-villain?
Anyone available to hench?

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

I'm wishing for another season of The Devil is a Part-Timer myself. It was just so GOOFY.
Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.
And to keep for future reference: Image

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

i am hoping too. otherwise ill have to head into the manga, which has so much neat material.
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

Ack! No! No! You can't make me do that! I still haven't finished Sora no Otoshimono yet!-*Disappears into the manga sites* :p
Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

Mind you i only follow the manga of a certian very good Cooking school manga with orgasmic reactions to the food.

been watching it since it started

BEFORE IT WAS COOL *hat and french hat*
ImageImageImage

Emoroffle

Post by Emoroffle »

Adamas wrote:I'm wishing for another season of The Devil is a Part-Timer myself. It was just so GOOFY.
I love that series, I'm reading the manga at the moment to get my fix but the English translation so far is only at about the same point that the anime ended at. I'm really disappointed in the current anime season, not much good out there. I'm going to check out the new Gundam show but SEED and 00 were both sub-par and doesn't set a good precedent for the serious part of that franchise. That said, Gundam Build Fighters and GBF Try were pure gold. I'm now a big fan of Aila Jyrkiainen.
Is it bad that I want to be a super-villain?
Anyone available to hench?

Raamyah
Creator of small worlds

Post by Raamyah »

I don't know if anyone has mentioned Little Witch Academia here, but I can highly recommend both of the episodes Trigger has produced. Worth watching if you like a mashup of Harry Potter, anime, and Disney.
"There are four pillars of existence that support the very foundations of the universe: the speed of light in a vacuum, the Planck constant, Newtonian gravity, and the all-encompassing awesomeness of breasts." - Pauli Polsuo

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid." - Anonymous

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

Tenjen wrote:Mind you i only follow the manga of a certian very good Cooking school manga with orgasmic reactions to the food.
... That CANNOT be sanitary! :-o

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

I recommend:
  • "The Wind Raises", which was Hayao Miyazaki's final film before he retired. It's worth it for the narrative and the theme song, which is moving after you've seen it and understand the lyrics.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

I saw a trailer for 'When Marnie was There' in my playlist last night and, after seeing it, I decided to watch the film itself. Aside from the obvious bait-and-switch and an ending sequence which was a bit overdone, it wasn't half bad.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

Theres a girls und panzer movie? i wasnt aware of this.
ImageImageImage

TellusEidolon
Just an Anomalous Phantasm
Location: Ducklair Tower, Downtown Duckburg, on the 151st floor.

Post by TellusEidolon »

Artificial does not mean obtuse! ~Uno from Paperinik's New Adventures.
It is important to draw wisdom from different places. If you take it from only one place it become rigid and stale. ~Iroh
You can't make an omelette without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others. ~Tarquin
The skin stretched and tanned, the striped suit sown into the flesh itself, the killer donned a new body, giggling to no one, "Wears Waldo."
This is here for future reference.

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

*scrolls through anime on Netflix*

*settles for the first ep of Gurren Lagann*

...Does it get better or...?
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

mikbuster

Post by mikbuster »

I've heard good things. Obsessed things, but apparently good.
You don't need a reason to help people. ~Zidane Tribal
Geez. Why are adults so pigheaded? ~Palom
How do you prove that we exist? Maybe we don't exist... ~Vivi Orunitia
The only dependable thing about the future is uncertainty. ~Amarant Coral
ADD is a double edged sword. Also the handle is a blade.

That one's easy: it's because it sounds disgusting. Society's got nothing to do with that. ~Gotoh