Anime lovers

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

TellusEidolon
Just an Anomalous Phantasm
Location: Ducklair Tower, Downtown Duckburg, on the 151st floor.

Re: Anime lovers

Post by TellusEidolon »

Thanks, i'll try both later.

And i usually prefer subs over dubs.
Artificial does not mean obtuse! ~Uno from Paperinik's New Adventures.
It is important to draw wisdom from different places. If you take it from only one place it become rigid and stale. ~Iroh
You can't make an omelette without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others. ~Tarquin
The skin stretched and tanned, the striped suit sown into the flesh itself, the killer donned a new body, giggling to no one, "Wears Waldo."
This is here for future reference.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Fen
Chaotic Neutral

Post by Fen »

After 3+ years of no shows which stir my interest, this season is promising :).

"Another" seems great so far. I hope it doesn't end up cutting it short like Chaos;head because of its 12 episode limit, though.
Ordinary lives of highschool boys is awesome :D

Watching Rinne No Lagrange and Ano Natsu De Matteru and kyousougiga when I has the time. Summary seems promising.
One day I'm gonna lose the war.

Raamyah
Creator of small worlds

Post by Raamyah »

While I'm sure that they have been mentioned before in this thread, I just discovered Panty and Stocking (with Garterbelt). It's such a bizarre cross between the Powerpuff Girls and Pulp Fiction with a little Sailor Moon dropped in for fun.

It's pretty awesome.
"There are four pillars of existence that support the very foundations of the universe: the speed of light in a vacuum, the Planck constant, Newtonian gravity, and the all-encompassing awesomeness of breasts." - Pauli Polsuo

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid." - Anonymous

sanzo

Post by sanzo »

I admit, I liked the art direction for that show

I just didn't like the show itself

Yuzu: "Ugh... I knew mentioning it around Otakuro would be a bad idea..."

Atsuro: "Otakuro!? What's with that all of a sudden...? What's wrong with being an otaku!?"

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ F*CK THIS TABLE.

TellusEidolon

Post by TellusEidolon »

A friend of mine (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻' and flailed his arms around in rage at the terrible trolling ending.
It is important to draw wisdom from different places. If you take it from only one place it become rigid and stale. ~Iroh
You can't make an omelette without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others. ~Tarquin
The skin stretched and tanned, the striped suit sown into the flesh itself, the killer donned a new body, giggling to no one, "Wears Waldo."

Raamyah
Creator of small worlds

Post by Raamyah »

So there is an 'ending" to this reign of bizarre episodes? I'm only up to Episode 8.

I do so like the sexy parts, even though they are few and far between. Listening to Japanese voice actors swear in English is almost off the chart funny.
"There are four pillars of existence that support the very foundations of the universe: the speed of light in a vacuum, the Planck constant, Newtonian gravity, and the all-encompassing awesomeness of breasts." - Pauli Polsuo

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid." - Anonymous

Ecchi-Spud
Wielder of the Remote

Post by Ecchi-Spud »

It's GAINAX. You expect them to have a normal ending?
Many thanks to Raamyah for the avvie!!!!

sanzo

Post by sanzo »

TellusEidolon wrote:A friend of mine (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻' and flailed his arms around in rage at the terrible trolling ending.
Taking stuff from my sig?

Sir, I challenge you to fisticuffs :p

Yuzu: "Ugh... I knew mentioning it around Otakuro would be a bad idea..."

Atsuro: "Otakuro!? What's with that all of a sudden...? What's wrong with being an otaku!?"

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ F*CK THIS TABLE.

Raamyah
Creator of small worlds

Post by Raamyah »

I didn't expect anything normal from this show. It's almost like a drug induced hallucination.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

Iam a massive fan of p&s w/g

Loved the final battle before the ending. I got the music album and love that song during the footsex (admit it, that's what it was)

The whole end theme is great too. Chocolate is a song I only love cause of the show. I simply adore scanty and knee socks theme when they appear ( though the song is somewhat different)

Some of the songs are appropriately weird and one consists of panty's.....moans...during her favorite endeavor. Best to avoid having the whole album on shuffle infact....

Love the shifts in art style that occur.

P&s is major brain chow for someone like me. You know...
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

TellusEidolon

Post by TellusEidolon »

sanzo wrote:
TellusEidolon wrote:A friend of mine (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻' and flailed his arms around in rage at the terrible trolling ending.
Taking stuff from my sig?

Sir, I challenge you to fisticuffs :p
No.

I got that from urbandictionary's site. :p

Raamyah
Creator of small worlds

Post by Raamyah »

Oh, man. I wanted to see fisticuffs.

Guess I'll have to go back to watching the show. Maybe afterwards I'll go blow up some paper maché ghosts.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

High school of the dead and Queens blade,

Hhmmmmmmmm. >,>. Interesting stuff....

Though high school was fucking horrifying...BFF scene, the librarian looking lady scene, the various gym outfit and schoolgirl outfit girls ? FAN DISSERVICE. On purpose I bet to squick those with the fetishes. (except for those with the Guro versions of the fetishes)

Horrifying to someone like me. Especially with my habit of emotional and mental masochism.
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

Raamyah
Creator of small worlds

Post by Raamyah »

Okay, the ending was pretty harsh. Does make me want to see if there will be a Season 2, though. Considering who was there at the end with Garterbelt, it is set up well.

I love the scene where Stocking's sword impaled Panty's head.