The Goggle Box!

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Re: The Goggle Box!

Post by Azrael »

So, do we have a dead Ducky?
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

mac2

Post by mac2 »

I think they're writing him out and Jimmy is going to replace him as ME. Of the rest of the team, the only ones we know are safe are Tony and Ziva. McGee was in the squad room and we saw the windows blow in. Gibbs was in the lab with Abby and grabbed her just as the bomb went off.
Spoilered just in case.
Yes, it is as bad as you think, and they are out to get you

Everything is significant until proven otherwise.

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

Managed to watch Revolution last night. Interesting premise but I'll have to hope they actually give it a chance to get an audience rather than "3 weeks and canceled" like so many these past few years.

Edit: Just saw a commercial for the NCIS season premiere and so far I can sum it up in three words: Gibbs is PISSED!!!
Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.
And to keep for future reference: Image

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

I've read articles about what's going on with David McCallum (Ducky's actor). They keep talking about trying to put characters in different lights, different spots. I don't think they have plans to get rid of him, especially since he just signed a contract that's supposed to be.. two years? So no.
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

We have everyone still, but I think Ducky's gonna be stepping back a bit and letting Jimmy grow into the job a bit more.
Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

More than likely. Poor Jimmy's going to be so flustered. I'm ECSTATIC he's in the cast line up this season though! He's been there 8, 9 years as a "reoccurring character" now he's FINALLY part of the main cast.
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

mac2

Post by mac2 »

Did anyone watch the premiere of Vegas that was on after NCIS: LA Tuesday? The pilot was pretty good. I hope it gets enough viewers to stay on for a while.
Yes, it is as bad as you think, and they are out to get you

Everything is significant until proven otherwise.

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

I caught some of it. I honestly don't think it's gonna be that big. Gibbs does the cowboy thing better, CSI handles Vegas, granted this is in a different time. It seemed really choppy. Like they're trying to get the '60s, the Wild West and mash them together.

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Post by Dirty n Evil »

So, my pal Zeus gave me a little DC bad news / good news. Apparently, "Young Justice" is going to be cancelled (along with its sister show "Green Lantern"). They never gave that show a decent chance. Radical changes in theme, storylines, and then the odd and spontaneous break for several weeks after only a few episodes aired.

The good news? Apparently, Cartoon Network has OK'ed "Teen Titans Go!". From the way it's pitched, it seems almost like a continuation of the old Teen Titans cartoon that I adored so much (glances to the right at the BB icon for his avatar) with a slightly increased emphasis on humor. They've even got all of the original voice actors reprising their roles from the original show.
Tied 1st Place of "What Would You Do To Win A Ma3 Contest" Contest (Aug '09) / Winner of Cutest Forumite Contest (Male Division) (Sept '09)
Winner of FRANKIES Awards Contest (Feb '10) Winner in Noms & Exemplary Divisions / Winner of 'The Contest For the Next Contest' Contest (Jul '10)
Winner of Wet T-Shirt Guys Division (Jul '10) / Winner of Lonely Hearts Contest (Feb '11)

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

:ymparty: Hope it turns out as good as the original.

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

What?! whyyyyyyyyyyyy Young Justice was great! seriously what the fuck, with all the delays and then they cancel it.

IT WAS JL AND JLU AWESOME for fucks sake

i dont get pissed like this for these reasons very often but goddamn...
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

Sorry, only reason I watched TT was Raven and her irritation with Starfire's eternal cheerfulness. I enjoyed YJ and GL immensly though. X(

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Defiance. Seems pretty good so far, anyway. A little Eureka mixed with a bit of Gunsmoke, and maybe a dash of Babylon 5 then add a pinch of Shakespearean intrigue. Also, Stephanie Leonidas. Humina. :x

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

The end of NCIS tonight

TellusEidolon
Just an Anomalous Phantasm
Location: Ducklair Tower, Downtown Duckburg, on the 151st floor.

Post by TellusEidolon »

The last NCIS first get sent tonight here. :/
Artificial does not mean obtuse! ~Uno from Paperinik's New Adventures.
It is important to draw wisdom from different places. If you take it from only one place it become rigid and stale. ~Iroh
You can't make an omelette without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others. ~Tarquin
The skin stretched and tanned, the striped suit sown into the flesh itself, the killer donned a new body, giggling to no one, "Wears Waldo."
This is here for future reference.