The Goggle Box!

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Radbaron
Forum FlyBoy
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada, North America, Erp, Sol System, Saggitarius Arm, Milky Way Galaxy

Re: The Goggle Box!

Post by Radbaron »

I was talking to a friend of mine the other day, him and one of his buddies did a 24 Marathon. They watched EACH show on the hour that they started. That gave them about 15 minutes an hour to eat, drink, bathroom, quick nap, etc.
Red Corsair of Questionable European Nobility.
And I need an avatar. <fixed>
668 , Neighbour of the Beast

cyanide_sweet
Ebil Sithlady

Post by cyanide_sweet »

The boyfriend and I have been working our way through X Files. It's sort of awesome, I don't know how I went so long without realizing this.

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Post by Dirty n Evil »

Oh, it's most certainly fun watching, CS... until David Duchovny leaves the show, so up to season 7 you're good. (Actually, season 7 was a bit "meh" compared to their earlier stuff too, but the quality just does a nosedive as soon as he left.) The joke me and my friends had about Robert Patrick (then best known as the T-1000 from Terminator 2) was that he had the emotive range of a blob of metal. :)) The final two episodes are good to watch as well, as both Duchovny and Anderson return to finish up the show. Now, there's the two movies... watch the first movie, Fight the Future after season 5 when you get there. Because season 6 takes up directly where the movie ends. If you skip the movie, you might feel a bit disjointed about events and felt like you missed something.

When you get to the third season and see the episode entitled "José Chung's From Outer Space", you're only seeing half of the greatest story told by Chris Carter. Because the character of José Chung reappears in the spin off of the X-Files, named Millenium, which didn't do nearly so well... but which had one of the funniest spoofs of Scientology shy of the South Park episode - without ever once saying the name Scientology. If you can, once you see the X-Files' José Chung episode, see if you can't get your hands on Millenium's episode named "José Chung's Doomsday Defense". It had me dying laughing despite being rather dark.
Tied 1st Place of "What Would You Do To Win A Ma3 Contest" Contest (Aug '09) / Winner of Cutest Forumite Contest (Male Division) (Sept '09)
Winner of FRANKIES Awards Contest (Feb '10) Winner in Noms & Exemplary Divisions / Winner of 'The Contest For the Next Contest' Contest (Jul '10)
Winner of Wet T-Shirt Guys Division (Jul '10) / Winner of Lonely Hearts Contest (Feb '11)

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

I see you make no further mention of the second movie... :P

Rightly so. :|
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

cyanide_sweet
Ebil Sithlady

Post by cyanide_sweet »

Thanks for the tip DnE, I'll make sure we definitely check that episode out!

I'm also rewatching Lost with my family right now, almost on season 4. I swear I will never stop being addicted to that show.

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

Anyone else following Off The Map? I think there's been a total of three episodes so far, but it looks like it could be a good series.
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

mac2

Post by mac2 »

I watched the first two episodes on Hulu. I think it's an interesting idea for a series, but what we actually see is flawed. There are several big plot holes and a couple of yelling-at-the-tv, what-were-the-writers-thinking moments that mde me enjoy the show less than I would have otherwise. I will watch the rest of the first season and see if it gets better, but it'll have to improve a lot to make me stay for season 2.
Yes, it is as bad as you think, and they are out to get you

Everything is significant until proven otherwise.

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

I could argue that, since it just started, it doesn't have enough plot yet for holes but then again I could be wrong. I don't know enough medical stuff either, but the way the TB was handled made me think they were out of their minds.
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Post by Dirty n Evil »

You're just getting into the good part of the show, Teach! Babylon 5 is a great sci-fi show, and I'm a big fan of J. Michael Straczynski as a writer. He's gone into comic books, and he's my favorite comic author of the moment.
Tied 1st Place of "What Would You Do To Win A Ma3 Contest" Contest (Aug '09) / Winner of Cutest Forumite Contest (Male Division) (Sept '09)
Winner of FRANKIES Awards Contest (Feb '10) Winner in Noms & Exemplary Divisions / Winner of 'The Contest For the Next Contest' Contest (Jul '10)
Winner of Wet T-Shirt Guys Division (Jul '10) / Winner of Lonely Hearts Contest (Feb '11)

Andi

Post by Andi »

Currently, I'm catching up on Mad Men. When it started, I didn't really get into it, but now I rather like it. Waiting for the new seasons of The Walking Dead and Breaking Bad to start. Both fantastic shows, if only they could make/release them faster. :3

Aside from that, I've watched Top Gear(UK. US version leaves something to be desired imo), House, The Wire, The L Word, Weeds, and Mythbusters. All great shows. :)
colon three

Nibler
Professional Lurker

Post by Nibler »

currently watching Californication and Sons of Anarchy, very different show but I do enjoy both very much.
This is not the greatest signature in the world, no. This is just a tribute.

JVDifferent
Venus Dicktrap

Post by JVDifferent »

TRON: Uprising. It is a TRON animated series.
Resplendent King of Lizards and Darkness
Resident Firestarter, Wielder of the Falcon Punch
SKULLS SKULLS SKULLS
Proudly signature-less since 1986. I mean... Fuck.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

possible spoilers for those who can connect the dots of my vague mentionings.

So a certain series pulled some shit i hate and i cant watch it anymore. Girlfriend Fridge Syndrome.

No really...iam sick of this shit being used as a plot device. oh sure "it just felt natural that she would die as the series progressed"

Thats what they all say! for shits sake.

Not like iam sad about the char, they'd basicly made every line of hers into complaining and bitching for ages or atleast it felt that way. I dont know, its a pretty great series and i can see how this could add to it, maybe the series has just worn off on me for now
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

Ted Lawson of United Robotronics made VICI. The matrix saw this and deemed it good.

Anyone remember The small wonder?

OH OH OH!

Anyone remember...The wonder years?

Lets go goggle box old school people.
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

zgwortz
D.O.M.

Post by zgwortz »

Thread revival!

So... anyone out there watching Game of Thrones on HBO? I'm pretty thrilled with it - it's an amazingly good adaptation of the book so far (I've *never* seen a book adaptation so well done, before, on TV *or* film...), and they haven't shied away from any of the more controversial stuff you might expect a TV adaptation to gloss over.

And... the start of the new season Doctor Who! Pretty surprising way to start the season... Alas, I made the mistake of watching it with friends as it was being transmitted -- which meant sitting through the BBC America commercial breaks. Kind of spoiled the flow of the episode.
-->Steve
D.O.M.