The Goggle Box!

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Re: The Goggle Box!

Post by yiraheerai »

They just released promo pictures for the NCIS episode Baltimore. It tackles the long asked (eight freaking years) question of: "How did Gibbs and Tony meet?"

I.. am flailing hardcore. I had forgotten how hot Michael Weatherly looked with is hair like that and THIS IS MY HOLY GRAIL EPISODE. Ahhhhh!!!! *flail flail, fangasm, flail*

We'll finally know. No more guessing. The only two left now in the "How did they join NCIS" questionnaire is Abby and Ducky and Abby told Kate in the first season "I filled out an application."

*races around and around flailing* Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii <3<3<3<3
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

TellusEidolon
Just an Anomalous Phantasm
Location: Ducklair Tower, Downtown Duckburg, on the 151st floor.

Post by TellusEidolon »

I'm still waiting to see when Abby realizes McGee is in love with her and they become a couple. =/
Artificial does not mean obtuse! ~Uno from Paperinik's New Adventures.
It is important to draw wisdom from different places. If you take it from only one place it become rigid and stale. ~Iroh
You can't make an omelette without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others. ~Tarquin
The skin stretched and tanned, the striped suit sown into the flesh itself, the killer donned a new body, giggling to no one, "Wears Waldo."
This is here for future reference.

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

They stopped because of Rule 12. I'm not entirely sure her going out with that new guy is anything but a "getting to know you/ welcome to NCIS" sort of thing. Abby hates it when Gibbs breaks his own rules. I don't think she could fathom breaking any of them.

Until Gibbs either throws that rule out or gives them permission to break it... I dunno.
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

TellusEidolon

Post by TellusEidolon »

What is rule 12 again? Forgot. :/

And the US is always a season ahead of my country with series. :((

Edit: It is "Don't date coworkers?"
It is important to draw wisdom from different places. If you take it from only one place it become rigid and stale. ~Iroh
You can't make an omelette without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others. ~Tarquin
The skin stretched and tanned, the striped suit sown into the flesh itself, the killer donned a new body, giggling to no one, "Wears Waldo."

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

Yeah, "never date a coworker."

Sorry if I spoiled you :( I'm just.. so excited. I'm literally bouncing in my seat.

mac2

Post by mac2 »

Sounds like it's going to be a good one. I still want to know the story behind the redhead in the silver convertible who picked Gibbs up several times in the first season.
Yes, it is as bad as you think, and they are out to get you

Everything is significant until proven otherwise.

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

That and the boat question will probably forever be questions.

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Post by Dirty n Evil »

So, I recently got a boxed set of a show that nobody but myself remembers or even liked, but I had a few surprises while watching it. Back in the mid-90's there was an animated TV show called The Critic, with the main character voiced by Jon Lovitz. I caught on watching it when it used to be played in re-runs on Cartoon Network's 'Adult Swim', and it was definitely a show that one's appreciation grew the more times it was watched because of the very dry humor. I'd been finding some bargains online, saw it for sale really cheap, and decided to pick it up.

My first surprise was that there were three episodes Cartoon Network never aired, so that was neat. Then I started paying attention to the credits, and that was an eye opener. Executive Consultant? Brad Bird, of Pixar fame. Main Titles Theme? No less than Hans Zimmer. And two episodes written by Judd Apatow! That's just crazy. For an animated show that never really caught on, that's quite a lot of well known people associated to it.
Tied 1st Place of "What Would You Do To Win A Ma3 Contest" Contest (Aug '09) / Winner of Cutest Forumite Contest (Male Division) (Sept '09)
Winner of FRANKIES Awards Contest (Feb '10) Winner in Noms & Exemplary Divisions / Winner of 'The Contest For the Next Contest' Contest (Jul '10)
Winner of Wet T-Shirt Guys Division (Jul '10) / Winner of Lonely Hearts Contest (Feb '11)

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Wow, haven't seen that one in a looong time. Too intellectual for the average Joe would be my guess for it not catching on much. At the time people expected evening animated shows to be The Simpsons.
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Post by Dirty n Evil »

Interestingly enough, The Critic was also made by Gracie Films, who make The Simpsons. It also aired on Fox - I want to say originally it directly followed The Simpsons, too. But it definitely suffered from being from a very northeastern point of view. Set in New York City with a main character who was Jewish, making fun of southerners with his boss Duke (who was clearly a spoof of Ted Turner)... yeah, it sadly went towards too narrow a demographic. But I liked it. ;)
Tied 1st Place of "What Would You Do To Win A Ma3 Contest" Contest (Aug '09) / Winner of Cutest Forumite Contest (Male Division) (Sept '09)
Winner of FRANKIES Awards Contest (Feb '10) Winner in Noms & Exemplary Divisions / Winner of 'The Contest For the Next Contest' Contest (Jul '10)
Winner of Wet T-Shirt Guys Division (Jul '10) / Winner of Lonely Hearts Contest (Feb '11)

TellusEidolon

Post by TellusEidolon »

Dollhouse is absolutely worth seeing! :3

It has just started airing here and i really enjoy it. I thought i had to get the dvd to see it. (Still am going to get it, but no rush now)

Only thing i'd like is that it could be aired an hour earlier, as it is now it airs 1:35 AM. :|

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

I managed to catch a few episodes of Dollhouse, it seemed to have potential but wasn't given the chance it really deserved.

And let me guess Yira, Tony's hair is gonna be slightly disheveled and spiky ala Logan Cale?
Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.
And to keep for future reference: Image

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

It's gone through quite a few changes, actually. When the series started, it was long-ish and slicked back. Then it went to a little shorter and slicked back. 6 seasons later, it's pretty short and alternately combed down or spikey. Depends.

*Totally not obsessed with Michael Weatherly. Nope, not at all* :-=

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

Your welcome.
Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.
And to keep for future reference: Image

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

=p~ =p~ =p~ =p~ =p~

*falls over ded in glee*