The Goggle Box!

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Retiarius

Re: The Goggle Box!

Post by Retiarius »

When The Critic originally aired on Fox, there was a station break Jon Lovitz recorded for the show that should be played for every Fox News station break:

“You’re watching Fox! Shame on you.”

:D
I think outside the tesseract.

mac2

Post by mac2 »

@yira: "Baltimore" was a great episode, but it raised as many questions as it answered. Spoiler/Tony was going to propose to some woman? And that's all we found out? WTH?

Then we got to the episode before the season finale. :-o :( :((
Yes, it is as bad as you think, and they are out to get you

Everything is significant until proven otherwise.

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

He kind of masked that part up. Did he? Didn't he? He put the deflectors on Danny HARDCORE.

SPOILER [I think she was VAGUELY mentioned in Season Six- the Christmas episode. Ziva asks about a girl Tony had gone out with and he deflects there too. Mentions something about her being the best one.]

That episode made me cry so hard. :(( Definitely added fuel for the fire. Now to see how Tony deals with that CLIFFHANGER. I am so jazzed for Season 9. \:d/
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

MarkMoriquendi

Post by MarkMoriquendi »

am watching an old wrestling match (from british channel ITV's World Of Sport programme) between Dave Finlay (omg! He has long dark hair!) and Caswell Martin
I love this old professional wrestling :)

mac2

Post by mac2 »

yiraheerai wrote:Now to see how Tony deals with that CLIFFHANGER.
I don't know how he will deal with it, but Gibbs is going to be pissed. I wouldn't want to be the new SecNav when Gibbs finds out.
Yes, it is as bad as you think, and they are out to get you

Everything is significant until proven otherwise.

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

Especially with how hellbent [redacted] was on getting Tony to do this.

Yeah.. do not want to be in his firing range.
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Post by Dirty n Evil »

I've been a long time fan of CSI: Las Vegas (the original, thank you very much) but I think it's on its last legs. Read in the paper today that Lawrence Fishburn is done with the show and won't be back, plus there since the beginning actress Marge Helgenberger is going to part-time status. These last two seasons, the writing has been a bit... below their usual quality on average, and now with almost half the original cast gone they're going to have to go into serious introduction of new characters to keep the show going. (I still miss William Peterson's Gil Grissom.)
Tied 1st Place of "What Would You Do To Win A Ma3 Contest" Contest (Aug '09) / Winner of Cutest Forumite Contest (Male Division) (Sept '09)
Winner of FRANKIES Awards Contest (Feb '10) Winner in Noms & Exemplary Divisions / Winner of 'The Contest For the Next Contest' Contest (Jul '10)
Winner of Wet T-Shirt Guys Division (Jul '10) / Winner of Lonely Hearts Contest (Feb '11)

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

Grissom was the best part of the show.

Iceman
Location: I come from the land of the ice and snow, from the midnight sun where the hot springs blow.

Post by Iceman »

That he was. In fact, that persona was the reason I watched that show.
The iceman cometh

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

So I'm watching old school Looney Tunes (whyyy don't they do this sort of comedy anymore D:) and found out they're doing a remake of Thundercats. It looks very anime-ish.

It was before my time, I think, but it didn't keep me from dying a little inside.

TellusEidolon
Just an Anomalous Phantasm
Location: Ducklair Tower, Downtown Duckburg, on the 151st floor.

Post by TellusEidolon »

That's old news, Yira. :P

I agree though, they should just re-send the original Thundercats instead of trying to make a new one.
Artificial does not mean obtuse! ~Uno from Paperinik's New Adventures.
It is important to draw wisdom from different places. If you take it from only one place it become rigid and stale. ~Iroh
You can't make an omelette without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others. ~Tarquin
The skin stretched and tanned, the striped suit sown into the flesh itself, the killer donned a new body, giggling to no one, "Wears Waldo."
This is here for future reference.

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

But they can make it better, faster, stronger. It will be the six million dollar bomb. :p
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

i dont mind thundercats except that Cheetara is supposed to be a mature woman. Not...THAT.
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

Lighthawk
Killer GM

Post by Lighthawk »

Well it looks like they've taken some years off off everyone, so I guess she fits.

The new Thundercats is one of those shows that fill me with equal parts disgust and hope. Honestly, I really want it to be a good show, because I loved the original and it would bring true joy to my inner child to see new stuff for the series.

That said, remakes have such a long and constant history of disappointment that it makes me want to preemptively castrate the people in charge just for touching this series.

Still, I will hold onto something that is not quite as optimistic as hope, but isn't totally cynical either.

...please be good!
Holder of the Elder Scepter of Ebilnes, Elected Supreme Ruler
"Who are you? I mean, you're me, but I'm me too. How can there be two 'me's? It's not scientifically possible. You are not scientifically possible!" -Twilight Sparkle, to her future self.
Yira wrote:Whatever, labels are stupid. ...Unless it's a label gun, then we're talking tons of fun. "Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! ...This is an awesome bar stool, but you can have it."

Sideb(.)(.)bPlatypus
Purveyor of Puggles

Post by Sideb(.)(.)bPlatypus »

Just curious, is anyone here a fan of Undergrads?
R.I.P. Don Alexander/Dr. David "Alex" Alexander Kann, 2/15/77-3/10/23 :( I'll never forget you or all the good times we had.

"Look up. The stars are shining for you."

Owner and Manager of McLovecraft's; Zany Genius Inventor of Ichory Delights

<3 PRIDE IN THY PUGGLES! <3

me: I remember biting Teach in the ass...
DA: We remember the REALLY important things.

Became Mrs. SP on 10/16/10 <3 :D

Now with mini Puggles! (as in babies) I have two boys, ages 7 and 4 :)