The Goggle Box!

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Dryope

Re: The Goggle Box!

Post by Dryope »

....I'm so disappointed, I thought this thread was going to be about a magical box filled with all sorts of goggles.

I uhhh don't watch much tv, really. Sometimes when I go to my parents my little sister has Charmed on and I watch that with her. >.> I have watched a bit of Buffy and that was pretty good but I'm a bit put out with Whedon because of my Dr. Steel fandom. </3 If he's only on internet tv does it still count?
ImageImage

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

I'll allow it ;)

thaldin

Post by thaldin »

Let's see...

Shows I am currently recording:
  • Chuck
  • Heros
  • My Own Worst Enemy
  • Sarah Connor Chronicles
  • Two and a Half Men
  • Fringe
  • Knight Rider (reliving childhood pasts)
  • CSI
  • Eleventh Hour
  • Stargate Atlantis
  • Sanctuary
  • Family Guy
  • Simpsons
  • The Unit
Other Shows I love:
  • Stargate SG-1 (probably one of my all time favorites)
  • Torchwood
  • Doctor Who
  • Firefly
I'm sure there are more I'm missing, but this is off the top of my head =)

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

The Big Bang Theory. The ultimate Nerd comedy show :D Enough said.

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

Wish I knew a site where you could watch it as streaming in South America.... Anyone?

demoncat

Post by demoncat »

I don't actually have a tv right now, but when I get the chance I like to watch Pushing Daisies. As for what I watch on DVD there's Firefly, Stargate SG-1, Penn & Teller's BS, and The Tick. There's Red Dwarf too which is great but I've seen it so many times it almost plays by itself in my head. Jeeves & Wooster is excellent! That and Blackadder, of course. ;)

Scaramouche

Fear HBO's awesome awesomeness!

Post by Scaramouche »

HBO orders fantasy pilot 'Thrones'

HBO has given a pilot order to fantasy project "Game of Thrones."

The program is based on George R.R. Martin’s bestselling series of novels "A Song of Fire & Ice" and executive produced by David Benioff ("Troy"), D.B. Weiss ("Halo") and Guymon Casady ("Hope & Faith"). The title “Game of Thrones” is from the first novel in the series.

If greenlit, “Thrones” would represent the rarest of TV genres: a full-fledged fantasy series.

http://www.thrfeed.com/2008/11/hbo-orders-fant.html
:ymparty:
Moving on to new lurking grounds. Have fun, folks.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Re: Fear HBO's awesome awesomeness!

Post by Don Alexander »

:-\ We have a TV stuff thread... :-\

I am leery of this. I deem it impossible to bring Martin's vision to the screen. Foremost, it would have to be rated Triple X to be done right!
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Scaramouche

Re: Fear HBO's awesome awesomeness!

Post by Scaramouche »

I figured it deserved its own, because of its awesome awesomeness. But I wouldn't object if it was spliced into the TV thread.
Moving on to new lurking grounds. Have fun, folks.

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

Pushing Daises was great and a really good, if weird concept. Its just a shame they didn't put it on the mainstream channels here as thy kept changing its start time so I kept missing it. I'd have loved to have been able to just sit back and watch the entire series properly..

Apparently they're making some aniversary episodes of Red Dwarf that should be out next year some time *crosses figners* I hope so as I want them to tie up what happened at the end of the last one with everyone but Rimmer crossing into the mirror universe...

I also heard rumors of of kind of Red Dwarf, The Next Generation with an all new cast....

Blackadder... always brilliant :D Its just a shame that they didn't make more series over more time periods.

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

And Merged the Thones stuff here. ;)

Not sure how it would work those since the books are too epically long to make into a decent series.... that and people would just get too annoyed with the main characters dying every other episode.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Bear wrote:And Merged the Thones stuff here. ;)
Not sure how it would work those since the books are too epically long to make into a decent series.... that and people would just get too annoyed with the main characters dying every other episode.
Well, if they transfer the books one to one, then main characters would only die once per season... ;)
And the first book would last like four seasons... :))
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

Actually, you'd have like 5 of them die in the first season... The only way to make them into a watchable Tv series would be to imediately cut half of the material, and even then to do it justice the first book would have to be 13, one hour long episodes.

As I stated in teh books thread, I got bored of this series as it just dragged on too much and all the characters I liked getting killed just annoyed me too much an didn't make me want to read on.

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Bear wrote:The Big Bang Theory. The ultimate Nerd comedy show :D Enough said.

Agreed. Loved Big Bang. However it now interfers with Terminator so Hasta la vista :p . Besides Summer Glau trumps four nerd boys and a blonde any day of the week :x .
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

Azrael wrote:Besides Summer Glau trumps four nerd boys and a blonde any day of the week :x .
Summer Glau FTW! And FTW again!!!
ImageImage