Achievements

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Re: Achievements

Post by Don Alexander »

Don Alexander, several months ago wrote:
Don Alexander, just a few days ago wrote:It is now early March 2011, and it is FINALLY DONE!!! :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty:
I resubmitted it Friday night, it arrived safely and has been passed on to the editor (who had been informed beforehand). Said editor, who wrote me in late January he would reject the paper if I did not hurry up!! :-S :-S :-S :-s
I had already worked quite a bit on it in December, but then had all my huge computer troubles, and in January, I was without a work computer for a while etc.
And then the referee report was truly The Mother of all Referee Reports, and from early this year until now, the paper grew by an additional 23 pages to 129!!! :-o :-o :-o 8-} I hope the referee has no further major complaints. :-l
Aaaaaand.... ACCEPTED!!!! :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty:

Actually, already on Tuesday. Within, like, 24 hours of it landing on the desk of the scientific editor. Which is ridonkulously fast.

But concerning "I hope the referee has no further major complaints. :-l". Hoh boy. I'm not gonna go into any details. Let's just say it was... rather inappropriate of the conduct between scientists. 8-| The SE seemed to recognize this and valued the hard work I did in revising the paper by accepting it anyway...
Sheesh, completely forgot...

A few weeks ago, FINALLY, it was published in all finality. :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty:

While this is usually just a very last small - and inveitable - step after acceptance, in my case, it took about three times as long as usual because I had to herd a bunch of scientist kittens to get them to pay for part of the article. :P

So now I'm basically up to new stuff... Though my defense looms in just a few days!!! :-ss :-ss :-ss :-ss :-ss :-ss :-ss
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty:
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

D - IIIIII! :p

In all seriousness, good luck Alex. :ymparty:
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Let this be my official 16K post.

Achievement unlocked!!

Dr. rer. nat.

"With highest honors"

:ymsmug:

B-)

:-B
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

Holy cow, 16k?! :-o ^:)^

Edit: And this post is the same number as the year I was born. 1985. :ymsmug:
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

TheDude
Resident Redhead

Post by TheDude »

Doc-Mod, eh?
And summa cum laude? Not too shabby, either.
Congratulations! :ymparty:

And absolute flawless timing with the 16 k post.
"Time spent in happy delusion is never wasted." Frazz by Jef Mallet

"We fear change." Garth Algar

Lighthawk
Killer GM

Post by Lighthawk »

Congrats Don. And your reward...is clothes

Enjoy.
Holder of the Elder Scepter of Ebilnes, Elected Supreme Ruler
"Who are you? I mean, you're me, but I'm me too. How can there be two 'me's? It's not scientifically possible. You are not scientifically possible!" -Twilight Sparkle, to her future self.
Yira wrote:Whatever, labels are stupid. ...Unless it's a label gun, then we're talking tons of fun. "Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! ...This is an awesome bar stool, but you can have it."

Sideb(.)(.)bPlatypus
Purveyor of Puggles

Post by Sideb(.)(.)bPlatypus »

Hooray DA!!! :ymparty: :-bd :ymhug:
R.I.P. Don Alexander/Dr. David "Alex" Alexander Kann, 2/15/77-3/10/23 :( I'll never forget you or all the good times we had.

"Look up. The stars are shining for you."

Owner and Manager of McLovecraft's; Zany Genius Inventor of Ichory Delights

<3 PRIDE IN THY PUGGLES! <3

me: I remember biting Teach in the ass...
DA: We remember the REALLY important things.

Became Mrs. SP on 10/16/10 <3 :D

Now with mini Puggles! (as in babies) I have two boys, ages 7 and 4 :)

Lilianna
The Disappearing One

Post by Lilianna »

Yay DA! :)
ImageHEAD TECHNOLOGIST and GUARDIAN OF THE "THRONE".Image

CHIEF PROPHET OF CACAO, THE LORD AND GOD OF CHOCOLATIANITY

FSU Class of 2014!
Ailith wrote:Yes, it was intimate, it was passionate, it was sensual, and it ended with a few orgasms. So yeah, counts as sex to me.

TellusEidolon
Just an Anomalous Phantasm
Location: Ducklair Tower, Downtown Duckburg, on the 151st floor.

Post by TellusEidolon »

Congratulations, Don, you postwhore. :p
Artificial does not mean obtuse! ~Uno from Paperinik's New Adventures.
It is important to draw wisdom from different places. If you take it from only one place it become rigid and stale. ~Iroh
You can't make an omelette without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others. ~Tarquin
The skin stretched and tanned, the striped suit sown into the flesh itself, the killer donned a new body, giggling to no one, "Wears Waldo."
This is here for future reference.

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

:ymparty: :ymapplause: Alex!
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

yiraheerai wrote:Holy cow, 16k?! :-o ^:)^
TellusEidolon wrote:Congratulations, Don, you postwhore. :p
I kind of wonder if everyone really understood my post... :|
ImageImage

midgetshrimp
Modly Pirate Jesus

Post by midgetshrimp »

I understand. And am impressed. Because that's fucking impressive. :-bd
Exuberant High Captain Mod-siah of the Elder Council, Grand Official Bard.
Who needs sex when you have Menage a 3?

TellusEidolon
Just an Anomalous Phantasm
Location: Ducklair Tower, Downtown Duckburg, on the 151st floor.

Post by TellusEidolon »

Don Alexander wrote:I kind of wonder if everyone really understood my post... :|
Not sure what the reference or meaning behind the "Dr. rer. nat." is. :-??
Artificial does not mean obtuse! ~Uno from Paperinik's New Adventures.
It is important to draw wisdom from different places. If you take it from only one place it become rigid and stale. ~Iroh
You can't make an omelette without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others. ~Tarquin
The skin stretched and tanned, the striped suit sown into the flesh itself, the killer donned a new body, giggling to no one, "Wears Waldo."
This is here for future reference.

TheDude
Resident Redhead

Post by TheDude »

It's the German equivalent to a ph.d.
You earn it by writing a thesis which is usually the result of a few years of research. DA has successfully defended his thesis and been awarded the highest possible degree. In Germany he'll now be addressed as Dr. DA.
"Time spent in happy delusion is never wasted." Frazz by Jef Mallet

"We fear change." Garth Algar