Server Move progress

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Kisai

Server Move progress

Post by Kisai »

So sorry for leaving the forum down for so long. DNS was more troublesome than expected, and as a result the sites got schrodinger'd. Both dead and alive at the same time depending on your DNS server.

MA3 - New server
Pixietrix corehub site - New server, seven seas/zoom comics links have been removed.
Pixietrix forums - New server (note 2 day gap in time stamps)
Sandra On the Rocks - New server
Sticky Dilly Buns - New server
Dangerously Chloe - New server
Magick Chicks - New Server
Eerie Cuties - New Server

Cool Cat Studio - Still down

Zoom Comics/Seven Seas comics (Agent Luna, etc) are no longer available.

All the content from the old server IS on the new server, but due to issues with the old CMS, it's difficult to make it work with this version of php and the next version of PHP will render it inoperable. So metaphorically had to rip the bandaid off. MA3 is currently using the comiccontrol CMS from Hiveworks, but only the comic and keywords(tags) are functioning, all other pages are not setup and may not be setup for a while since this has to be done carefully.

Frostbite

Re: Server Move progress

Post by Frostbite »

Nice to see the site back up :D

And I guess now we know why Gabby was so spooked to find out Pru was an angel. Guilty conscience! =)) =)) =))
"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly! Its the honest ones you need to watch out for, since you never know when they'll do something incredibly stupid"

Goth Wolf

Post by Goth Wolf »

Can't Access Sandra on the Rocks, comes up as 403 Forbidden
One tequlia, two tequila, three tequila ,FLOOR!!

Kisai

Post by Kisai »

Goth Wolf wrote:Can't Access Sandra on the Rocks, comes up as 403 Forbidden
Like I said in the top post, It's offline because it's on the main server and was never proxied originally. MA3, Dangerously Chloe and Eerie Cuties were all setup to use proxies due to the system load they cause on updates. MA3 has been moved off Xarigami, and all the rest of them have to be moved off too. Due to a lot of moving parts, getting MA3 setup first is the hardest since it has a few extra pieces that were customized in Xarigami that had to be done in an alternative manner.

Giz's comics will be converted to use ComicControl. The ZoomComics (Seven Seas) may or may not, depending on what they want to do, but the existing setup was married to the central Xarigami installation, so moving it broke everything until the DNS stabilized and I could proxy things back to the old server. Normally I'd try to break as little as possible, but just changing the settings at the DNS registrar proved impossible, so new settings has to be created.

The goal right now is to get the sites off Xarigami so that they can be more optimally setup. So Sandra On the Rocks is currently set to refuse connections to everyone until it's setup.

Spacedoubt

Post by Spacedoubt »

Just an observation but maybe you should put a twitter link onto the core pixietrixcomix.com page. I know you guys are probably not looking for more work atm, but I thought I'd mention it here because of the last couple days interruption.

Giz
Site Admin

Post by Giz »

There's a twitter link at the very top but clearly no one sees it lol

Gredinus

Post by Gredinus »

Ohhh good for a moment I thought that the servers gor DDoSed #:-s

Jason Waltrip

Post by Jason Waltrip »

Since the servers are being worked on, it has been suggested I post the latest DC pages here in the forums until such time as the new site is ready.
Attachments
We start a new chapter with a surprise visit from a rarely seen character.
We start a new chapter with a surprise visit from a rarely seen character.
dc20170330.png (168.04 KiB) Viewed 25181 times

Spacedoubt

Post by Spacedoubt »

Giz wrote:There's a twitter link at the very top but clearly no one sees it lol
Um, Where? http://imgur.com/yui4ogC I could be retarded but I don't see it.

CaliforniaDave

Post by CaliforniaDave »

No sign of Tuesday's Ma3 yet...

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Spacedoubt wrote:
Giz wrote:There's a twitter link at the very top but clearly no one sees it lol
Um, Where? http://imgur.com/yui4ogC I could be retarded but I don't see it.

On the web site, up top in the black strip, right next to the "PixieTrix Comix" is the Twitter button and the Faceplant button.
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Spacedoubt

Post by Spacedoubt »

Azrael wrote:
On the web site, up top in the black strip, right next to the "PixieTrix Comix" is the Twitter button and the Faceplant button.
Interesting, I had to disable my adblocker to see either of them. My bad I guess.

TwoWayStar

Post by TwoWayStar »

They are verrryyy tiny and considering how large all the other blocks are..not the best layout if you WANT people to check out your twitter. i had to resort to googling.

In comic news, UHHHMMMMM SO DADDY DECARLO (im sorry) IS FINALLY SHOWING UP! Hmm...Will he see Teddi? Will a succubus attempt to eat him? Will Abby completely miss that everything needs to be kept a secret? Will he be proud (?) of his 'teenage son' awash in hot chicks? Willl he be angry at the state of his house? Will the resulting chaos be the exact moment that the Grim Reaper comes back and the resulting heart attack kills him?

Henry the Eighth

Post by Henry the Eighth »

I'm surprised social services haven't taken the de Carlo kids into care by now ... no parental presence and living with inappropriate adults ...

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

That Chloe strip's main thread is here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16984
Kisai wrote:So sorry for leaving the forum down for so long. DNS was more troublesome than expected, and as a result the sites got schrodinger'd. Both dead and alive at the same time depending on your DNS server.

MA3 - New server
Pixietrix corehub site - New server
Pixietrix forums - New server (note 2 day gap in time stamps)
Sandra On the Rocks - New server (offline)
Until such time as you're ready to put SotR back up "properly", I would *strongly* recommend pointing the domain (server-side, not in a DNS sense of course) to the thread with the latest strip: viewtopic.php?f=82&t=16987

It would mean that people wouldn't be presented with a "Forbidden" page, and might avoid the worst of the Google algorithm hit...
CaliforniaDave wrote:No sign of Tuesday's Ma3 yet...
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=16985

While M@3 is up, Giz can't upload new strips right now.