Pets: Friends & Masters

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

thaldin

Re: Pets: Friends & Masters

Post by thaldin »

I'll just leave these right here
Attachments
Boys and Me
Boys and Me
BearTonka2.png (227.47 KiB) Viewed 8933 times
Boys
Boys
BearTonka1.png (255.43 KiB) Viewed 8933 times

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

oh my goodness they've grown to be so handsome <3
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

Cuties!
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

thaldin

Post by thaldin »

Yes, I am still alive =) and they are over 5 years old now. And for comparison purposes.... I'm a little over 5'10"... just to give you an idea how big they are =)

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

its good to see you back and its good to see them. I remember them when they were pups <3
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Tenjen wrote:oh my goodness they've grown
FTFY :P
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

its a statement which refers to their appearancce in their fully matured state :p, not to exclusion of their other states of develop

*paw paw*
ImageImageImage

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Post by Dirty n Evil »

I look at them, and the first thing that popped into my head?

They're so fluffy! :D
Tied 1st Place of "What Would You Do To Win A Ma3 Contest" Contest (Aug '09) / Winner of Cutest Forumite Contest (Male Division) (Sept '09)
Winner of FRANKIES Awards Contest (Feb '10) Winner in Noms & Exemplary Divisions / Winner of 'The Contest For the Next Contest' Contest (Jul '10)
Winner of Wet T-Shirt Guys Division (Jul '10) / Winner of Lonely Hearts Contest (Feb '11)

thaldin

Post by thaldin »

That they are... fluffy... fluff everywhere... EVERYWHERE AS FAR AS THE EYE CAN SEE!

So much brushing... so much fur... so much dirt lol

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Post by Dirty n Evil »

Saskia has adopted a new behavior, and it's "AWWWW"-worth. She used to try and curl up with me in bed as a kitten, but unfortunately I roll around too much at night. I rolled onto her once, and she opted out of that sleeping location.

But lately, she's taken to sleeping in my bed while I'm away at work. Which I think is terribly cute, obviously. Only on Sunday night, she was already taking a bit of a nap at the foot of my bed when I went to turn in... and rather than disturb her, I gently crawled in and let her stay where she was while I went to sleep. Well, that's all it took apparently, and now every night as I go to sleep Saskia has decided that she's going to at least start the evening curled up at the foot of my bed.

That's not the funniest part of it. I've been having a bit of insomnia for the last two weeks, and so I've been heading to bed a bit later. Last night Saskia came out of my room to where I was resting on the couch and gave me her "I want something" yowl. Appreciating the pets I offered her, but not climbing up onto the couch to curl up with me... actually staying just barely in arm's reach. That's when I realized Saskia came to yowl at me to come to bed, because she wanted to fall asleep with me there.

I don't know what brought this on, but I think it's adorable. :D
Tied 1st Place of "What Would You Do To Win A Ma3 Contest" Contest (Aug '09) / Winner of Cutest Forumite Contest (Male Division) (Sept '09)
Winner of FRANKIES Awards Contest (Feb '10) Winner in Noms & Exemplary Divisions / Winner of 'The Contest For the Next Contest' Contest (Jul '10)
Winner of Wet T-Shirt Guys Division (Jul '10) / Winner of Lonely Hearts Contest (Feb '11)

Asaryu
Tentacoo Goddess

Post by Asaryu »

Awwww... that is so cute! <3

I think my cat might be a little more tolerant of sleep-kicking than Saskia. When we're on the couch, she will glare at us and scamper off if we disturb her. On the bed she will curl up anywhere she can. I have even had a restless night and woken up to Brett telling me off for using her as a foot-rest while I slept, but she was just sitting there, putting up with it so she could stay on the bed. I think she likes to be on the bed at night so that when I get up in the morning she can make sure I know she's hungry and wants her morning meal.

When we first got her, she'd sleep like a toddler between us, sometimes sleeping on my face, but we tempted her to the foot of the bed with a special blanket so now she sleeps at the foot of my side of the bed.
Tentacoo-Goddess of the Bubblibaff, Gazer of the Southern Heavens and Mistress of Morals. She/Them. Judging you.

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

That IS adorable, DnE!

Another pet sleep habits anecdote: I'm not sure if I shared with you guys but Tycho goes to bed when my mom does. She'll say she's going to bed and Tycho will get off the couch where he was lying and head straight for my room. We always call him back so he can say proper good nights to Mom... and then he heads back to my room and lays on the bed.

I usually go to bed a few hours after. It depends on his mood if he decides to join me in the living room or stay in my room and wait for me to get sleepy.
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

Nev

Post by Nev »

I love my little fluffersquishers, but man, cat poop really ranks up there with the worst things in the world.

TellusEidolon
Just an Anomalous Phantasm
Location: Ducklair Tower, Downtown Duckburg, on the 151st floor.

Post by TellusEidolon »

Yuuup. Totally agree with that.

Quote removed. The DAMNed
Artificial does not mean obtuse! ~Uno from Paperinik's New Adventures.
It is important to draw wisdom from different places. If you take it from only one place it become rigid and stale. ~Iroh
You can't make an omelette without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others. ~Tarquin
The skin stretched and tanned, the striped suit sown into the flesh itself, the killer donned a new body, giggling to no one, "Wears Waldo."
This is here for future reference.

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

You should have seen our back yard a few days ago. And that wasn't from one of those behemoth dogs. Just little Tycho.