Confessions

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

mikbuster

Re: Confessions

Post by mikbuster »

You just don't want all the women talking about how all men are jerks :p even if they are :p
(alright, fine, there's a lot of good guys out there, of which you're probably one, barring some unrevealed character flaw like serial murdering)
:ymhug:
You don't need a reason to help people. ~Zidane Tribal
Geez. Why are adults so pigheaded? ~Palom
How do you prove that we exist? Maybe we don't exist... ~Vivi Orunitia
The only dependable thing about the future is uncertainty. ~Amarant Coral
ADD is a double edged sword. Also the handle is a blade.

That one's easy: it's because it sounds disgusting. Society's got nothing to do with that. ~Gotoh

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

Don Alexander wrote:*Don dons his Terrible Teaser mask and preps his Teaser to Teaser the both of you*

Here I go, defending your rights, and not a word of thanks. :P

Actually, Don, thank you. The way things were going, I was going to scream.

Sometimes I just need to be reminded to say thank you since I sometimes forget
:(
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

my confession is that the only reason i am the way i am on the forum is because i want to get into all the female forumites pants!

*lynx kitten flee's as fast as his fore paws can drag him while wearing all the female forumites pants*
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

CyanideAngel
Cookie Angel

Post by CyanideAngel »

My confession is that it's getting me frustrated that everytime I have good news or anything positive to say I'm ignored. Only so many times you can try to be heard before you give up...
Amor vincit omnia Nil illegitimi carborundum Carpe Diem Carpe Noctem
winner of the 2009 cutest forumite contest (females)
Teach's Angel Kitty and assistant giver of hugs

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

I'm not always sure what to say. It isn't just good news out of you, but bad news out of anyone too that sometimes makes me wonder what Is should say. Sometimes I wonder if I'm broken somehow.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

Luckily it's still shorts weather here.

*hugs CA* I like hearing good news. I'm making my rounds around the GD forum. I'll make sure to leave a note.
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

what be the good news? was it something you posted here @w@?

Confessions: sometimes i do stupid shit i dont think through. like today i walked 3 or 4 km's in 50c degree high humidity weather in the sun to what i thought was a bank but was a banks operations center..like offices..not a branch.

Managed to get a car ride back, otherwise i would have collapsed.

Got a lot of sun in oman and got a tan. Probably got a bigger one from this venture. Hope it doesnt turn into a sun burn D:
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

I once had a sun burn so bad that the blisters were a good inch deep and as big as my hand. My mother had to cut them open to drain them with an exacto knife.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

yikes
ImageImageImage

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

Yeah, that wasn't too great. I tend to avoid the sun as much as possible now.

I also have to confess to having an abysmal time reading people's emotions. There was this girl who had a crush on me in High School and I never noticed. I hate chaos, but every time I try to order my life, everyone else has to derail my attempts to organize.

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

We all do stupid things, TenJen. *pats your shoulder* All of us.

I'm usually oblivious to people liking me. And most of the time, if they do, I wait for the other shoe to drop, like.. they can't take my issues or they didn't want to in the first place. Crush = lust instead, etc. Kind of ruined the one good relationship I had a bit, though we've both admitted fault on that. People say they love me and I'm like "Really? Then why don't I ever see you?" etc, etc.
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

mikbuster

Post by mikbuster »

It's hard to accept things like that. For a long time I'd flinch at every compliment, assuming it was phony somehow. I'm learning that I really do have those positive traits even though I still worry about them. And I've never had a relationship, so y'all are a step above me at least.
:ymhug:
You don't need a reason to help people. ~Zidane Tribal
Geez. Why are adults so pigheaded? ~Palom
How do you prove that we exist? Maybe we don't exist... ~Vivi Orunitia
The only dependable thing about the future is uncertainty. ~Amarant Coral
ADD is a double edged sword. Also the handle is a blade.

That one's easy: it's because it sounds disgusting. Society's got nothing to do with that. ~Gotoh

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

I haven't had a relationship either.

TellusEidolon
Just an Anomalous Phantasm
Location: Ducklair Tower, Downtown Duckburg, on the 151st floor.

Post by TellusEidolon »

I admit i like people. The catch is though i only like them from a distance. :I I find it quite fascinating to observe them and see what they do.It's one of the reasons i love role-playing games, and i can spend hours or days doing research for a character concept that catches my interest. It is really fun trying to get into the mindset of different characters.
Artificial does not mean obtuse! ~Uno from Paperinik's New Adventures.
It is important to draw wisdom from different places. If you take it from only one place it become rigid and stale. ~Iroh
You can't make an omelette without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others. ~Tarquin
The skin stretched and tanned, the striped suit sown into the flesh itself, the killer donned a new body, giggling to no one, "Wears Waldo."
This is here for future reference.

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

It's not so much that I hate people as I find it very difficult to deal with people's emotions. I think I'm starting to realize that I'm not failing as a person. I'm just very different. I've worried for some time now that I have aspergers and I really didn't want to hear that diagnosis, but I'm starting to hit the point where it wouldn't surprise me if I am and really should talk to my therapist about it. I'm practically a textbook case.