The Silver Screen

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Re: The Silver Screen

Post by Azrael »

Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

JTheCreator

Post by JTheCreator »

Saw Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2.

Don't go in expecting another adventure like last time. This one focuses more on character development and the origin of Quill.

Baby Groot is the cutest thing ever.

There are 3 secret endings so watch the credits till the end.
Behold, my current in development comic book series and the many links you could share for me!

Twitter Feed: https://twitter.com/DaemosChronicle

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

not movie related but

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/07/21/ ... -announced

Young Justice season 3 please?!
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Wot???

No Oscar nomination for James Franco in The Disaster Artist??? :-o :-o :-o

And not hair/makeup either???

ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

Seems I'm the only one posting in this thread now... :( (And even that at very irregular intervals)

So!

Avengers: Infinity War really, really did it!!!

Biggest box office opening in the US ever.

Biggest worldwide box office opening ever.

And that without China! :-o
ImageImage

Lokitsu

Post by Lokitsu »

And it was goddamn worth it!

DO NOT give in to spoilers! I saw IW having only seen the trailers and I am so happy I did. I plan on seeing it again soon in IMAX (I saw it in a non-3d theater with normal size screen.)
Bring a catheter, there is NO good time during the movie for a bathroom break. :ymsick:

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

Lokitsu wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:39 am
I saw it in a non-3d theater with normal size screen.
Me too, just now.

Hm, I still think The Avengers is better (and Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 1 is still my favorite).

But still, MASSIVE!!!! And brave. That ending...

Personally, I feel this should have been the last movie in the MCU. Simply stop right there. :P
ImageImage

Lokitsu

Post by Lokitsu »

You are the second person I know to suggest that, Don. If they did, you'd be able to hear the fans' screams 2 continents away.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

Incidentally, I found out that:

- The Venom movie is from Sony. It is not explicitely part of the MCU, but they are putting it into the world of Spiderman: Homecoming nonetheless. Calling it "adjunct" to the MCU.

- Both the upcoming Ant-Man & the Wasp as well as Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 movies take place BEFORE Infinity War. I'll... leave it at that.

- Seems Captain Marvel may at least partially take place after? Though no actual info (from my side).
ImageImage

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

in the end, Thanos discovered the power was within him all along and the path to the stones was actually through the bonds of love he had made along the way.
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

I almost agree with you, Don, but then Black Panther 2 probably wouldn't happen and the cast from that is the best thing about the MCU. That's coming from me with my obsession with Loki and Tony. Just..I want those girls to continue to be the golden people they are and there's the possibility for TWO MORE movies with them.

So I saw the movie! I liked it quite a bit, actually. I hadn't been spoiled but I still knew somewhat of how it was going to end if only because the villain obtaining full power is a direction most stories seem to take nowadays. Plus it was announced a long time ago that there's a part II sooooo. That still didn't stop me from not being prepared for it. I didn't know motives or what he planned to do and apparently knowing the ending didn't mean being affected by the EMOTIONS the characters had and stuff. :)) So yes, it still got the full effect from me.
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

So, your ovaries did not shrivel in the first ten minutes? :P
ImageImage

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

Nope. I was kind of surprised at how ok I was with it.