The Silver Screen

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Re: The Silver Screen

Post by Tenjen »

Aren't you a bit old to be watching MLP, and to be posting about it in the forum here?

<w<

>w>

*sneaks off hypocritically*
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

*tosses firecrackers after Lynx Kitteh*

Anyway, wanted to see four movies in Luxembourg today, slept too long, so Vaiana will have to wait for another day. Planning to see Sing, Assassin's Creed and Office Christmas Party.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

Count de Money wrote:Finally got to see Rogue One as a Christmas present to myself. Spoiler alert: EVERYONE DIES. Well, everyone except the characters who show up in A New Hope.

Movies I'm hyped to see in the new year: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Alien: Covenant (sort of), Blade Runner 2049, Star Wars Episode VIII and My Little Pony: The Movie (don't judge me).
Wait...there's a MLP movie coming to the big screen? Wow...I somehow missed that (says the woman with a shelf full of ponies). And I knew that about Rogue One :p
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Also, finally got to see Rogue One. *Ahem

Now hear this!

Now hear this!

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

That is all.

Well not quite all. Random thoughts: It does indeed end like Hamlet. Was Bitchin' to see Vader actually act like a bas ass, rather than a whining Momma's boy or seeming to spend most of his time pimp slapping Imperial officers. Interesting bit as to why Luke ended up as Red Five in there. A few interesting new ship types. Did that semi-creepy CGI young Leia thing. Although they are getting better at it as it wasn't anywhere near as bad as in Tron 2.
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

lots of people going "the darth vader pun was terrible, he isnt supposed to be making jokes"

BITCH EVERY SECOND LINE HE HAD IN ALL THE THREE OLD MOVIES WAS A DARK QUIP
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage

Retiarius

Rogue One

Post by Retiarius »

I saw it a week or two ago.

I could take it or leave it.

I enjoyed The Editing Room version more.
I think outside the tesseract.

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

HA! :))

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

The starting sequence had me jump out of my pants since i was expecting one thing and instead there was a loud sound.

that editing room version talking about the lack of guard rails XD
ImageImageImage

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Relevant to everyone's interests.

*prepares the mop to wipe up yira's ovarysplode at return of Hiddles*
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Nice to see Skurge the Executioner getting some play. \M/

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

ImageImage

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

Don Alexander wrote:Relevant to everyone's interests.

*prepares the mop to wipe up yira's ovarysplode at return of Hiddles*
There was a small stir but it's gonna have to take more than a knife flip and a determined face. Still. Impressive trailer. And there wasn't much dialogue!
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

Holy fuckton of shit!!!! o_O

The Fate of the Furious had a decent but not really spectacular opening in the US, just barely topping 100 million $.

But internationally, it went NUCLEAR, earning 432 million $ since Wednesday, including a staggering 190 million $ from China alone!!!! This is a massive 37% increase compared to the former record-holder, Jurassic World (316 million $)!!!!

In sum, with 532 million $, it actually beat the worldwide record opening set by Star Wars VII by 3 million $!!!!

I have yet to find an explanation for the titanic success in China... :|
ImageImage

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

There was a car show at the drive-in here for the premiere of it. People got to show off their cars and then watch a movie about cars :P From the drive-in's FB page, it looks like it was a big success too. That's amazing though. I wonder what caused the uptick in sales.
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

Trailer

It's the Deadpool + Nick Fury team up no one asked for and yet somehow still got.