The Silver Screen

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Re: The Silver Screen

Post by Don Alexander »

So, seems Daniel Craig is really, really, REALLY not going to be Bond anymore.

And it also seems that Hiddles will be the new Bond.

THAT SOUND YOU HEAR IS A MILLION OVARIES EXPLODING. Sorry, yira. No ovaries for you.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

It's ok. I didn't need them anyway.

The only thing that would make me watch a Bond movie.
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

mikbuster

Post by mikbuster »

The only thing ... would be if they did an all dog version?
You don't need a reason to help people. ~Zidane Tribal
Geez. Why are adults so pigheaded? ~Palom
How do you prove that we exist? Maybe we don't exist... ~Vivi Orunitia
The only dependable thing about the future is uncertainty. ~Amarant Coral
ADD is a double edged sword. Also the handle is a blade.

That one's easy: it's because it sounds disgusting. Society's got nothing to do with that. ~Gotoh

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

I don't even know if that would do it.
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Not sure I can see Hiddleston as Bond. :|
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

#HiddlesNotBond

#IdrisElbaIsBondYouRacistFucks

:P
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

Saw X-Men: Apocalypse Sunday evening (before driving home 500 km through the night...).

I'm quite puzzled why the movie has so many detractors. I LOVED it!!! :D Possibly best X-Men movie so far, though I admit it's been a long time since I saw X2. Really need to get the Cerebro Collection.

Absolutely loved how they use Metallica's The Four Horsemen. Was even chronologically correct.

Also, Jubilee's line after the kids watched Return of the Jedi was almost Deadpool level fourth-wall-breaking snarkery. =))
ImageImage

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

Went so see Alice through the Looking Glass last night.

This must be one of my "most unspoiled" movies ever, since for some reason I never saw a trailer attached to any other of the really many movies I've seen these last months.

So I was in for a total surprise. I admit I did not like the first one that much. This one here started off rather weird, especially since I do not remember a lot from the first movie. (I assume this one plays roughly half a decade after the first one, mirroring the time between the two movie releases and the aging of the actors.)

Anyway, it seemed to get worse and worse - for some reason, I really don't like the Mad Hatter.

But then Borat came along and saved it all!! :D My God, Sacha Baron Cohen as Time - so fantastic!!!! ^:)^ I really thought he was on the level of Alan Rickman as Severus Snape. Speaking of Rickman, this might be the last movie he is in, though only with a speaking role. =(( (Looked at IMDB - confirmed, it is his last appearance.)

The whole timey-wimey main plot was loads of fun. Great SFX and some wonderful use of 3D, very immersive.
ImageImage

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

I've been busy fighting with the theater over accommodations so I haven't seen.. anything. I mean, I normally don't because of all the hassle I have to go through with it. Being deaf in theaters ain't worth the energy, it really isn't. So Alice and The Jungle Book and a few more that have been out? Eh. You should know which movie I've been TRYING to see three different times and failed each time. I FINALLY got a call (which.. is another thing I'm not going to get into on here) saying it should be fixed. So Sunday!! Luckily it's still playing. I checked. I have a "rain check" pass so it should be free. But yes. SOON.

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

Saw it.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

*sits on Yira*

Yay! can speak openly about it.

Did you watch the stinger?
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

That bad? :-?
ImageImage

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

It was fine until the end. I am naive and too hopeful, so I was hoping it'd end on better footing but NO. I did stay for the last part after the credits. I can't believe he was willing to do that!

TellusEidolon
Just an Anomalous Phantasm
Location: Ducklair Tower, Downtown Duckburg, on the 151st floor.

Post by TellusEidolon »

I think imgur just spoiled Civil War for me in regards to the captain America ending. :/ :(
http://imgur.com/gallery/gL1Jy
Artificial does not mean obtuse! ~Uno from Paperinik's New Adventures.
It is important to draw wisdom from different places. If you take it from only one place it become rigid and stale. ~Iroh
You can't make an omelette without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others. ~Tarquin
The skin stretched and tanned, the striped suit sown into the flesh itself, the killer donned a new body, giggling to no one, "Wears Waldo."
This is here for future reference.

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

Nope. It's comic related.