Bards Corner.

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Re: Bards Corner.

Post by yiraheerai »

That was a generalization on my part. When most people draw or write furry, it's either cat or fox or something like it.
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

Radbaron
Forum FlyBoy
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada, North America, Erp, Sol System, Saggitarius Arm, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by Radbaron »

To add to what the person said in your writing...

"as she nibbled on the end of her ear..." gives the impression of long ears, making her either a rabbit.... or a donkey :)
Red Corsair of Questionable European Nobility.
And I need an avatar. <fixed>
668 , Neighbour of the Beast

Kamino Neko
Screaming Nekomimi

Post by Kamino Neko »

Hah...it'd also imply she was a lop. :p
I swear I will, I'll make you smile.

Original fiction by Neko: Heroes of Angel City (now in convenient (and edited) ebook form!). Kuchisake.

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

Not if she tugged it down.
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

Kamino Neko
Screaming Nekomimi

Post by Kamino Neko »

That's actually what I ended up doing, though I had a more consistent with her character reason to do so. I'm going to upload a revised paragraph in a few moments. (Figure y'all should see the current state of the matter...still kind of adjusting it, though.)

Edit - and here it is.

Original fiction by Neko: Heroes of Angel City (now in convenient (and edited) ebook form!). Kuchisake.

Kamino Neko
Screaming Nekomimi

Post by Kamino Neko »

Goddess, I am complete fail at meeting deadlines when I only impose them upon myself. ~X(

Since it's been almost 2 weeks since the last time I posted anything, I decided to break the first Guardians Gaiden story at the first convenient break point just so I could post what I've got so far. I'm not happy with breaking it there (there's a whole raft of description - which was a lot of why it was taking so long - only a little bit of character interaction, and only the very introduction of the plot), but...meh. I said I'd post as regularly as possible, so, dammit, SOMETHING was going to get posted. (I also failed to come up with a music-themed title for it, 'cuz I couldn't come up with one. #-o )

Some guy

Post by Some guy »

I mentioned this on the jabber thread (I hadn't noticed this one) but I could really use an idea for a creative writing piece. If I do ok on it, I'll could post it here if you want.

edit@ kamino: HOW DO YOU WRITE SO AWESOME?!
I know things. It's the only thing I know how to do.

You should fear me. Why do you not fear me?

Retiarius

Post by Retiarius »

Some guy wrote:I mentioned this on the jabber thread (I hadn't noticed this one) but I could really use an idea for a creative writing piece. If I do ok on it, I'll could post it here if you want.
That's too vague. What sort of creative writing? Is there a word length limit? Do you want to write in a particular genre? Fiction or nonfiction? Science fiction, fantasy, mystery, horror or something else?
I think outside the tesseract.

Some guy

Post by Some guy »

Nevermind. I got this. Expect a depressing story to be posted soon.

Kamino Neko
Screaming Nekomimi

Post by Kamino Neko »

Some guy wrote:edit@ kamino: HOW DO YOU WRITE SO AWESOME?!
The part of me that enjoys praise thanks you.

The part that can't stand anything I write soon after I actually set it down wonders what you're smoking. >_>

I'm going to go with that first part's reaction. >_>

Kamino Neko
Screaming Nekomimi

Post by Kamino Neko »

Man, deviantArt confuses me sometimes...

Just posted another Guardians update, and...boom...2 faves, way too fast to have possibly been read.

This has happened to me before (as I mentioned when it happened), so I'm left having to assume there's some reason behind people randomly favouriting random deviations, but goddess help me if'n I can figure out what it is...

And it's kind of annoying, because it makes the whole favouriting system kind of useless for gauging...anything.

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

It could be that they like your stuff so well they automatically favour any thng you post. :-??
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Kamino Neko
Screaming Nekomimi

Post by Kamino Neko »

I wish I could believe that was it. >_>

But this is the first time either of them has faved anything of mine - and it's the second part of a 3 part story, so faving it, but not the setup would just be weird.

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Ah. Well, then I got nothin'. :(
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Some guy

Post by Some guy »

It's kind of short and crappy, but...

Uncle Steve

If there is one thing that truly unites humanity as a species, it is loss. Everyone loses something, whether it is a family member, a job, or even a favourite toy.

No animal really experiences loss. Not the way we do. Loss for humans is often life changing.. Sometimes, you lose something as you gain it. This kind of loss is often the most emotional of all.
“I’m an uncle now,” I realize as I step out of the hospital in my threadbare jacket and ragged pants. I have a nephew. I might have stayed a little longer then I should have, but they promised to keep my bed open for me at the shelter. It’s pretty cold. I’d hate to be stuck outside in this weather.

I begin to rub my hands together to keep them warm. I wish I could have gotten a pair of gloves. They always go first when winter comes. It is a fairly long walk from the hospital and the shelter. I can make it. I’m not concentrating on walking, and end up stepping into the gutter. I’ve reached the end of the street.

The lack of snow this year is remarkable. It has been at most 15 below for a month and yet there isn’t so much as a snowflake on the ground. Why, when I was a boy the snow was waist deep every winter. Now the ground is bare and hard. No clean blanket fell from the sky to cover up the concrete this year. You can see every vomit stain, blood stain, and don’t-even-ask stain on the pavement. It’s disgusting.

There’s a group of teenagers coming this way on the other sidewalk. I hope they don’t throw anything at me. I start walking a little faster and turn the corner to avoid them.

It seems to have gotten colder. I didn’t think that was possible. My toes are probably going to get frostbitten again. I cough hard and spit something onto the pavement before turning another corner.

I think I’m lost. I can’t recognize these streets at all. I must have taken a few wrong turns. I need to get back to the shelter. It’s too cold for me to have been out this long. Maybe if I turn right… or maybe it’s left? I can’t tell... Why am I in an alley? I shouldn’t be in an alley… I need to figure this out. I’m going to sit down. I think best sitting down. Let’s see… I saw my nephew at the hospital… I turned here… or was it here? How did I end up lying down? I can’t remember lying down… I’m so tired. I need to sleep. Sleep is good. I’m going to sleep.