Quote-tastic!

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Re: Quote-tastic!

Post by yiraheerai »

Ha! I live in New Mexico though. You were close. :P I haven't been to Arizona enough to know how right that is. Hell, I haven't been to a lot of places in New Mexico to really know half the stuff I'm reading in NM History.
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

"No practical definition of freedom would be complete without the freedom to take the consequences. Indeed, it is the freedom upon which all the others are based." - T. Pratchett Going Postal.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

"With books, flowers, freedom, and the moon, who could not be happy?" - Oscar Wilde, De Profundis.

MuchachoNL
Menace to Society

Post by MuchachoNL »

"I don't think I could ever complete anyone.
But driving someone insane sounds doable."

- Random pic I found and uploaded to my FB wall.
Freudian Slip: When you say one thing, but mean your mother... err... another.

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

"If you think you can't do it, you are right. And if you think you can do it, you are also right."
-My brother in law.
P.S. Actually, he was quoting Henry Ford.
Last edited by BlairFan on Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

"Nobody is more tyrannical than a slave." - Oscar Wilde

GothPoet
Non-Entity

Post by GothPoet »

"Watching someone watching something on a YouTube video sounds like a sign that humanity has officially jumped the shark." - Danny Gallagher, CNET
“It’s not an adventure if you don’t lose your shorts” - Hunter Gruntman (Klaus Besser)

No! That would be absurd! My whims are titanic in scope!

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Post by Dirty n Evil »

“Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.”
- G. K. Chesterton
Tied 1st Place of "What Would You Do To Win A Ma3 Contest" Contest (Aug '09) / Winner of Cutest Forumite Contest (Male Division) (Sept '09)
Winner of FRANKIES Awards Contest (Feb '10) Winner in Noms & Exemplary Divisions / Winner of 'The Contest For the Next Contest' Contest (Jul '10)
Winner of Wet T-Shirt Guys Division (Jul '10) / Winner of Lonely Hearts Contest (Feb '11)

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

"The surest sign of fiction is the happy ending." - Oscar Wilde.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

The Doctor: "Good men don't need rules. Today is not the day to find out why I have so many."
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

"I know fresh torments that are presently inconceivable to you but which you will look back upon with nostalgia, as a time before your agony really began."

- Lord Arioch, Duke of Hell, to the traitorous Prince Gaynor the Damned, from The Revenge of the Rose by Michael Moorcok.

:ymdevil:
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy." ~ Winston Churchill in his address to Harrow, 29OCT41
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

"Too True To Be Good" - one of Bernard Shaw's many plays.
(I don't know if that play is any darn good, but I love its title. ;)

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

"Every emotion must be paid for, even the most noble and self-sacrificing." - Oscar Wilde, from De Profundis.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Sent to me by my mom:

If God wanted us to vote, he would have given us candidates. ~Jay Leno~

The problem with political jokes is they get elected. ~Henry Cate, VII

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~Aesop~

If we got one-tenth of what was promised to us in these State of the Union speeches, there wouldn't be any inducement to go to heaven. ~Will Rogers~

Politicians are the same all over. They promise to build a bridge even where there is no river. ~Nikita Khrushchev~

When I was a boy I was told that anybody could become President; I'm beginning to believe it. ~Clarence Darrow~

Politicians are people who, when they see light at the end of the tunnel, go out and buy some more tunnel. ~John Quinton~

Why pay money to have your family tree traced; go into politics and your opponents will do it for you. ~Author unknown~

Politics is the gentle art of getting votes from the poor and campaign funds from the rich, by promising to protect each from the other. ~Oscar Ameringer~

I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them. ~Adlai Stevenson, 1952~

A politician is a fellow who will lay down your life for his country. ~ Texas Guinan~

I have come to the conclusion that politics is too serious a matter to be left to the politicians. ~Charles de Gaulle~

Instead of giving a politician the keys to the city, it might be better to change the locks. ~Doug Larson~

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen. ~Will Rogers
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)