Quote-tastic!

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Re: Quote-tastic!

Post by Tenjen »

"Thor: You wish to end a life, villain? Then try ours! "

"Wasp: Yeah! Wait... what?!"
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

"I have seen the recent Star Wars movie: "Into the Darkness"."

A young astronomer who shall mercifully remain unnamed.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

mikbuster

Post by mikbuster »

no need to be shy Don, you can just say if it was you :p
You don't need a reason to help people. ~Zidane Tribal
Geez. Why are adults so pigheaded? ~Palom
How do you prove that we exist? Maybe we don't exist... ~Vivi Orunitia
The only dependable thing about the future is uncertainty. ~Amarant Coral
ADD is a double edged sword. Also the handle is a blade.

That one's easy: it's because it sounds disgusting. Society's got nothing to do with that. ~Gotoh

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

It was not me... 8-|
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

"Learning to love oneself is the beginning of a life-long romance." - Oscar Wilde

MuchachoNL
Menace to Society

Post by MuchachoNL »

'Life is not about arriving at your grave safely and in a well preserved body.
It's about skidding in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy Shit! What a ride!" ' - Hunter S Thompson

(tattood on my forearms)
Freudian Slip: When you say one thing, but mean your mother... err... another.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

- The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending; and to have the two as close together as possible- George Burns

- Santa Claus has the right idea. Visit people only once a year.- Victor Borge

- Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.- Mark Twain

- By all means, marry. If you get a good wife, you'll become happy; if you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher.- Socrates

- I was married by a judge. I should have asked for a jury.- Groucho Marx

- I have never hated a man enough to give his diamonds back.- Zsa Zsa Gabor

- Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.- Alex Levine

- My luck is so bad that if I bought a cemetery, people would stop dying.- Rodney Dangerfield

- Money can't buy you happiness .... But it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery.- Spike Milligan

- Until I was thirteen, I thought my name was SHUT UP.- Joe Namath

- I don't feel old. I don't feel anything until noon. Then, it's time for my nap.- Bob Hope

- I never drink water because of the disgusting things that fish do in it.- W. C. Fields

- We could certainly slow the aging process down if it had to work its way through Congress.- Will Rogers

- Don't worry about avoiding temptation. As you grow older, it will avoid you.- Winston Churchill

- Maybe it's true that life begins at fifty. But everything else starts to wear out, fall out, or spread out.- Phyllis Diller

- By the time a man is wise enough to watch his step, he's too old to go anywhere.- Billy Crystal

- And finally, the cardiologist's diet is this. If it tastes good, spit it out.
ImageImage

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

Don, " If it tastes good, spit it out." That's what my grandmother used to say.
"If I do it once, I'm a philosopher. If I do it twice, I'm a pervert." - Voltaire (After some of his friends invited him to an orgy.)
;)

GothPoet
Non-Entity

Post by GothPoet »

"If we had twelve fingers, there’d be no middle finger to flip at people with whom you’ve run out of words to communicate." -
Neil deGrasse Tyson
“It’s not an adventure if you don’t lose your shorts” - Hunter Gruntman (Klaus Besser)

No! That would be absurd! My whims are titanic in scope!

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

"Hate blinds people. Love can read the writing on the remotest star." - Oscar Wilde, De Profundis.
Happy New Year to everyone. :)

Sahrimnir

Post by Sahrimnir »

From the Harry Potter-fanfic "Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality" by Eliezer Yudkowsky.

"There is no justice in the laws of Nature, Headmaster, no term for fairness in the equations of motion. The universe is neither evil, nor good, it simply does not care. The stars don't care, or the Sun, or the sky. But they don't have to! We care! There is light in the world, and it is us!"

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

"All right," said Susan, "I'm not stupid. You're saying humans need ... fantasies to make life bearable."
No. Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meet the rising ape.
"Tooth fairies? Hogfathers?"
Yes. As practice. You have to start out learning to believe the little lies.
"So we can believe the big ones?"
Yes. Justice. Duty. Mercy. That sort of thing.
"They're not the same at all!"
Really? Then take the universe and grind it down to the finest powder and sieve it through the finest sieve and then show me one atom of justice, one molecule of mercy. And yet you act, like there was some sort of rightness in the universe by which it may be judged:
"Yes. But people have got to believe that or what's the point?"
My point exactly.

Conversation between Death and Susan in Hogfather.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Retiarius

Post by Retiarius »

Yes, I recognized it, but it's not properly quoted unless DEATH'S LINES ARE IN SMALL CAPS. :P

Here's one of my favorite Terry Pratchett quotes:
The merest accident of microgeography had meant that the first man to hear the voice of Om, and who gave Om his view of humans, was a shepherd and not a goatherd. They have quite different ways of looking at the world, and the whole of history might have been different. For sheep are stupid, and have to be driven. But goats are intelligent, and need to be led.

—Terry Pratchett, Small Gods
I think outside the tesseract.

GothPoet
Non-Entity

Post by GothPoet »

"Before you speak to me about your religion, first show it to me in how you treat other people; before you tell me how much you love your God, show me in how much you love all His children; before you preach to me of your passion for your faith, teach me about it through your compassion for your neighbors. In the end, I'm not as interested in what you have to tell or sell as in how you choose to live and give." -Senator Cory Booker (New Jersey-D)
“It’s not an adventure if you don’t lose your shorts” - Hunter Gruntman (Klaus Besser)

No! That would be absurd! My whims are titanic in scope!

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

Oh that's a good one. *Facebooks*
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins