Quote-tastic!

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Adamas

Re: Quote-tastic!

Post by Adamas »

It actually took me a second to catch. I blame not having enough coffee. Than I was glad I didn't have my coffee yet.
Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.
And to keep for future reference: Image

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

His kidney, liver, appendix, are all colour co-ordinated. And even weirder, his stomach wall appears to be decorated. - Chief Medical Officer, JMC Mining Vessel Red Dwarf.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

mikbuster

Post by mikbuster »

I noticed one of the Chrono Trigger endings has this: "Legendary programmer, 29, seeks special someone. Not quite Hero material, but still the stuff of legend. Waiting for those cards and letters."
Almost fits, except I'm a bit younger ;)
You don't need a reason to help people. ~Zidane Tribal
Geez. Why are adults so pigheaded? ~Palom
How do you prove that we exist? Maybe we don't exist... ~Vivi Orunitia
The only dependable thing about the future is uncertainty. ~Amarant Coral
ADD is a double edged sword. Also the handle is a blade.

That one's easy: it's because it sounds disgusting. Society's got nothing to do with that. ~Gotoh

TellusEidolon
Just an Anomalous Phantasm
Location: Ducklair Tower, Downtown Duckburg, on the 151st floor.

Post by TellusEidolon »

"It's Christmas... peeps gonna be in and out like this chat's a hooker"- From Skype group chat. :))
Artificial does not mean obtuse! ~Uno from Paperinik's New Adventures.
It is important to draw wisdom from different places. If you take it from only one place it become rigid and stale. ~Iroh
You can't make an omelette without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others. ~Tarquin
The skin stretched and tanned, the striped suit sown into the flesh itself, the killer donned a new body, giggling to no one, "Wears Waldo."
This is here for future reference.

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

"Being a lesbian. All the advantages of being a man but with less embarrassing genitals." - Jeff Murdoch (character) [S. Moffat, writer], Coupling.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

TellusEidolon

Post by TellusEidolon »

"Disrupt my Arcanaeum, and I will have you torn apart by angry Atronachs." ~Urag gro-Shub, Librarian of the College of Winterhold.
It is important to draw wisdom from different places. If you take it from only one place it become rigid and stale. ~Iroh
You can't make an omelette without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others. ~Tarquin
The skin stretched and tanned, the striped suit sown into the flesh itself, the killer donned a new body, giggling to no one, "Wears Waldo."

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

So we were having a debate over Obamacare because someone made a Facebook group protesting it. No matter what you think of the bill (join the protest if you want, makes no matter to me), I rocked this.

Guy: He doesn't have that kind of power!!! Either implement the law the way it was written, or scrap it and start all over. That's why numerous states are nullyfing this nightmare, and that's why he's facing endless lawsuits by state attorney generals. Only congress wields that kind of power...not king Obunghole!!!

Me: Only the great Cornholio has power over the Bunghole.

Got the guy to actually like that comment and admit it was funny. Defused the entire situation into a pleasant "Agree to disagree- on this subject, at least. Have a good night."

I WIN AT PEACE \o/

And 90s nostalgia.
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

TellusEidolon

Post by TellusEidolon »

Your body is made of the same elements that lionesses are built from. Three quarters of you is the same kind of water that beats rocks to rubble, wears stones away. Your DNA translates into the same twenty amino acids that wolf genes code for. When you look in the mirror and feel weak, remember, the air you breathe in fuels forest fires capable of destroying everything they touch. On the days you feel ugly, remember: diamonds are only carbon. You are so much more.

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

"If you think peace is a common goal,
That just goes to show,
How little you know." - Morrissey.

GothPoet
Non-Entity

Post by GothPoet »

"Why are we all here? Because someone had sex." - Peter Dinklage
“It’s not an adventure if you don’t lose your shorts” - Hunter Gruntman (Klaus Besser)

No! That would be absurd! My whims are titanic in scope!

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

Originally posted very very early yesterday morning
Last night I was running the register and someone was letting off illegal fireworks not too far from the mall. I said out loud, "Oh, looks like the rockets are red glare and the bombs are bursting in air."
Customer: *In a very snooty and uptight voice* "Uh, you might not want to joke about that."
Me: "Ma'am, tomorrow is the 4th. That's kinda our song. If you can take that out of context, the terrorists have pretty much won."
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

: |
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

Yeah, I don't know what to think of it. It just made me stop for a moment.

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

and people wonder why I dislike most of humanity.
Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.
And to keep for future reference: Image

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

"A genius is anyone who takes a dull, ordinary idea, inverts it, and creates an interesting, extraordinary idea." - BlairFan
;)