Isn't the weather just lovely?

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Re: Isn't the weather just lovely?

Post by Artemisia »

Don Alexander wrote:So, Arti, how's the weather? :P
Rutland didn't get a lot of snow out of the last storm. It's just cold. So cold last night my cat curled up under my Dr. Whooves blanket with me. We've got more snow heading our way today.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Radbaron
Forum FlyBoy
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada, North America, Erp, Sol System, Saggitarius Arm, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by Radbaron »

So...one last storm. Until the next one.

So far, 20 cms of snow, howling winds, freezing rain. Another 20-30 cms tonight.

Live from 500 yards away

http://novascotia.ca/tran/cameras/camer ... h%20Sydney
Red Corsair of Questionable European Nobility.
And I need an avatar. <fixed>
668 , Neighbour of the Beast

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Breezy today... ;))

Storm "Niklas" is drop-kicking Germany right now, and for the first time since "monster storm" Kyrill in 2007, all of Germany is labeled "red" (strong storm warning) at http://www.unwetterzentrale.de (the extreme weather warning page for Germany, with links to much of the rest of Europe), with some parts in the mountains and the coast even labeled violet (extreme storm warning).

Gusts beyond 130 km/h have already been measured in the lowlands, with 165 km/h at max (so far) on Germany's highest mountain, the Zugspitze. In the western state of Northrhine-Westphalia, the complete train traffic has been stopped. A lot of tracks are blocked by toppled trees. Multiple Autobahns are also blocked because of overturned trucks.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Radbaron
Forum FlyBoy
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada, North America, Erp, Sol System, Saggitarius Arm, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by Radbaron »

See my last post above? Deja vu, all over again! Another 20 cms today.
Red Corsair of Questionable European Nobility.
And I need an avatar. <fixed>
668 , Neighbour of the Beast

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

I think it's more of a weather thing than a news thing. Antarctica reached record highs of 63.5 F/17.5 C. It's hard to see why climate deniers can keep denying when you have stuff like this going on.
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

But Radbaron got another 8 inches of snow! :P
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Clearly a love gift from Antarctica. :p
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

*thread necromancy* TORNADER WATCH

A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

mikbuster

Post by mikbuster »

You're not supposed to get tornadoes down there... Stupid climate change...
You don't need a reason to help people. ~Zidane Tribal
Geez. Why are adults so pigheaded? ~Palom
How do you prove that we exist? Maybe we don't exist... ~Vivi Orunitia
The only dependable thing about the future is uncertainty. ~Amarant Coral
ADD is a double edged sword. Also the handle is a blade.

That one's easy: it's because it sounds disgusting. Society's got nothing to do with that. ~Gotoh

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

We get 'em. It's rare but we get 'em.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

We recently had two in Germany...
ImageImage

Retiarius

Post by Retiarius »

Tornadoes in Germany?
I think outside the tesseract.

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

We've had a couple small ones here in Washington State in recent years.
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

Well, nothing happened here. It looked like it was going to at least rain but the clouds scampered off to the of us. So nothing. Sunshine-y and 86 F/30 C for the temp.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Re: Jabber!

Post by Tenjen »

50 C with 100% humidity.
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?