Isn't the weather just lovely?

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Iceman
Location: I come from the land of the ice and snow, from the midnight sun where the hot springs blow.

Re: Isn't the weather just lovely?

Post by Iceman »

The temperature is flirting with double-digits here. They're not that frequent in the city. I guess they'll have to wait for tomorrow, though, as the sun will soon be rising (it's 11:05). Precipitation is none now, but the snow outside can be knee-deep, as I experienced when I went out to feed the birds. (In my case, that's about 60-70 cm.)
The iceman cometh

Fen
Chaotic Neutral

Post by Fen »

Sun and 7 degrees...

It's going to rain in a few days.

WTF.
One day I'm gonna lose the war.

loki

Post by loki »

According to my Galaxy S2, the weather in Albany Creek lately has ranged between either Partly Cloudy or Partly Sunny.

Wat.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Pretty much the rest of this entire week here in western Germany is supposed to be rain, rain, rain, a few moments of total cloud cover without rain, and then some more rain.

I echo Fen's WTF.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Fen
Chaotic Neutral

Post by Fen »

Goddamn global warming =(.

Iceman
Location: I come from the land of the ice and snow, from the midnight sun where the hot springs blow.

Post by Iceman »

I don't feel the warming here... having had the coldest year of my life. (I'm not saying it isn't real, though, just that it hasn't been manifesting here during the past year.)
The iceman cometh

Searcher
Skipper of the S.S.Shipper

Post by Searcher »

Holy Gooy Brown Smelly Excretion ... it is 42 degrees F here in Orlando FL. 42 degrees! :(( They are forcasting for tonight a low of 30 degree
"Vegetarian: an old Iroquois word for Bad Hunter." Stolen from Azrael
“My books are like water, those of the great geniuses are wine. (Fortunately) everybody drinks water.” ~Samuel Langhorne Clemens
Robin Williams, a man who used his natural talents to make people smile, to laugh, to spread joy, to let everyone else feel alive; so no one else ever had to suffer as much as he has.

Radbaron
Forum FlyBoy
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada, North America, Erp, Sol System, Saggitarius Arm, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by Radbaron »

Yesterday's temperature here in Sydney (Nova Scotia, not the hot one) was 10 degrees, Celsius. 52 freaking F for my southern cousins. Which is 10 degrees C warmer than normal daytime highs.
Red Corsair of Questionable European Nobility.
And I need an avatar. <fixed>
668 , Neighbour of the Beast

Iceman

Post by Iceman »

Searcher wrote:Holy Gooy Brown Smelly Excretion ... it is 42 degrees F here in Orlando FL. 42 degrees! :(( They are forcasting for tonight a low of 30 degree
Wait... that's the bit too hot one or the bit too cold one?
The iceman cometh

Searcher
Skipper of the S.S.Shipper

Post by Searcher »

So sad when you have to go to Canada to get warm weather :p

And at 0 degrees C it is no longer gooy but a freaking solid block :((

HAd to wear shoes and two layers of clothing just to go out and smoke, work is going to be so much fun tonight
"Vegetarian: an old Iroquois word for Bad Hunter." Stolen from Azrael
“My books are like water, those of the great geniuses are wine. (Fortunately) everybody drinks water.” ~Samuel Langhorne Clemens
Robin Williams, a man who used his natural talents to make people smile, to laugh, to spread joy, to let everyone else feel alive; so no one else ever had to suffer as much as he has.

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

66°F/19°C at 4:36 pm on January 3. Extremely sunny, perfect outdoor weather. n_________n
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

loki

Post by loki »

40 degrees centigrade in the outdoor shade at my place.

w00t. Time to go visit the nice air-conditioned stores. :)

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Oh, absolutely lovely. :P

We just had a hail storm (small, not dangerous) including some lightning/thunder!!! :-o
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Fen
Chaotic Neutral

Post by Fen »

I think I'm an idiot. For the past two months I've been going out in my winter jacket. I keep sweating, since I'm horrible with heat. And yet I never have the decency to revert to autumn jackets because...well...maybe if I keep wearing the appropriate clothes the weather will get fixed.

Iceman

Post by Iceman »

Yep, it's a blizzard. Aside from light-posts, the visibility is approximately 150m.

Hoo-hah.
The iceman cometh