Isn't the weather just lovely?

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Re: Isn't the weather just lovely?

Post by yiraheerai »

22 mph winds but it's SUNNY! Not a single cloud in the sky. The wind's cold but oh man, sun. I've been yearning for it since it snowed last week or something like that. I can't remember when, I just remember there was a lot of cloud cover. *rolls around in glee* Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun!
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Just to mess with yira's head... :P

After three weeks of almost perpetual clear skies (can't really say "sun" since I rarely saw it), I come to Paris CdG, get out of the plane... It's overcast, 10° C, and the air is so moist you almost drown. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOME!!! Oh, how I missed it. :P

Frankfurt was then another 5° colder, and rain. Perfectly shitty German Christmas weather. :D
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

Snooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Mom's asking why I haven't gone to play in it yet. Thought about it, but it's too cold. Even the dog's not wanting to go out. 27°F/-2°C and it's snooowwinnnng.
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

Radbaron
Forum FlyBoy
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada, North America, Erp, Sol System, Saggitarius Arm, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by Radbaron »

Well, the weatherman did his usual excellent job, but forgot to let Mother Nature know the forecast. He called for +2 and light rain showers all day. Too bad he forgot that was a - sign on the sheet. We have 10 cms of snow falling, and we might get a White Christmas after all!
Red Corsair of Questionable European Nobility.
And I need an avatar. <fixed>
668 , Neighbour of the Beast

Iceman
Location: I come from the land of the ice and snow, from the midnight sun where the hot springs blow.

Post by Iceman »

My place is none for little Yiras now, for we are having what I believe you'd call a "blizzard".

Love it: :-bd

Edit at half past one:
My best guess at snow thickness estimates at 12cm.
The iceman cometh

MerchManDan
Nerd-At-Large (Mostly Harmless)

Post by MerchManDan »

So, today it got as high as +4 (yes, plus four) Celcius; for this date in Winnipeg, this is highly unusual. The sun was out, as well, which only fed the illusion of spring.
Fortunately*, things went back to normal when huge flakes of snow started falling around 4 PM, finally stopping after a couple of hours. It is now -16 C and the sky is crystal-clear; streets and sidewalks now have a film of ice that will be there until April. Back to normal.

*bad fortunately
Operator of The Penultimate Darkness Pit: Gift Store of the Cavey Cave of Elderly Elders
Exclusive and Singular Seller of The OmniFork!
Fen wrote:Because sometimes one cult is not enough.
Another helpful emoticon: Image Courtesy of yiraheerai

TellusEidolon
Just an Anomalous Phantasm
Location: Ducklair Tower, Downtown Duckburg, on the 151st floor.

Post by TellusEidolon »

We had the weirdest weather the 24th this year, it was sunshine and no snow. :( :-w
Artificial does not mean obtuse! ~Uno from Paperinik's New Adventures.
It is important to draw wisdom from different places. If you take it from only one place it become rigid and stale. ~Iroh
You can't make an omelette without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others. ~Tarquin
The skin stretched and tanned, the striped suit sown into the flesh itself, the killer donned a new body, giggling to no one, "Wears Waldo."
This is here for future reference.

Iceman
Location: I come from the land of the ice and snow, from the midnight sun where the hot springs blow.

Post by Iceman »

Still cloudy here, as it has been for the last week or so. That's not too bad, it means there is less darkness.

Also, there are snow flurrs (?) and a little wind. The snowdepth has reached 22cm.
The iceman cometh

MerchManDan
Nerd-At-Large (Mostly Harmless)

Post by MerchManDan »

A bit of snow here as well, but only just enough to cover the ice & make walking/driving even more dangerous than usual.
Operator of The Penultimate Darkness Pit: Gift Store of the Cavey Cave of Elderly Elders
Exclusive and Singular Seller of The OmniFork!
Fen wrote:Because sometimes one cult is not enough.
Another helpful emoticon: Image Courtesy of yiraheerai

Iceman

Post by Iceman »

Well... so much for the snow... last night's precipitation amounted some 30-35cm, which means I had to go out and clear the driveway (?). That's some 10Mg shoveled.
The iceman cometh

Fen
Chaotic Neutral

Post by Fen »

Wtf.
It's 1am and it's 0°C outside. Weather channel says tomorrow it'll be 6°C. +6°C. WTF?

Seriously. Where is my -20°C? Where is my snooow?
The worst part is that on the way to my hometown and back we passed through 400 km of snow-filled towns...the snow stopped just before we got to each town.

=(. and it only snowed like twice, both times in early December. Last year we were snow-filled in November, and two years ago we had a snowstorm in early October. What is wrong with the weather this year? (not to mention the fact that it rained non-stop all summer)
One day I'm gonna lose the war.

Fen
Chaotic Neutral

Post by Fen »

(sorry for the double post but it is very fitting)

Two hours after posting this I went out to buy cigarettes and, to my surprise, there was snow everywhere!

It's still -1 outside, so pretty warm and all, but tomorrow is scheduled to be a much more normal -8 :D

This is what the back garden was looking like this morning. <3

One day I'm gonna lose the war.

mac2

Post by mac2 »

Snow would be an improvement around here. It's been chilly, and several days this week we've had a steady, cold drizzle that's miserable to be out in. Some sun would be nice, but at this point I could deal with freezing temps and snow better than more rain. :|
Yes, it is as bad as you think, and they are out to get you

Everything is significant until proven otherwise.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

I'm with Fen's FIRST post. It's like +5 °C here or more, and fr the next days, it's supposed to become even warmer (!) and there's pretty much non-stop rain over New Year.

WINTER! WHY YOU NO CAN BE???
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

78°F/25°C with 19mph winds and SUN.

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH. \M/