The Gamer's Lounge

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

DMoness

Re: The Gamer's Lounge

Post by DMoness »

Just finished the pitt add-on for fallout 3 (felt like shooting for a bit(long story)). I was just about to leave the area when the game crashed. Normally that isn't that bad but due to it crashing the auto save got corrupted :-s I do use the normal save once in a while only the one i had is from an hour before :(( (now i have to do the whole end part again.

About the add-on still feels not like Fallout 3 itself but at least it is better then anchorage (although i liked the change of pace for a bit). Can not wait for the last bit (at least my character is getting closer to level 20(the first time i fisnished it my character was around level 14))

JVDifferent
Venus Dicktrap

Post by JVDifferent »

I have just finished Pikmin. It was awesome.

However, apparently my impression of the "Pikmin dying" sound is a little too accurate. Which means I may or may not have thrown a mind-boggling amount of little plant creatures to their deaths.

Nothing quite wins a game like mass genocide.

Edit: Now playing Tak 2: The Staff of Dreams. I was not expecting this game to be so absurdly fun.
Resplendent King of Lizards and Darkness
Resident Firestarter, Wielder of the Falcon Punch
SKULLS SKULLS SKULLS
Proudly signature-less since 1986. I mean... Fuck.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

Radbaron
Forum FlyBoy
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada, North America, Erp, Sol System, Saggitarius Arm, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by Radbaron »

Sarah Palin as a shape-shifting Goddess of Time battling the Elder Gods? hmmmmm
Red Corsair of Questionable European Nobility.
And I need an avatar. <fixed>
668 , Neighbour of the Beast

JMac85

Post by JMac85 »

DMoness wrote:Just finished the pitt add-on for fallout 3 (felt like shooting for a bit(long story)). I was just about to leave the area when the game crashed. Normally that isn't that bad but due to it crashing the auto save got corrupted :-s I do use the normal save once in a while only the one i had is from an hour before :(( (now i have to do the whole end part again.

About the add-on still feels not like Fallout 3 itself but at least it is better then anchorage (although i liked the change of pace for a bit). Can not wait for the last bit (at least my character is getting closer to level 20(the first time i fisnished it my character was around level 14))
I'm pissed that only the PC version is getting the G.E.C.K. I understand doing that kind of thing on a console is difficult, which is why if Spore ever gets ported it'll probably suck, but still. The one thing missing is a Thunderdome type battle arena. Sure, they put something like that in the Pitt, but it was crap. Three rounds, big freaking whoop. I'd turn the Capital dome into a Colosseum. See how many Little Lamplight children (with their god mode disabled) it'd take to bring down a Super Mutant Behemoth. :))

Kamino Neko
Screaming Nekomimi

Post by Kamino Neko »

I'm playing the DS version of Lego Batman. Almost finished, in fact. Really good game.

But...

I'm really annoyed by certain characters abilities - primarily the fact that Scarecrow has toxin immunity, but Harley Quinn doesn't - which is the opposite of the characters' canonical abilities. (Harley's been immune to toxins since she first started hanging with Poison Ivy in the comics, Scarecrow's not even immune to his own fear gas - though some takes allow him to deal with it psychologically. He's certainly not immune to Smilex, Ivy's toxins, or so on.) I've been slowed down by not realizing Scarecrow was toxin-immune, or wandering blithely on, thinking Harley WAS...
I swear I will, I'll make you smile.

Original fiction by Neko: Heroes of Angel City (now in convenient (and edited) ebook form!). Kuchisake.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

Ran into another game called X blades

makes my eyes roll right off my head.

not that it stopped me from oogling at the heroines apparal.
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage

DMoness

Post by DMoness »

Tenjen wrote:Ran into another game called X blades

makes my eyes roll right off my head.

not that it stopped me from oogling at the heroines apparal.
Lol common hack and slash game with a girl that is wearing next to nothing. Not that you can oogle her that much when slaying all your enemies onscreen (yeah i own it(and am stuck even worse))

Nibler
Professional Lurker

Post by Nibler »

they're not gonna make another God of War, no matter how much T&A they put in.
This is not the greatest signature in the world, no. This is just a tribute.

Kamino Neko
Screaming Nekomimi

Post by Kamino Neko »

Man, I looked up that game...the chick's pants are ridiculous....
I swear I will, I'll make you smile.

Original fiction by Neko: Heroes of Angel City (now in convenient (and edited) ebook form!). Kuchisake.

DMoness

Post by DMoness »

Kamino Neko wrote:Man, I looked up that game...the chick's pants are ridiculous....
What pants she is wearing a thong.
Funny thing in america the game is rated M (mature) europe gets a 14+ rating

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

doesnt help that she looks pre pubescent with a butt like that and melon chests.

and is basicly right out of Gunguro Girl with the tan, hair and eyes.

and oh god the voice acting.

oh and the times your fighting the monsters is the best part! Thats when her bodies in action.
ImageImageImage

Panchocheesecake

Post by Panchocheesecake »

X-Blades is that kinda game huh? Well, seems a win/fail kinda thing.....

*runs off to youtube*
In the sexy way!

Here's a webcomic I gave up on. You might like if you're into military and gaming stuff
http://situationalawareness.smackjeeves.com/

I do not like to eat waffles, so here's my youtube channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/KristopherStoltz

Do you have a high level of confusion? I do, so here's my tumblr.
http://panchocheesecake.tumblr.com/

Otaku201
BANNED

Post by Otaku201 »

I played Marvel Ultimate Alliance for 3 hours yesterday, haven't had the free time to play games since before I started classes this January.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

*deems the Gamer's lounge to be not only about computer games...*
RoninAngel wrote:Spellfire is may be a joke, but lots of other good games like Warlords and Star Wars
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warlords_(card_game)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_CCG
Have come and gone or are just barely limping along.
Ah, yes, Star Wars, the only other CCG I ever invested a bit more money in (I also have some Vampire cards [just extension sets, after it was renamed from Jyhad], and quite a few from the (World of Darkness) Werewolf CCG which I got really cheap, including to foil ultra-rares...). I only ever bought Premier edition cards, and have blackboarder Luke Skywalker and Han Solo at home!! :D Alas, no Darth Vader... Back then, that card was worth about 60 bucks. A guy I knew from Magic stole (!!!) a booster pack from a store and had Vader inside... :-l X(
RoninAngel wrote:And Guy with the unopened box of Homelands!
:ympray: PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DON'T OPEN IT!
If it has any value, at all it will become WORTHLESS as soon as you break open a pack. That set has like Zero cards with any value! Sell it unopened and you might be able to get like $30 USD on Ebay for it, open it and it will be worth nothing.
Ahhh, Homelands. The bad old time when they overcorrected Magic after the powerful Legends... Probably the suckiest set ever. A few nice large legendary creatures for casual play (Autumn Willow, Baron Sengir, Ihsan's Shade) but nothing else... I think I'm missing a single card to a double complete set.

Thank God for Alliances. :D Now that was an awesome set, and I have tons of it!
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)