Confessions

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Re: Confessions

Post by Tenjen »

ah enough of this.

what she meant is that Her boyfriends just like her, He got all excited over a mug that lights up

like "wow looka THAT! wohoo" sorta thing.
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

Lilianna
The Disappearing One

Post by Lilianna »

Tenjen wrote:ah enough of this.

what she meant is that Her boyfriends just like her, He got all excited over a mug that lights up

Yeah... I think we covered that, already.
ImageHEAD TECHNOLOGIST and GUARDIAN OF THE "THRONE".Image

CHIEF PROPHET OF CACAO, THE LORD AND GOD OF CHOCOLATIANITY

FSU Class of 2014!
Ailith wrote:Yes, it was intimate, it was passionate, it was sensual, and it ended with a few orgasms. So yeah, counts as sex to me.

Aren

Post by Aren »

Lilianna wrote:Yeah... I think we covered that, already.
Agreed.

Scaramouche

Post by Scaramouche »

And yes, there is also a gay clubbing scene which, unfortunately, tends to involve a lot of rarely safe sex with strangers, which is known to be the cause of particularly high rates of certain STDs among the gay community.
You could replace 'gay' with 'straight' and it would still be true.
While there is indeed a general clubbing scene which is the same in that it involves lots of drunk idiots shagging strangers and spreading diseases, it not as bad as the gay clubbing scene. In fact it's seen as part of the reason for a spike in STDs among gay folks.
People aren't changing their personalities to suit the image, they're idolizing the image and growing into it.
Yes, idolizing an image they get from TV and films, and changing to copy it.
Can you honestly say that they're changing their personalities to suit an image that they got from the television?
Of course. The behaviours demonstrated by TV folks like Carson Kressley are purely learned behaviours.
Because if we're going to play the numbers, I 'changed my personality' to 'suit' the geeky image despite having played with dolls when I was small.
That's ok, so did I. But they were called "action figures", such as the Transformers and little plastic army dudes.
There's the masculine gay guys, who self-label as 'straight-acting' or 'men who have sex with men'.
Then there's the feminine gay guys, who self-label as 'queens' or 'fags'.
Then there's the rest of us, who are somewhere in the middle, and just want to live a normal life like everyone else and don't consider our sexuality more important than any other part of our personalities. We tend to wish the other groups didn't exist, or at the very least, simply not understand them.
I know there are many types or groups. Indeed, neither of the gay dudes I know fits the stereotype mentioned. However, it is specifically the sub-set who do fit that stereotype that I find silly.
Two words:
"Prostate orgasm."
Well, that would explain it.
And when those two words don't do it:
"In love."
Those who don't engage in anal sex and are in love are, I suspect, just as in love as those who do. Which removes that as a factor.
Moving on to new lurking grounds. Have fun, folks.

midgetshrimp
Modly Pirate Jesus

Post by midgetshrimp »

I want one of those glowy light up cups. I'm as easily amused as they come.

Another confession which touches a... well, touchy issue: My parents divorce (around 11 years ago) affected me way more than I ever let on. I was the child in the middle the dissolving relationship, as my little sister was too young and my brother was old enough to not always be around to see it crumble. I've consciously tracked each parent's progress since that time. They can finally act civilly toward each other, though it's better to keep conversation out of the realm of "them". My mother is bitter, but I know my father still loves her, in some way, and always will.
Exuberant High Captain Mod-siah of the Elder Council, Grand Official Bard.
Who needs sex when you have Menage a 3?

Aren

Post by Aren »

Scaramouche wrote:
And yes, there is also a gay clubbing scene which, unfortunately, tends to involve a lot of rarely safe sex with strangers, which is known to be the cause of particularly high rates of certain STDs among the gay community.
You could replace 'gay' with 'straight' and it would still be true.
While there is indeed a general clubbing scene which is the same in that it involves lots of drunk idiots shagging strangers and spreading diseases, it not as bad as the gay clubbing scene. In fact it's seen as part of the reason for a spike in STDs among gay folks.
I'm sorry - please explain why it's not as bad if heterosexuals do it. After all, even if 100% of gay people are doing it, it's still 'not as bad' as if 20% of heterosexual people are doing it.
Scaramouche wrote:
People aren't changing their personalities to suit the image, they're idolizing the image and growing into it.
Yes, idolizing an image they get from TV and films, and changing to copy it.
Definition fail. You have to have something there first before you can change into it. If you're naked and you put some clothes on, you're putting clothes on, not 'getting changed'. You're only 'getting changed' when you're putting on clothes other than what you're wearing now.
Scaramouche wrote:
Can you honestly say that they're changing their personalities to suit an image that they got from the television?
Of course. The behaviours demonstrated by TV folks like Carson Kressley are purely learned behaviours.
... Gender roles are learned behaviours as well. *unimpressed*
Scaramouche wrote:
Because if we're going to play the numbers, I 'changed my personality' to 'suit' the geeky image despite having played with dolls when I was small.
That's ok, so did I. But they were called "action figures", such as the Transformers and little plastic army dudes.
Really? Mine were Barbies, and I played them with my sister. Child psychologists are getting really good at predicting what kids will grow up to be gay by observing them when they're extremely young.
Scaramouche wrote:
There's the masculine gay guys, who self-label as 'straight-acting' or 'men who have sex with men'.
Then there's the feminine gay guys, who self-label as 'queens' or 'fags'.
Then there's the rest of us, who are somewhere in the middle, and just want to live a normal life like everyone else and don't consider our sexuality more important than any other part of our personalities. We tend to wish the other groups didn't exist, or at the very least, simply not understand them.
I know there are many types or groups. Indeed, neither of the gay dudes I know fits the stereotype mentioned. However, it is specifically the sub-set who do fit that stereotype that I find silly.
You can find them silly, but any man who would wear plaid or sit around watching NASCAR is probably even more ridiculous to me.
Scaramouche wrote:
And when those two words don't do it:
"In love."
Those who don't engage in anal sex and are in love are, I suspect, just as in love as those who do. Which removes that as a factor.
Or not. It just means that the ones who don't do it have other reasons for doing it. After all, how many heterosexual couples do you see that never engage in vaginal sex - ever?

I personally have never had a prostate orgasm. But that doesn't mean that I wouldn't let my boyfriend fuck me if he wanted to. The fact that he would be getting pleasure out of it would provide me with pleasure.

So, no. It doesn't remove it as a factor.

Scaramouche

Post by Scaramouche »

Aren wrote: I'm sorry - please explain why it's not as bad if heterosexuals do it. After all, even if 100% of gay people are doing it, it's still 'not as bad' as if 20% of heterosexual people are doing it.
I did not say "It's worse if homosexual people do it". I pointed out the fact thatg it's an especially big problem, and especially prominent, among the gay community. Not greater severity, greater frequency per capita.
Definition fail. You have to have something there first before you can change into it. If you're naked and you put some clothes on, you're putting clothes on, not 'getting changed'. You're only 'getting changed' when you're putting on clothes other than what you're wearing now.
The thing changed into: The depiction on television.
The occurrence: When it is seen on television, movies, et cetera.
People see it in the TV and films and all, then copy it.

I am not assuming they have no personality whatsoever prior to copying the mannerisms seen on TV.
... Gender roles are learned behaviours as well. *unimpressed*
That is incorrect. Gender roles are the result of our biology and evolution. Here. Males and females actually have different brains, and different bodies, as a result of the way we have evolved. We are suited to different things.
Really? Mine were Barbies, and I played them with my sister. Child psychologists are getting really good at predicting what kids will grow up to be gay by observing them when they're extremely young.
I've never heard of any studies which even suggest that such is possible.
You can find them silly, but any man who would wear plaid or sit around watching NASCAR is probably even more ridiculous to me.
It would be equally as silly to me, if it was a set of behaviours they had copied off the television. And perhaps it is. Indeed, I believe common Tough Manly Behaviour is often a learned behaviour adopted specifically to cover insecurities about their studliness.
Or not. It just means that the ones who don't do it have other reasons for doing it. After all, how many heterosexual couples do you see that never engage in vaginal sex - ever?
I tend to not peek in bedroom windows.
I personally have never had a prostate orgasm. But that doesn't mean that I wouldn't let my boyfriend fuck me if he wanted to. The fact that he would be getting pleasure out of it would provide me with pleasure.
Agreed. I tend to do whatever a girlfriend enjoys me doing.
So, no. It doesn't remove it as a factor.
It's basic algebra. If you have X on both sides, and X makes no difference anywhere, you can remove X and focus on the rest. In this case, the reason stated was "in love". Now if you have two couples, one engaging in anal sex, the other not, and both are in love, then stating that the reason for anal sex is "they're in love" just doesn't work as a raison d'etre for anal sex.

However, the "prostate orgasm" response, and also the "if they enjoy it, I enjoy it" response, both provide rational explanations which, to me, make perfect sense.
Moving on to new lurking grounds. Have fun, folks.

poo-poo-face

Post by poo-poo-face »

Whenever I go on this forum, and post something, I check back excitedly every 2 minutes to see if anyone replied to what I said.

When I was little and the toilet paper would run out, I would enthusiastically put up another roll and be uber happy when someone used the toilet paper roll that I put up :D

I used to think those little bubbles in the toilet water were frog eggs, and would sometimes watch them silently, mourning when one would pop. "Oh noes! Dorothy popped!:cry:"

I fantasize about boys.. like.. everyday :D
i like cheese.

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Post by Dirty n Evil »

poo-poo-face wrote:Whenever I go on this forum, and post something, I check back excitedly every 2 minutes to see if anyone replied to what I said.
Alright, I'll fess up - I'm guilty of this too. :lol:
poo-poo-face wrote:I fantasize about boys.. like.. everyday :D
If you changed that to "girls" instead of "boys", and "every minute" instead of "everyday"... I'm right there with you on that, too. ;)
Tied 1st Place of "What Would You Do To Win A Ma3 Contest" Contest (Aug '09) / Winner of Cutest Forumite Contest (Male Division) (Sept '09)
Winner of FRANKIES Awards Contest (Feb '10) Winner in Noms & Exemplary Divisions / Winner of 'The Contest For the Next Contest' Contest (Jul '10)
Winner of Wet T-Shirt Guys Division (Jul '10) / Winner of Lonely Hearts Contest (Feb '11)

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

I fantasize about girls AND boys.

I indeed get excited about replies. and a bit disheartened when my post blends in with the others and thus isnt replied too but ofcourse still read.
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage

midgetshrimp
Modly Pirate Jesus

Post by midgetshrimp »

Just got to build up that number! They're bound to reply to some of them, through the law of averages. Unless, of course, you want to post things with substance. But who does that around here? :?
Exuberant High Captain Mod-siah of the Elder Council, Grand Official Bard.
Who needs sex when you have Menage a 3?

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

Lilianna wrote:
Tenjen wrote:ah enough of this.

Yeah... I think we covered that, already.
hehe, i actually tried to post that right after the question, but i had hit preview, then come back a while after and kept hitting submit without realising too much time had passed. That explains why it made me submit more than once later on. Musth ave been telling me baout new posts :p
ImageImageImage

Sideb(.)(.)bPlatypus
Purveyor of Puggles

Post by Sideb(.)(.)bPlatypus »

I don't get drunk, I just get sleepy. "Fairly buzzed" is the most drunk I've ever been.

Not much of a confession, really more of an oddity >_>
R.I.P. Don Alexander/Dr. David "Alex" Alexander Kann, 2/15/77-3/10/23 :( I'll never forget you or all the good times we had.

"Look up. The stars are shining for you."

Owner and Manager of McLovecraft's; Zany Genius Inventor of Ichory Delights

<3 PRIDE IN THY PUGGLES! <3

me: I remember biting Teach in the ass...
DA: We remember the REALLY important things.

Became Mrs. SP on 10/16/10 <3 :D

Now with mini Puggles! (as in babies) I have two boys, ages 7 and 4 :)

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

poo-poo-face wrote:Whenever I go on this forum, and post something, I check back excitedly every 2 minutes to see if anyone replied to what I said.
:D A common disease!

Confession: I am addicted to you guys. :lol:
poo-poo-face wrote:When I was little and the toilet paper would run out, I would enthusiastically put up another roll and be uber happy when someone used the toilet paper roll that I put up :D

I used to think those little bubbles in the toilet water were frog eggs, and would sometimes watch them silently, mourning when one would pop. "Oh noes! Dorothy popped!:cry:"
Ohhh, that is cute to the Nth degree!! :D :D :D
poo-poo-face wrote:I fantasize about boys.. like.. everyday :D
And I fully agree with DnE... :oops:
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Aren

Post by Aren »

I get irrationally angry and feel urges towards violence quite often - which I counter with physical pacifism.