The Gamer's Lounge

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Re: The Gamer's Lounge

Post by Tenjen »

You'd think they'd take a leaf out of Metal Gear solids book. They realised something in metal gear solid and did something about it in the later game titles.
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

thaldin

Post by thaldin »

Just for the record...

I will almost guarentee that the best console gamers will always lose to the best PC gamers (at the same games).

The precision and control using mouse and keyboard are vastly superior than console controls. You can do things faster and more accurately with a mouse. That being said, I play both... and I suck far more at the console version of games than the PC version.

LSD - GoW2... play every Tuesday night =P

LadySheDevil
Tittycakes

Post by LadySheDevil »

I'm in bed by 8 Tuesday nights now :( But I'll keep that in mind when I manage to squirm out of a shift. :3

LOL @ Doc. I had almost confused this for the SE thread for a sec reading that post. :p

And I can't believe I've waited this long to get Castle Crashers... It's BLOODY AWESOME!! <3
Vanishing Elder of the Noms; She who Plays With Madness; One Among the Fence; Tittycake Mistress.

~* \m/ Music is Love. \:D/ *~ ~* :-B Gaming too! :-B *~

Winner: Wet T-Shirt Contest, Ladies Division June '10

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

I agree with Thaldin on that PC gamers are better then console gamers thing. I've played friends of mine on the same games I've got for my PC that they have on their console and I've thrashed them every time even when they've had more practice on the console versions.

Panchocheesecake

Post by Panchocheesecake »

Meh, consoles are a cheap way to play games, only thing they lack is the mouse which is A+ accuracy.

Also, I'm playing Mass Effect again and I love Wrex.....BUT I DON WANNA KEEL HIM! Did anyone here manage to raise their charm high enough to access the charming dialouge?
In the sexy way!

Here's a webcomic I gave up on. You might like if you're into military and gaming stuff
http://situationalawareness.smackjeeves.com/

I do not like to eat waffles, so here's my youtube channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/KristopherStoltz

Do you have a high level of confusion? I do, so here's my tumblr.
http://panchocheesecake.tumblr.com/

JMac85

Post by JMac85 »

Panchocheesecake wrote:Did anyone here manage to raise their charm high enough to access the charming dialouge?
I did. I always do. Whenever there is a game like that I always stat dump into charm/persuasion/whatever the game calls it. KotOR, Fallout, you name it. Except the Elder Scroll games. The persuasion minigames suck, and it's always better to just use Charm spells. 100 points for one second custom spell is all you need. /:)

LadySheDevil
Tittycakes

Post by LadySheDevil »

I loved Wrex :x And yeah, I definitely didn't kill him... The first time around. xD I had trouble making the decision the second time as well, but meh.

What about Kaidan vs Ashley? I personally had no attachment to either of them, so I just closed my eyes and made a random selection. Kaidan both times. xD
Vanishing Elder of the Noms; She who Plays With Madness; One Among the Fence; Tittycake Mistress.

JMac85

Post by JMac85 »

[quote="LadySheDevil"]What about Kaidan vs Ashley? I personally had no attachment to either of them, so I just closed my eyes and made a random selection. Kaidan both times. xD[/quote

I know. It really annoyed be how both those characters were supposed to be love interests and yet they were among the least interesting characters I've ever seen in a video game. Especially Kaidan. I don't think I once used him in my party.

Nibler
Professional Lurker

Post by Nibler »

Kaidan and Ashley where both kinda "meh" characters to me, but Kaidan was most "meh" so I killed him
and neither of them where my love interest on my first playthrough, can you say hot alien lesbian sex?
This is not the greatest signature in the world, no. This is just a tribute.

Panchocheesecake

Post by Panchocheesecake »

WREX DIDN'T DIE, WREX DIDN'T DIE! FUCK YEAH!

I spent like 2 levels worth of points raising the charm but.... it was SO worth it.

Also, alien sex? Ew, I'm trying to bone ashely.
In the sexy way!

Here's a webcomic I gave up on. You might like if you're into military and gaming stuff
http://situationalawareness.smackjeeves.com/

I do not like to eat waffles, so here's my youtube channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/KristopherStoltz

Do you have a high level of confusion? I do, so here's my tumblr.
http://panchocheesecake.tumblr.com/

GothPoet
Non-Entity

Post by GothPoet »

Panchocheesecake wrote:Also, alien sex? Ew, I'm trying to bone ashely.
Turn in your nerd credentials. :p
“It’s not an adventure if you don’t lose your shorts” - Hunter Gruntman (Klaus Besser)

No! That would be absurd! My whims are titanic in scope!

LadySheDevil
Tittycakes

Post by LadySheDevil »

I totally got my chick with Liara. I mean, come on! She's totally cute!

The thing that pisses me off is that you can't get your male character with any male characters. Like Wrex. Oh, I so would have, too. ;))

Yeah, Kaidan was just... UGH. I made a point of treating him like crap my entire first playthrough. :D I probably will when I decide to do my second, too.

JMac85

Post by JMac85 »

LadySheDevil wrote:The thing that pisses me off is that you can't get your male character with any male characters. Like Wrex. Oh, I so would have, too. ;))
It's the four tentacles, isn't it? :ymsmug:

Nibler
Professional Lurker

Post by Nibler »

does anyone remember this? before blizzard made WoW, diablo or starcraft there was .....Rock N' Roll Racing!
This is not the greatest signature in the world, no. This is just a tribute.

The Scream Man

Post by The Scream Man »

rather than start listing all the games i like, here is a top 10:

1) Crimson skies (PC)
2) Half Life 2
3) Spiderman 2
4) Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
5) Resident Evil 4
6) X-Wing vs TIE Fighter
7) Rainbow 6 Vegas 2
8) Mass Effect
9) Street Fighter 2
10) Beyond Good and Evil

Video Games are one of the few genres i have an actual ranked series of answers too
I do NOT play with my toys!

However I occasionally do scale model assisted simulations in physical combat dynamics.