The Gamer's Lounge

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Swayambhu
Booby Bunny

Re: The Gamer's Lounge

Post by Swayambhu »

Burning through RE5.

Sorta-Spoiler
|
|
v

I'd love this game more if they hadn't killed off my favorite character of all time, ever (in the Resident Evil universe, I mean.)
ImageImage

GothPoet
Non-Entity

Post by GothPoet »

Anyone ever try Uplink?
Introversion wrote:High tech computer crime and industrial espionage on the Internet of 2010
I really like it, and recommend anyone who is interested in the premise to at least try out the demo.

And robbing banks in it is frighteningly easy once you know how.
“It’s not an adventure if you don’t lose your shorts” - Hunter Gruntman (Klaus Besser)

No! That would be absurd! My whims are titanic in scope!

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

my parents realy liked playing with my Bro in laws Wii. [JESUS CHRIST...*SHOVES DOUCHE INTO EAR AND SCRUBS IN AND OUT AS IT WITH IT POPING OUT OF THE OTHER EAR*]

so they're getting one of their own for our house. My bro in law said , we can hook it upto the net and connect to them and play against each other.

Anyone with a Wii here wanna play with me when i get it :3?
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

LadySheDevil
Tittycakes

Post by LadySheDevil »

Finally got the Hoard the Horde achievement in Gears 2 last night! So much easier with 4 people than 2... For some reason we breezed through wave 50 in one go, but 40 took 3 tries. Hurm.

I haven't played my Wii in forever, and I still need to get it online. BAH.

Also, Tenjen... You're referring to one of the Carmines, right? Which one, Anthony or Benjamin? I loved them both. Too bad they have horrible, horrible luck.
Vanishing Elder of the Noms; She who Plays With Madness; One Among the Fence; Tittycake Mistress.

~* \m/ Music is Love. \:D/ *~ ~* :-B Gaming too! :-B *~

Winner: Wet T-Shirt Contest, Ladies Division June '10

Nibler
Professional Lurker

Post by Nibler »

I tried resident evil 5 today, and that settles it, I really cant play shooters with a console controller, and cant understand people who do. :-\
This is not the greatest signature in the world, no. This is just a tribute.

LadySheDevil
Tittycakes

Post by LadySheDevil »

Don't worry, I can't understand anyone who can play pretty much anything on their PC's. *shrugs* I barely get by with games like WoW and GW, I don't know how I'd fare with shooters at all!
Vanishing Elder of the Noms; She who Plays With Madness; One Among the Fence; Tittycake Mistress.

~* \m/ Music is Love. \:D/ *~ ~* :-B Gaming too! :-B *~

Winner: Wet T-Shirt Contest, Ladies Division June '10

Doctor Emmit Brown

Post by Doctor Emmit Brown »

Picked up CoD:WaW again the other day after not playing it for a while. Took me a little bit to get back into the groove, but wasn't bad. The trick to playing shooters on consoles is doing the "Aim down sights" every time you pull the trigger. It's a lot easier on a console because you only have to hit the L1 button to do it. You get used to using both analogue sticks to run around. Although I'm a lot better with a PS3 controller than Xbox.
"Thanks, Dad! The toy every kid wants, a container ship! Now I can replicate international commerce." - Adam Savage

Minion (and sexual slave) of Asaryu.

Nibler
Professional Lurker

Post by Nibler »

If Video Game Characters Could Switch Game

edit: could be nsfw, but probably not.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

1, 2, 4, 5, 7, 8, 15, 18 and 20 are super ACE.
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

JTHomeslice

Post by JTHomeslice »

I just got this hankerin' to play some Metal Gear, so I got my cousin's PS2 (I actually borrowed it this time instead of just taking it.). After playing through MGS2, I realized I still had Final Fantasy 10 to play. So I did. I'm just past the point when Rikku joins your party. I can already tell she's gonna be my favorite girl. I think it was her CG stripping scene that made me fall in love with her. She reminds me of girls I know. But yeah this game is good.

I've also been on a Xbox Arcade trip too. I got Alien Hominid HD for cheap and Dishwasher Dead Samurai. Alien Hominid is my jam. I still own the Gamecube one and this is just as good and fun. Such a great. Dishwasher is really sweet too. It's so beautifl. It's really tough too (and I'm just playing on easy...). Buy both those games, they are awesome. Hopefully I can get GH: Metallica soon.

JMac85

Post by JMac85 »

Nibler wrote:I tried resident evil 5 today, and that settles it, I really cant play shooters with a console controller, and cant understand people who do. :-\
Using Resident Evil as the standard for the control scheme for console shooters is like... I dunno, a metaphor for something really bad.

That said, even good shooters I can only play with a gamepad. I never got into PC gaming, so maybe I'm just spoiled. I can't even play action flash games using WASD. I grew up using my thumbs to game, damnit! Playing with my fingers feels awkward. Like jacking off with the left hand. :|

Asaryu
Tentacoo Goddess

Post by Asaryu »

That is a beautiful analogy.

I cried a little.
Tentacoo-Goddess of the Bubblibaff, Gazer of the Southern Heavens and Mistress of Morals. She/Them. Judging you.

Nibler
Professional Lurker

Post by Nibler »

heh that's understandable but it's pretty much the opposite for me, while I did grew up playing snes and genesis, and after that playstation there wheren't many shooters back then, or at least not shooters where you play a guy holding a gun.
Most shooters like that started to show up on consoles in the ps2 generation, but that's about the same time I stoped playing consoles and started playing fps on pc, so I got used to wasd and mouse.

Doctor Emmit Brown

Post by Doctor Emmit Brown »

JMac85 wrote:
Nibler wrote:I tried resident evil 5 today, and that settles it, I really cant play shooters with a console controller, and cant understand people who do. :-\
Using Resident Evil as the standard for the control scheme for console shooters is like... I dunno, a metaphor for something really bad.

That said, even good shooters I can only play with a gamepad. I never got into PC gaming, so maybe I'm just spoiled. I can't even play action flash games using WASD. I grew up using my thumbs to game, damnit! Playing with my fingers feels awkward. Like jacking off with the left hand. :|
I must be sorta ambedextrous because I can do shooters both with a keyboard/mouse, and a game pad. I also masturbate with my left hand, even though I'm right handed, and jerking off with my right feels weird.

Oh, and RE5 is ridiculous for comparing to other shooters. Why the hell can't I move if I'm aiming or have my knife out? And when you use the knife, the baddies back up when hit by the knife, so you have to put it away, step forward (at a slow ass walk) and then pull out the knife again. So broken...
"Thanks, Dad! The toy every kid wants, a container ship! Now I can replicate international commerce." - Adam Savage

Minion (and sexual slave) of Asaryu.

Retiarius

Post by Retiarius »

I see, then, that the designers of Resident Evil haven’t learned much about UI design between Resident Evil 2 (which had a terminally crippled UI) and Resident Evil 5 (which apparently also has a crippled UI). Didn’t any of these jokers play Doom when they were kids? You NEVER had to fight the UI in Id Software games—and if it wasn’t perfect, it was always more customizable than the RE games.
I think outside the tesseract.