The Gamer's Lounge

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

JVDifferent
Venus Dicktrap

Re: The Gamer's Lounge

Post by JVDifferent »

cyanide_sweet wrote:iPod is a stupid platform! There's a Watchmen game out for iPhone, which makes me very sad :(
There is an episodic series of Watchmen games available to play on the PS3, Xbox and PC. The first one is out, but you have to download it over XboxLive and similar methods. Apparently the gameplay isn't amazing, but the art direction is fucking incredible. You pretty much get to bash up random thugs back in the days of Rorschach and Nite Owl being partners. It's $20 (here in Australia) so I'm gonna play it anyway :)

It is called Watchmen: The End is Nigh

@NS: I know that feeling! I have been waking up each morning and playing about an hour of the first Pikmin, which is awesome by the way, but not having enough time to finish off uni work I really should be finishing....
FAIL
Resplendent King of Lizards and Darkness
Resident Firestarter, Wielder of the Falcon Punch
SKULLS SKULLS SKULLS
Proudly signature-less since 1986. I mean... Fuck.

LadySheDevil
Tittycakes

Post by LadySheDevil »

:-? I think I needs to get me some Microsoft points. :D
Vanishing Elder of the Noms; She who Plays With Madness; One Among the Fence; Tittycake Mistress.

~* \m/ Music is Love. \:D/ *~ ~* :-B Gaming too! :-B *~

Winner: Wet T-Shirt Contest, Ladies Division June '10

thaldin

Post by thaldin »

Actually started playing Oblivion again last night for some reason....

Gears of War 2 tonight hopefully.

JTHomeslice

Post by JTHomeslice »

Don't waste you money on the Watchmen game. It's just a subpar beat-em-up. It's mad overpriced too. Instead get Ten for Rock Band.

cyanide_sweet
Ebil Sithlady

Post by cyanide_sweet »

JVDifferent wrote:
There is an episodic series of Watchmen games available to play on the PS3, Xbox and PC. The first one is out, but you have to download it over XboxLive and similar methods. Apparently the gameplay isn't amazing, but the art direction is fucking incredible. You pretty much get to bash up random thugs back in the days of Rorschach and Nite Owl being partners. It's $20 (here in Australia) so I'm gonna play it anyway :)

It is called Watchmen: The End is Nigh
I don't ever play video games, but I am very tempted to get the PC one!

Asaryu
Tentacoo Goddess

Post by Asaryu »

I played the trial game, and I was underwhelmed.
Tentacoo-Goddess of the Bubblibaff, Gazer of the Southern Heavens and Mistress of Morals. She/Them. Judging you.

Radbaron
Forum FlyBoy
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada, North America, Erp, Sol System, Saggitarius Arm, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by Radbaron »

I looked down upon the Watchmen game, and whispered. "no."
Red Corsair of Questionable European Nobility.
And I need an avatar. <fixed>
668 , Neighbour of the Beast

JTHomeslice

Post by JTHomeslice »

In addition to Don't Stop Believin', some Spongebob songs are coming out for Rock Band next week. I'm quite happy about this. This song will be high tier vocals. I hope they chart the karate noises he makes.

Also, if you have a Wii and you don't have World of Goo, you're part of the problem.

Panchocheesecake

Post by Panchocheesecake »

What do you guys think of the Gears2 characters? Personally I hated Marcus until he actually showed emotion in act 4. Before I always liked Dom and Carmine.
In the sexy way!

Here's a webcomic I gave up on. You might like if you're into military and gaming stuff
http://situationalawareness.smackjeeves.com/

I do not like to eat waffles, so here's my youtube channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/KristopherStoltz

Do you have a high level of confusion? I do, so here's my tumblr.
http://panchocheesecake.tumblr.com/

LadySheDevil
Tittycakes

Post by LadySheDevil »

@ JTH: Oh dear god... Spongebob... =)) And more Journey! :x I definitely agree that a Journey album for download would be utterly jizzworthy.

@ Pancho: I have to agree. Never been a fan of Marcus at all. That's why I preferred co-op campaign, because I loved playing as Dom. <3 Cole was always my most favourite though. Seriously. He makes me lol :D Although in Gears 2, I heavily favoured Tai. He was fucking awesome!

And Dizzy was just funny.
"Damn, it's darker then a rat's ass in here! Lemme light up Bettie's titties."
Vanishing Elder of the Noms; She who Plays With Madness; One Among the Fence; Tittycake Mistress.

~* \m/ Music is Love. \:D/ *~ ~* :-B Gaming too! :-B *~

Winner: Wet T-Shirt Contest, Ladies Division June '10

Radbaron
Forum FlyBoy
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada, North America, Erp, Sol System, Saggitarius Arm, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by Radbaron »

Confession: Got Gears 2 for Christmas, but havent completed yet. Dizzy is hilarious!

Rented Fable 2, three weeks ago, played it for 4 hours. Then my brother got a hold of it. Bought it 2 weeks ago, still havent gotten near it.
Red Corsair of Questionable European Nobility.
And I need an avatar. <fixed>
668 , Neighbour of the Beast

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

I'm just hoping that they port Fable 2 over to the PC like they did with The Lost Chapters.

Panchocheesecake

Post by Panchocheesecake »

LadySheDevil wrote: @ Pancho: I have to agree. Never been a fan of Marcus at all. That's why I preferred co-op campaign, because I loved playing as Dom. <3 Cole was always my most favourite though. Seriously. He makes me lol :D Although in Gears 2, I heavily favoured Tai. He was fucking awesome!
Heh, for being stereo typical (then again so is the rest of the team) he does well as the comic relief.

Just got to the queen though, and I don't know what all the hype was about she's not fine at all!
In the sexy way!

Here's a webcomic I gave up on. You might like if you're into military and gaming stuff
http://situationalawareness.smackjeeves.com/

I do not like to eat waffles, so here's my youtube channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/KristopherStoltz

Do you have a high level of confusion? I do, so here's my tumblr.
http://panchocheesecake.tumblr.com/

JMac85

Post by JMac85 »

I was very disappointed with Fable 2. Once again, I got aboard the hype train only to have it jump the track and crash into an orphanage. Just like the first Fable, it was by no means a bad game, it's just that being promised the "greatest goddamn RPG ever!" kind of sets unrealistic expectations.

My biggest gripe by far has to be the co-op. That was what I was looking forward to the most. Drop in/drop out co-op? Yes please! What I actually got was utter crap. First off, you need to actually go to where your buddy is in the game world. Then you have to bring up a bunch of menu screens so they can select from a pre determined set of "henchmen" characters. (They can't play as their own guy like most other co-op games) and then after a long and unresponsive load time, you both share the camera!

I can see that being necessary for the "couch co-op" mode but why the hell did they do it like that for online co-op? It makes playing a ranged character all but impossible. Not to mention eliminates any real tactics. "Ok, I'll head up that hill and snipe while you run down that way and draw them toward you." And the game pauses whenever anyone opens their inventory screen. So instead of this epic co-op experience I was expecting, I get this frustrating piece of crap where you're tethered to your "host", you can only look one way so you can;t watch each other's back, and the pacing is broken every five minutes because they need to drink a potion.

I hope the next Elder Scroll game has some kind of co-op or multi player. That's really the only thing missing from that franchise.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

Panchocheesecake wrote:What do you guys think of the Gears2 characters? Personally I hated Marcus until he actually showed emotion in act 4. Before I always liked Dom and Carmine.
the charector i love the most is the soldier with the helmet. [kudo's if you get what i mean here]

say, i've been thinking of getting Witcher. how is it?
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?