Addictions & Cravings

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Asaryu
Tentacoo Goddess

Re: Addictions & Cravings

Post by Asaryu »

I hated spinach until I was 17, and I wasn't at home anymore. I needed iron and I needed the other good stuff, but I was too poor to afford meat. So I started to be a vegetarian by necessity.

Even then, a lot of the time, with bills and travel expenses and textbooks and other things, I couldn't afford to eat vegetables a lot of the time either so I went without food at all. These days, I forget to eat. I have the money (which is a welcome change) but I just forget to eat. But when I do want to eat, I am either dead-set certain of what I want, or I am wishy-washy to the point of frustration and I need to ask a friend what I should eat.

I also crave physical affection. I am a much more touchy feely person than most of my friends and so i will hug and snorgle them in ways that only their partners have ever done before (except some of them, who have never been snorgled except by me (!)). Apparently I am responsible for getting my old friend, Duncan, to come out of his shell and stop being so uptight. He used to be averse to affection in public, and the other night, there were three of us walking through the city arm in arm. We had one drunk guy call us a threesome. At which only I laughed uproariously, but neither of the other two appreciated how ironic it was for me.
Tentacoo-Goddess of the Bubblibaff, Gazer of the Southern Heavens and Mistress of Morals. She/Them. Judging you.

LadySheDevil
Tittycakes

Post by LadySheDevil »

Chunky Monkey FTW :x

And I just ran out of my wonderful caramel toffee cashew crunch ice cream! :(( There was barely a scoop left... lol
Vanishing Elder of the Noms; She who Plays With Madness; One Among the Fence; Tittycake Mistress.

~* \m/ Music is Love. \:D/ *~ ~* :-B Gaming too! :-B *~

Winner: Wet T-Shirt Contest, Ladies Division June '10

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

I totally forgot - eBay! I'm completely hooked! :D

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

LadySheDevil wrote:Chunky Monkey FTW :x
And I just ran out of my wonderful caramel toffee cashew crunch ice cream! :(( There was barely a scoop left... lol
Ben & Jerry's !!! :x :x :x

Yes. Craving. Moar.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

In "Motivation!", we try to become better.

Here, we fall off the wagon!! =))
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

cheesebunny

Post by cheesebunny »

really craving watermelon again today, and kfc.

my biggest addiction has to be either tea or tomato soup with toast or demyx time/ organization 13 kh yaoi fanfic. Ive never played kingdom hearts, but Im the biggest fan of organisation 13, I want to join them. and demyx time is really awsomenesses.
my ((pinched)) hobby, posting:
09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
in public places.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

I'am quite addicted to dorito's sweet chilli and sauce.

And also peanut butter and hazelnut chocolate.

To the point of stuffing my face with it and looking like a chipmunk.

Goeey cakes drive me nuts.

i like...scratching off scabs >:3

its related to my habit of taking them off too early : (
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

NightCrystal

Post by NightCrystal »

Craving a warm gooey nutella and marshmallow cream sandwich with a nice big cup of steaming rich coffee. mmm :x :x :x
Shall we their fond pageant see?
Lord, what fools these mortals be!

-William Shakespeare

Marque'd

Post by Marque'd »

I am addicted to my mind.

It sounds kind of weird, but there are times I'll just completely ignore everything around me and get swallowed up by my mind, to the point where (even if I'm doing some task) if someone interrupts me, I jump out, annoyed. I do it a lot at work, where the tasks are so menial they border on the painful, and only don't if I'm in a rush or need to actually focus.

On a connected note, I'm addicted to my iPod. I say connected because of the way I use it. In my room, with the door shut, I'll basically induce a trance to the music so that I imagine things going along with it, and go along with it. They're sort of like mind music videos, if you can imagine, and some of them are intense. A lot fo them actually. Some would make good stories even. If I go without doing this for a while, I get pissy, and I get headaches. It's weird, sort of like I'm addicted to abandoning reality.

It's the same with my writing. If I don't write something creative for a while, I get headaches and irritation, and I can barely cope with it. Sometimes I'l ignore it, but I really need to just give into it more. xD;

I think a lot of my hobbies rely on that addiction, actually.
Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. *stabstabstab*

Yay, signature death.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

Ah yes, lost in the exploration of the mindscape. Its my favourite pass time.
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage

Nibler
Professional Lurker

Post by Nibler »

I crave warmer weather, snow, temperature below zero celcius and strong winds makes me depressed :-s
This is not the greatest signature in the world, no. This is just a tribute.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

i crave crisp coolness, be it my blankets and pillows or be it the weather.
ImageImageImage

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

Thread Resurrection!!!!

Addicition to: Contact with Sarah! She is such a LOVELY person. Talking with her is almost always the high part of my day (my life is quite boring otherwise).

These last few days, we have gotten a lot closer ( :ymblushing: :x ) - and now she is gone for an entire week!!! :((

Craving: Sarah to return. To become worse. I'll probably be insane by Sunday. :-ss
ImageImage

Radbaron
Forum FlyBoy
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada, North America, Erp, Sol System, Saggitarius Arm, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by Radbaron »

They do have high-speed internet in Halifax. It's only the armpit of the Nova Scotia, not the world :D
Red Corsair of Questionable European Nobility.
And I need an avatar. <fixed>
668 , Neighbour of the Beast

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

Yeah, but it's a class trip, she will have no computer and no privacy!
ImageImage