Beer, Wine, & Spirits

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Iceman
Location: I come from the land of the ice and snow, from the midnight sun where the hot springs blow.

Re: Beer, Wine, & Spirits

Post by Iceman »

I like you, you are weird.
The iceman cometh

Gil Hamilton

Post by Gil Hamilton »

CyanideAngel wrote:Yeah you melt (?) Sugar on a spoon...Shot the absinthe with the sugar. I like Absinthe. Forgive my fuzziness on the prep. I was already drunk at the time I tried Absinthe and so my memory is of open flame,sugar,Absinthe and spoons.
My understanding is there are a couple ways. I've heard people will melt sugar on top of a slotted spoon and let the caramelized liquid drip into the absinthe. When I saw it prepared, the person merely slowly poured water over the sugar cube until it was all dissolved. I haven't actually tried the drink either way, so I don't know what it is like with the sugar.

Candy is dandy, but liquor is quicker. I guess absinthe is both dandy and quick. :)

GermanMerc

Post by GermanMerc »

@ Iceman

Thanks, only problem is to get that stuff here, for Brennivín u have to really look around to get it and it aint cheap.

But sometimes i like the looks of people that never tasted it and serve it at some birthday ;)

And for the weird, i never claimed normality for myself.
Be creative, invent a perversion.

Iceman
Location: I come from the land of the ice and snow, from the midnight sun where the hot springs blow.

Post by Iceman »

I'll bring some next time I visit Germany, then.
The iceman cometh

GermanMerc

Post by GermanMerc »

Its ok, i found an onlineshop, where i can order Brennivin.

http://www.islandeinkauf.de/index.php?c ... efa18c57e6

Iceman

Post by Iceman »

Ok, wow... when I move out of the country, that will be my new favorite site.
The iceman cometh

Iceman

Post by Iceman »

Mmmm, Baileys... as in I'm having such right now. (And I keep hitting the buttons for ö and ð... my right hand apparently tends to drift to the right.)
The iceman cometh

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Ah, yes, this thread...

I recently drank some alcohol. :P

A friend gave me a mostly full bottle of mead since she does not drink at all. It smelled a bit yeasty but tasted fine. I then put it outside and kind of forgot about it for some days. Then I had mead slush at -10. :P Very yummy.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

MerchManDan
Nerd-At-Large (Mostly Harmless)

Post by MerchManDan »

I think I tried mead once. Don't remember much, besides it tasting...good? Maybe? :-??
The fact that I'm currently enjoying a nice rye 'n' cola (after enjoying 2 or 3 already) is probably altering my memories somewhat. 8-}
Operator of The Penultimate Darkness Pit: Gift Store of the Cavey Cave of Elderly Elders
Exclusive and Singular Seller of The OmniFork!
Fen wrote:Because sometimes one cult is not enough.
Another helpful emoticon: Image Courtesy of yiraheerai

GermanMerc

Post by GermanMerc »

Mead is god!

And there is much u can do with it.
Here u get something that is called a Dark Knight.
Its Mead mixed with brown ale.

Fen
Chaotic Neutral

Post by Fen »

I don't drink these days, but nothing foreign will ever surpass Horincă for me.
Maybe Zaibăr. Unfortunately both are almost imposslbe to find =(.

The only beer I like is blonde beer. We used to have this absolutely marvelous 7.5% strong blonde beer and it was heavenly, but they unfortunately changed it and it takes like weak moose p*ss these days =(.

My weakest girly drink weakness is Radler. It is only 2.5%, it is lemon-flavored, it is the girliest and weksauciest drink ever but goddamit it tastes good. I only drink it as a juice though =/. The only good thing to come out of Austria imho.

Cocktail wise I despise most of them and I think mixing alcohol should just not be done, especially with juice. (I prefer my vodka raw, thank you). I can never say no to a good ol fashioned Long Island Ice Tea, though.

But like I said, have not drunk anything in ages, aside from the occasional beer =(. Had some horincă for new years and it actually burned my throat. I seem to have lost my resistance...

P.S. White wine is a blasphemy. Red wine is ok. Rosé wine makes me feel fabulous. Malt wine is a must during winter <3. Coffee and alcohol have no business being together, though a shot of vodka before your morning coffee does wake you up neatly. Just as long as the vodka is not inyour coffee :ymsick:

Absinthe tastes like rubbing alcohol. I'll never understand people's passion for it =/. I never completely understood tequilla either. Recently I've discovered Jagermeister and it's pretty yummy though.
One day I'm gonna lose the war.

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Any hard coffee should be Irish. Nothing else tastes good to me done up like that.
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Fen
Chaotic Neutral

Post by Fen »

I find that any alcohol in coffee ruins both the coffee and the alcohol.
One day I'm gonna lose the war.

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Post by Dirty n Evil »

I've had mead before - and I'm rather fond of it, myself. I tend towards enjoying sweets and sweet flavors, so it suits me. Today, being Superbowl Sunday, me and my pals have a bit of a habit of cooking some fancy bits of guy food and drinking the better part of the day. Last year, it was my roomie Paul's choice, and we drank margaritas. This year it was Zeus' choice, and we're drinking White Russians... Vodka, Kahlua, Bailey's Irish Creme, and Milk over ice. Next year it'll finally be my choice again, wonder what I should pick.

Also, at a party recently had some Sambuca. Wow, it that stuff good! It had the similar black licorice flavor as jagermeister, but far smoother and a not nearly as heavy and thick. It's a good thing I was at someone else's party where I was expected to (mostly) behave and drive myself home, because I could easily see myself getting in trouble with that one. :))
Tied 1st Place of "What Would You Do To Win A Ma3 Contest" Contest (Aug '09) / Winner of Cutest Forumite Contest (Male Division) (Sept '09)
Winner of FRANKIES Awards Contest (Feb '10) Winner in Noms & Exemplary Divisions / Winner of 'The Contest For the Next Contest' Contest (Jul '10)
Winner of Wet T-Shirt Guys Division (Jul '10) / Winner of Lonely Hearts Contest (Feb '11)

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Absinthe! :p
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.