Confessions

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

MarkMoriquendi

Re: Confessions

Post by MarkMoriquendi »

She's not basing it on my financial situation.... I am. I never have enough money to go out with her, and it always makes me feel, well, inadequate

Asaryu
Tentacoo Goddess

Post by Asaryu »

Confession: I don't allow my negative emotions to impact my day to day life a lot of the time, which means that when they do, I often don't notice until it's too late.

I have been extremely busy lately, and very very stressed out. There's a whole bunch of things going on that individually would probably make someone less than chirpy, and while I can't necessarily talk about all of them, for various reasons, they are making my life extremely difficult.

I've spent the last several days on an emotional rollercoaster, and I just don't feel like I have the time to actually nut out the reasons or solutions for my problems.

*sigh*
Tentacoo-Goddess of the Bubblibaff, Gazer of the Southern Heavens and Mistress of Morals. She/Them. Judging you.

mayhemeffect

Post by mayhemeffect »

Ather, I'm stunned.

So now you say that you measure yourself by your finances, and compare yourself to others? I seriously doubt that your bank account is the entire essence of your being. Find your own value before you attempt to convince another.

Money is nothing more than "a means to an end" and I'm sure you've heard "there is more than one way to skin a cat"
Hugs & Curses

midgetshrimp
Modly Pirate Jesus

Post by midgetshrimp »

He doesn't measure himself by his finances. If he wants to pursue this woman, he has given himself the standard that he can be financially stable and supportive. From what he's said (that I understand), she would come to him if he gave the word, and in all fairness, that's kind of a scary thing if you don't feel prepared for it.
Exuberant High Captain Mod-siah of the Elder Council, Grand Official Bard.
Who needs sex when you have Menage a 3?

JVDifferent
Venus Dicktrap

Post by JVDifferent »

@Asaryu: Fuck damn I know exactly how that feels. It really really sucks. :( :ymhug:
Resplendent King of Lizards and Darkness
Resident Firestarter, Wielder of the Falcon Punch
SKULLS SKULLS SKULLS
Proudly signature-less since 1986. I mean... Fuck.

farthingale
Gynecratic Romanticist

Post by farthingale »

Asaryu - hang in there, dudette. :> You have a right to be moody at times.
Dashing Gentlelady of the Elder Cave Harem. Defender of Honour, Ripper of Bodices.
Image Image

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

mayhem. Ath is being realistic.

Money is needed to live in this world and if one doesnt have enough of it or rather a proper cash flow, then it will come in the way of living and love.

Having a relationship is fine but becoming a live-together couple is something entirely else that carries serious financial responsiblities that have to be met. Its the foundation to keep things together.

Its as simple as not having money will lead to bad consequences for him calling her. Money isnt what he's basing things on, its a factor that has to be considered.
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

mayhemeffect

Post by mayhemeffect »

So two of you have already decided to speak for him??

No wonder people never deal with thier troubles.

He FEELS inadaquite, totally different. Feelings are not logical or a matter of being prepared for the future.

How marvalous it must be to know all while paying attention to nothing.
Hugs & Curses

MarkMoriquendi

Post by MarkMoriquendi »

Mayhem.... I haven't said anything because i've taken the day off work to be with her today. Just sitting in the sun, having a beer with her :D
But, they're right. I think Midget nailed it. If my life was stable enough to accommodate that change, i'd go for it in an instant :D

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

i wasnt refering to his feelings as such [though during the 1st phrase and final phrase it relates to what he said]. I was just explaining the need for money to adequately support such a change.

we arent speaking for him. we're speaking from what he himself has said and expressed to us. Us doing so will not make him not deal with his troubles.

feelings are the result of the environment and events within it. Managing those while keeping the feelings stable is what causes results [a blending of daily maintenance activity and mid/long term management and progressive activity. Feelings arent logical but they can be managed and balanced with other thoughts and senses to create progress.

If inadequacy is present. Then fine. Let something be done to be in a situation where it wont be felt. Theres numbing the pain and then theres pulling the knife out and dressing the wound while applying some numbing relief during the process.

saying this without totally intended connections to Ath.

Not my place to say all this anyway. But thats part of friendship. [as is the vice versa]
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage

farthingale
Gynecratic Romanticist

Post by farthingale »

Confession: I don't post about myself in the 'How Was Your Day Thread' because it seems like re-living things if I am to type it out, and if it was a bad day I don't want to talk about it. If it's a good day, whereas, I kind of feel like it's just thread-padding.
Dashing Gentlelady of the Elder Cave Harem. Defender of Honour, Ripper of Bodices.
Image Image

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

well if its disconcerting, you dont have to go into details about the bad day. Unless you do want to in certain cases.

But we woulod love to hear your good days. Otherwise it will seem like you just have bad days and bland days.

We'd like to know when you've had lovely days. It makes us happy for you.

Not thread padding at all :3
ImageImageImage

Asaryu
Tentacoo Goddess

Post by Asaryu »

Okay...so the mood is still really up and down. Started up, this morning, and it's taken about an hour to get down.

I hate when I do this...and I know why it happens to an extent, I just wish there was something I could do about it.
Tentacoo-Goddess of the Bubblibaff, Gazer of the Southern Heavens and Mistress of Morals. She/Them. Judging you.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

a lot of the female forumites have similar timing.
ImageImageImage

Asaryu
Tentacoo Goddess

Post by Asaryu »

I'm pretty sure it has only a small amount to do with that, and a lot more to do with an unhappiness I haven't been allowing myself to acknowledge for a very long time.