Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Giz
Site Admin

09-09-08 I'll get it!!!

Post by Giz »

Shadrach

Re: 9-09-08 I'll get it!!!

Post by Shadrach »

Okay, so, yeah, DiDi is hot and both her roomies lust for her. We get it.

Can we have another kind of joke or plot development now please?

brnleague99
Location: Carrollton, Georgia (Otherwise Known As Downtown Hell)

Post by brnleague99 »

....and thus was a massive riot begun that encompassed much of downtown and required the intervention of riot police.

:D
Anti-Yuki till the grave claims me...

Kid Kool (1988) for the Nintendo Entertainment System is GROSSLY underrated. Sure the concept could've been presented a little better, but it doesn't deserve the hate it gets in some circles.

Zook

Post by Zook »

You can almost see the starter pistol raising to start in the air. Almost see the record player cueing up the 'lone ranger' music.

Oh yes and also TWANG!

brnleague99
Location: Carrollton, Georgia (Otherwise Known As Downtown Hell)

Post by brnleague99 »

Shadrach wrote:Okay, so, yeah, DiDi is hot and both her roomies lust for her. We get it.

Plot development...splot development...I want lezzors.

:D
Anti-Yuki till the grave claims me...

Kid Kool (1988) for the Nintendo Entertainment System is GROSSLY underrated. Sure the concept could've been presented a little better, but it doesn't deserve the hate it gets in some circles.

Pneumonica

Post by Pneumonica »

I'm pretty sure a comic called Menage a 3 will have frequent appearances of a Shakesperean relational geometric form of as many sides as member nodes. Seems like it's to be expected.

As for this issue, nice. Although I'm beginning to think Didi's playing it thick.
Further affiant sayeth not.

Shadrach

Post by Shadrach »

brnleague99 wrote:Plot development...splot development...I want lezzors.
A-dur-hurr-hurr hyuk...

Come on. You can see actual photographs or videos of that, much of it for free. Do you really need to get your pr0n from cartoon characters?

Look, I'm not expecting Tolstoy or Proust here. I just find that absent any real plot or characterization beyond {Gary = drool faint drool | Zii = drool mug drool | DiDi = take off clothes and speak cutesy broken English}, this whole shebang is going to get old real fast.

MegaJar

Post by MegaJar »

I cracked up at their expressions in the last panel. I'd say the appropriate sound effect there would be "GLEEEEEEE!!!!" :mrgreen:

Also: Gee, I WONDER what Gary could POSSIBLY be drawing. Do you see anything -- or anyone -- around here that could be the subject of his art? CUZ I SURE DON'T! *end sarcasm mode* ;)

dianekikiula

Post by dianekikiula »

Shadrach wrote:Okay, so, yeah, DiDi is hot and both her roomies lust for her. We get it.

I don't know, I think there's at least a little development here. Gary actually vocalized his enthusiasm and desire to rub lotion on Didi. That's more than he's done otherwise.

Gammasite

Post by Gammasite »

=\ I'm with Shadrach. I've been loving it so far, but the formula's getting boring. Step 1, Didi's cute. Step 2, everyone around goes gaga.

I want to see more of Gary and Zii, not their gaping faces, is all I'm trying to say. What happened to the comic geek? What happened to the spunky, sarcastic girl with a taste for comics and music? It seems like these possibly-in-depth characters have been replaced with nothing but boob lust.

PrickOfDestiny

Post by PrickOfDestiny »

I'd love to see more character development than just that indeed.

Also, am I the only one who first interpreted the "TWANG" sound as Gary's erection? :oops:
Image Launched!

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

Okay firstly... The Comic is called 'Menage a Trois', as in a threesome, as in referencing sex. Anyone who doesn't get that we're going to get alot more sexuaul situations that we've already seen should probably take a left at the door if they don't like it. No I'm not saying that if people can't handle it they should leave or shouldn't read it, but seeing whats already happened, you can't complain when it happens again.

/rant.

Onto business. I love the expressions in the second and third panels. I love how Gi'z has mastered the classic sudden realisation take and the exuberant enthusisam takes. She's learnt from the masters and has become one hersef. Though, regarding everyones favourite Amazon, I'm certanly starting to get something of an impression that DiDi, despite being sweet and innocent generally and just not caring that people oggle her body, knows that she can use it innocently to get what she wants. How many people would so innocently untie their bikini top, then suddenly realise they've forgotten their suntan lotion? Unless of course she has got a crush on Gary and was hoping to bring him out of his shell like she seems to have done, rather then having Zii run interception...

Terrible thought though... I was starting to worry that maybe Zii was going to try and jump Gary's bones in hope of getting away with not paying the rent... but now what if DiDi is trying that too?

Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Fight!
Terrible thought though... I was starting to worry that maybe Zii was going to try and jump Gary's bones in hope of getting away with not paying the rent... but now what if DiDi is trying that too?
In that event I suspect that Gary will be the only one paying rent.
If you would be interested in a funny fantasy adventure webcomic, read Heroes of Lesser Earth now, before it becomes cool and everyone starts doing it!

midgetshrimp
Modly Pirate Jesus

Post by midgetshrimp »

Hey, Gary didn't pass out! Way to go Gary! That's the greatest leap any of these characters have gone through thus far. Unfortunately, he'll never be able to outrun Zii, because he probably has asthma and will pass out halfway to the van.
Exuberant High Captain Mod-siah of the Elder Council, Grand Official Bard.
Who needs sex when you have Menage a 3?

dianekikiula

Post by dianekikiula »

Bear wrote:Okay firstly... The Comic is called 'Menage a Trois', as in a threesome, as in referencing sex. Anyone who doesn't get that we're going to get alot more sexuaul situations that we've already seen should probably take a left at the door if they don't like it. No I'm not saying that if people can't handle it they should leave or shouldn't read it, but seeing whats already happened, you can't complain when it happens again.

/rant.
So you're saying we shouldn't expect some character and maybe even plot development to go along with the nice art?