09-09-08 I'll get it!!!

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Bear
BANNED

Re: 9-09-08 I'll get it!!!

Post by Bear »

dianekikiula wrote:
Bear wrote:Okay firstly... The Comic is called 'Menage a Trois', as in a threesome, as in referencing sex. Anyone who doesn't get that we're going to get alot more sexuaul situations that we've already seen should probably take a left at the door if they don't like it. No I'm not saying that if people can't handle it they should leave or shouldn't read it, but seeing whats already happened, you can't complain when it happens again.

/rant.
So you're saying we shouldn't expect some character and maybe even plot development to go along with the nice art?
No, I'm saying you can't complain when we do get sexual content and situations as thats what the comic works on. And what are people expecting for a comic strip thats so few panels and is aiming to be punchy? We've seen character developement, we've seen several sides to the characters, we've seen Gary is no longer fainting and is getting over his chronic disabilities around women... I'd say we are getting character and plot developement so I don't see why people are saying we aren't when its obviously there. So DiDi has large breasts and is attractive... Is everyone too fixated on that to notice whats going on around her in terms of the story we're getting?

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Actually... I do understand the complaints a bit. But with me, it's more of a "get on with the story". I'm always hoping the moment comes when Gary gets his first kiss or... :shock: gets laid :shock:

I sympathize so much with the poor guy, I want to see him SCORE!!!! :mrgreen:
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Makkabee

Post by Makkabee »

There's more to Zii than boob-lustage. There's also gluttony. Remember the crepes a few strips ago?

Also, I'm in the camp of people who think Didi's not as innocent/clueless as she seems. It's getting increasingly clear that she uses her... erm... charisma... to get what she wants. Since we haven't seen her use that trait to screw over anyone else yet (waving a little sweet ass to get people to come to the park with you isn't the mark of an evil mastermind) we shouldn't condemn her for it... on the other hand we don't know exactly how the conversation that got her the big room went down. Did Zii kick Gary out of his room and give it to Didi on her own initiative or was she manipulated into it? It all happened behind the scenes so at this point we can only guess.
"What Makkabee said." -- Giz

Bobolink

Post by Bobolink »

Pneumonica wrote:I'm pretty sure a comic called Menage a 3 will have frequent appearances of a Shakesperean relational geometric form of as many sides as member nodes. Seems like it's to be expected.

As for this issue, nice. Although I'm beginning to think Didi's playing it thick.
I don't know. I think the comic works better if we accept Didi exactly as presented instead of looking for ulterior motives.

DMoness

Post by DMoness »

Kevin wrote:Fight!
Terrible thought though... I was starting to worry that maybe Zii was going to try and jump Gary's bones in hope of getting away with not paying the rent... but now what if DiDi is trying that too?
In that event I suspect that Gary will be the only one paying rent.
If Didi does that how will her boyfriend react to that.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

DMoness wrote:If Didi does that how will her boyfriend react to that.
Does she actually HAVE one?? While she once said "The boyfriends call me DiDi. that is cute, no?" there have been no indications since then of a significant other. Not for Zii, either.

Of course, in the real world, such girls are ALWAYS occupied... :cry:
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

aishabe

Post by aishabe »

Didi is totally a devious diva.
And Zii is not going to do Gary.
Didi, maybe. Dunno if she goes for that.
But not Gary.
Lady High Vice Mistress, Mistress of Vices

Dryope

Post by Dryope »

I wanna meet Didi's mysterious boyfriend. And I've known very attractive girls who had difficulty obtaining dates because guys always assumed they had suitors and would therefore not approach them, so I wouldn't say that gorgeous girls always have boyfriends. Didi mentioned one, though, and I don't think she'd lie [s]about that.[/s]

Didi is so adorable. I wish I was half as good-natured and sweet. And if she is using her charms to get her way, well, I still think she's sweet and cute. ^_^ I have nothing against using sex appeal to get your way, especially if your way means walks in the park.
ImageImage

Talazia_Silvermoon

Post by Talazia_Silvermoon »

I think we can confirm Zii perference (either bi with a preference for Didi or lez.) I see Gary and Zii being friends at most as of now. but perhaps that'll change given time. I've seen weirder hook-ups.

As for Didi......she MIGHT be that innocent. we're not mind readers and we can't read Giselle's nor Dave's minds....so do we know where this is going? no. It's a case of 'Tune in next update! Same BAT time! Same BAT Channel!'! and we see where they take it.

yes, it's named 'Menage a 3'. We're going to get sex jokes, and Giselle's doing a wonderful thing for giving all of us fan services in droves. However, there ARE plot devices in here! I'm LOVING the comedy though! I'm reading the site daily, JUST IN CASE there's an early update!

Back to the plot device....heh...how do they know what they drove there?

Pneumonica

Post by Pneumonica »

Don Alexander wrote:
DMoness wrote:If Didi does that how will her boyfriend react to that.
Does she actually HAVE one?? While she once said "The boyfriends call me DiDi. that is cute, no?" there have been no indications since then of a significant other. Not for Zii, either.
No, she doesn't have one. She has several. She used the plural, didn't she? Boyfriends instead of boyfriend.

Now I've got Long Snake Moan stuck in my head and I can't figure out for the life of me why. There's all kinds of other songs by P.J. Harvey so much more appropriate to this discussion...
Further affiant sayeth not.

AniDragon

Post by AniDragon »

Also, "I much love to go the dating", which I think implies that they aren't serious relationships. Just dating, nothing serious or monogamous.
~AniDragon, aka Riona-chan~

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

I think the question is that if DiDi does have a boyfriend, what would he be like and what would be funnier in terms of the comic... DiDi having the guy you'd expect to be with her... Huge, musclebound etc... or the one you'd not... IE, Gary... ?

NobodySpecial

Post by NobodySpecial »

I wonder if the complainer would have read the first four months of Starslip Crisis and gotten the current storyline out of it. Or Candi, which mutated from 'My boyfriend has a big penis!' to where it's at today. Or PvP, or Order of the Stick, even, which mutated from a 4-panel into something a bit better.

I mean, they can be offended, but I could see them going, 'Ok, I get that Cutter's a drunk and Vanderbeam's stuffy. Can we have some character development now?' I haven't asked in the official thread, but there's no indication that this comic is going to be a magnum opus on the flaws in the Kinsey Report or some grand statement on human nature. Sometimes a comic is just a comic.
"I've always been mad. I know I've been mad like the most of us have. Sometimes I don't know if I'm mad even if I'm not mad." - Jerry Driscoll

"If love is the answer, you're home."

Ray D

Post by Ray D »

I'd say it's more or less official: Zii has one on for DiDi. No surprise, really.