8-28-08 Too fruity (guest strip)

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Re: 8-28-08 Too fruity (guest strip)

Post by Azrael »

aishabe wrote:Would you say that MA3 has a rabid following?
Because it doesn't seem like there are many of us.
At least, not many of us who frequent the forums.
A lot of people who came over from P&A at the beginning appear to have left.
And they always smack talk whenever MA3 comes up in conversation.

Different tastes and different strokes, yadda yadda yadda, I guess. I came over from P&A and I find this strip freaking hilarious :lol: . But then my sense of humour is a bit slanted as well. :P
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Pneumonica

Post by Pneumonica »

Phoenix wrote:
Dumok wrote:Okay, let's put this in perspective, If Zii Likes both boys and girls...it makes her BI-SEXUAL...So it would be perfectly normal for her to sneak a peek at Didi or Dillon, or Gary or anyone else.
Plus the name of the strip is Menage' a 3 the classy way of saying "3some" get it?
Hence there will be at least two out of the three who will be Bisexual...
I disagree entirely. I know plenty of straight people who have had threesomes. Not in the least bit bicurious, and yet did it because their partner wanted to do it.
Actually, I disagree on slightly different grounds. I've known of threesomes where all three persons were very straight. In particular, a guy happened to be dating a woman of considerable libido (I don't mean this as funny, some people have stronger appetite than others), but unfortunately was never quite up to the task of entirely sating her. Thus, by discussion and agreement, they brought in a second guy (whom both of them knew). Neither guy was bisexual, though, and the guy actually had to convince his girlfriend of it (despite the fact that it was, essentially, for her benefit).

EDIT: Errant delete button made a sentence just a little bit vague in meaning...
Further affiant sayeth not.

Giz
Site Admin

Post by Giz »

MA3 actually has more readers than P&A (P&A is usually close to 20,000 daily unique visitors and MA3, 30,000+). Forums aren't good indicators of the size of the readership of a webcomic. They barely make for 1% of the readership. We've grabbed about 6,000 of the P&A readers, the remaining 25,000-30,000+ from elsewhere. These folks might not be as willing to join a forum (but maybe in the future.) We get daily emails with comments, so it's all good :)

aishabe

Post by aishabe »

glagace wrote:
MA3 actually has more readers than P&A (P&A is usually close to 20,000 daily unique visitors and MA3, 30,000+). Forums aren't good indicators of the size of the readership of a webcomic. They barely make for 1% of the readership. We've grabbed about 6,000 of the P&A readers, the remaining 25,000-30,000+ from elsewhere. These folks might not be as willing to join a forum (but maybe in the future.) We get daily emails with comments, so it's all good :)
Wow, that surprises me a lot.
But, yknow. In a good way.
Both are amazing, just in different ways.
Lady High Vice Mistress, Mistress of Vices

oni
BANNED

Post by oni »

Dumok wrote:[...].So it would be perfectly normal for her to sneak a peek at Didi or Dillon, or Gary or anyone else.[...]
Hence there will be at least two out of the three who will be Bisexual...Sheesh why does everything have to be black and white with some folks?[...]
That logic fails. Quite on the contrary Zii simply just a female guy-friend with quirks like all tomboys', she's freaky no doubt about that but not Bi. Picture it this way case scenario "--me, in the dark eating popcorn listening to Pneumonic and Aishabe having sex instead of masturbating" again tell me who does that?
Profile screams, "Crazy. Fun. Enjoy being risque" over "blahblahblah closet homo". Shit man get a clue!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To everyone apparently a Strip fan, nothing personal. Really, I could so care less about what goes on over there on P&A this is Ma3 discussing 8-28-08 Too fruity (guest strip) which is by far the worst "guest" strip he's ever produced! Don't like it tough! Guess what want to know another thing? To bad will tell you anyway; Giselle and Dave produced an excellent well balanced strip @ Waspi for Taylor -- Oh Good God I could just drown in a puddle of my own drool IT'S JUST THAT immaculate.
Again... we're a community and we're political in our own view of what's artistic versus complete utter tripe; People come on these web artist fully well understand no room for error pathetic, poorly produced material with their reputation on the line. To them I say, "Think before assuming with your so called star status having that numero-uno spot on buzz or top pardons shitty workmanship! If I did something horrible like this gag, please, don't EVER spare my feelings. I mean it...
Last edited by oni on Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:00 pm, edited 6 times in total.

aishabe

Post by aishabe »

oni wrote:
Dumok wrote:Okay, let's put this in perspective, If Zii Likes both boys and girls...it makes her BI-SEXUAL...So it would be perfectly normal for her to sneak a peek at Didi or Dillon, or Gary or anyone else. Plus the name of the strip is Menage' a 3 the classy way of saying "3some" get it?
Hence there will be at least two out of the three who will be Bisexual...Sheesh why does everything have to be black and white with some folks?
Now get with the Gary/Deville PRON already...we're waiting.
(Munching on Popcorn)
...WHEN was it EVER established that DiDi like either sex?

She's simply one of those girls with quirks like a man but polar opposite being digging two guys going at it, remember earlier what I posted that yeah the new 'coming out' gag theme is mingled in with other various comedy. Picture it this way me in the dark eating pop-corn while Pneumonic and ashabee going at it(hopefully both females if not...God Help us. Everyone of us); The "way, way, waaay, out there risk taker" not "STILL IN THE CLOSET" character. Shit man get a clue!

Also to the rest was never intending to attack Chris just pointing out he ain't "The New kids on the block" can't be with 5+ years under his belt with multiple webcomics some on hiatus--yes--but plenty still so I could care less about what goes on over there on P&A this is MT3 discussing 8-28-08 Too fruity (guest strip) which is by far the worst he's ever produced! Don't like it tough! Guess what want to know another thing? To bad will tell you anyway, Giselle and Dave did a guest strip over there @ Waspi and would you believe the-the time and care to producing beauty, balance, the texture- Oh Good God I could just drown in a puddle of my own drool IT'S JUST THAT immaculate. This is a community, not a fandom for whiny little bitches, people these artist know the risk, the consequences when posting lame, corny, pathetic, poor excuse of a comic...with their reputation on the line. Think before you assume because of your so called star status for a comic on the number one spot on buzzslug or topwebcomic that shitty material will be ignored or excused. If I did something horrible like this gag, please, don't EVER spare my feelings. I mean it...
...wow.

MerchManDan
Nerd-At-Large (Mostly Harmless)

Post by MerchManDan »

aishabe wrote:...wow.
Heh, that's what I thought. :P

So yeah...I like StripTease, and this interpretation of Ma3 is alright. It's missing some context (why, exactly, is Didi modelling underwear for Zii anyway?), but all in all, I say it's good.
Then again, my pro-scantily-clad-Didi bias is rather well-known on this forum, so my opinion may not be worth much. ;)
Operator of The Penultimate Darkness Pit: Gift Store of the Cavey Cave of Elderly Elders
Exclusive and Singular Seller of The OmniFork!
Fen wrote:Because sometimes one cult is not enough.
Another helpful emoticon: Image Courtesy of yiraheerai

oni
BANNED

Post by oni »

*Groans* This is what I get for sharing computer with family in this household; Therefore will hang solely in 'Fan Art' from here on out...can't stand editing my comments just too time consuming but eh, what's said is said regret nothing. :geek:

aishabe

Post by aishabe »

oni wrote:*Groans* This is what I get for sharing computer with family in this household; Therefore will hang solely in 'Fan Art' from here on out...can't stand editing my comments just too time consuming but eh, what's said is said regret nothing. :geek:

Oh, nobody's belittling your comments.
It was just like... whoa.
Or, like I said, wow.

oni
BANNED

Post by oni »

aishabe wrote:
oni wrote:*Groans* This is what I get for sharing computer with family in this household; Therefore will hang solely in 'Fan Art' from here on out...can't stand editing my comments just too time consuming but eh, what's said is said regret nothing. :geek:

Oh, nobody's belittling your comments.
It was just like... whoa.
Or, like I said, wow.
Belittle? Ha, naw just irritated by the constant editing due to crappy connection is my only grief. Haha!