Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Dave Zero1

8-28-08 Too fruity (guest strip)

Post by Dave Zero1 »

dianekikiula

Re: 8-28-08 Too fruity (guest strip)

Post by dianekikiula »

Wow, Chris actually got a comic up on time. But can he do it with his own comic? (Don't get me wrong, I like both his comics a lot - they're just seem to never be posted at a set time.)

So does this comic settle the question of whether Zii is into Didi? :)

Dave Zero1

Post by Dave Zero1 »

We didn't write any of the guest strips, so the official position is that Chris seems to think so. :lol:

Zook

Post by Zook »

I didn't get the sharp feeling of amusement I get from most of the others. However it was a playful nod to the Zi/DiDi lovers (of which i am one). I love playful romantic lesbian themed interaction and this one provided it. Thanks.

oni
BANNED

Post by oni »

This is the second artist that's drawn Didi completely wrong! LOOKS to me like he just half-ass it, inked it, then run a dry gag with typecasting stereotype implying there being i.e. lesbian-esque thing going on. The routine is getting old so very stale real fast!

Giz n D.Z. "comical illusion" skills throwing out this constant flow of imbalances at their fictional actors (Zii, Didi, Gary); Immediately showing how the characters interact to clique, evolving the story is beginning to be fun to read. Yes it has a modern day twist with everyone out now but this still screams old school comedy so everything falls back 60's-80's The Benny Hill Show with the ending Yakity-yak saxaphone playing in the background; Please people stop ruining the comedy with dry stereotyping material damn whipper snappers!
:ugeek:

Gredinus

Post by Gredinus »

Oni, every artist has his own stlye..

oni
BANNED

Post by oni »

True. You are right about that Gred, I tried pulling back little bit and remain neutral best as possible.

Shadrach

Post by Shadrach »

I like it. Zii is particularly well-drawn.

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

I really don't know about this guest strip... the gags just far too obvious even from the first panel and the overall style seems kinda half assed like the entire thing was put together in less then 20 minutes... I mean, DiDi's legs in the second panel... She's got thundercalfs! That and Zii, even though more attention has been paid to drawing her... She looks like a muscular guy with a weird haircut rather then the skinny rock chick we know and love.

Swing and a miss for this guest strip sorry.

NobodySpecial

Post by NobodySpecial »

The 'skinny rock chick' has a nice ass, but at least two characters in the strip have thought of her as male.

It DOES look a bit rushed in detail, but seeing as how they were nice enough to do a guest strip, I refuse to rip them for not making look as nice as Gis.
"I've always been mad. I know I've been mad like the most of us have. Sometimes I don't know if I'm mad even if I'm not mad." - Jerry Driscoll

"If love is the answer, you're home."

Kevin

Post by Kevin »

I thought it was a cute little strip.

Guest strips need to be one-off jokes like this, they have to be outside of continuity and you only get as long as you get, with is usually one page/strip. This one was fine, and it was funny.

Thanks Chris!
If you would be interested in a funny fantasy adventure webcomic, read Heroes of Lesser Earth now, before it becomes cool and everyone starts doing it!

brnleague99
Location: Carrollton, Georgia (Otherwise Known As Downtown Hell)

Post by brnleague99 »

dianekikiula wrote:Wow, Chris actually got a comic up on time. But can he do it with his own comic? (Don't get me wrong, I like both his comics a lot - they're just seem to never be posted at a set time.)

IF ANYONE screams "It's alternate universe, it doesn't count!" I swear by Buddha I will hit them with a whiskey bottle.

It counts! Oh sweet fluffy bunnies, it counts!

*sobs and goes fetal*

:mrgreen:
Anti-Yuki till the grave claims me...

Kid Kool (1988) for the Nintendo Entertainment System is GROSSLY underrated. Sure the concept could've been presented a little better, but it doesn't deserve the hate it gets in some circles.

dianekikiula

Post by dianekikiula »

brnleague99 wrote:
dianekikiula wrote:Wow, Chris actually got a comic up on time. But can he do it with his own comic? (Don't get me wrong, I like both his comics a lot - they're just seem to never be posted at a set time.)

IF ANYONE screams "It's alternate universe, it doesn't count!" I swear by Buddha I will hit them with a whiskey bottle.

*sobs and goes fetal*

Dave the writer already said he didn't script the guest strips. It doesn't count. Sorry. *pat pat*

brnleague99
Location: Carrollton, Georgia (Otherwise Known As Downtown Hell)

Post by brnleague99 »

dianekikiula wrote:
brnleague99 wrote:

*sobs and goes fetal*

Dave the writer already said he didn't script the guest strips. It doesn't count. Sorry. *pat pat*
Hmmm, I've thrown out all the whiskey bottles. How about a Bacardi 151 bottle?

:D
Anti-Yuki till the grave claims me...

Kid Kool (1988) for the Nintendo Entertainment System is GROSSLY underrated. Sure the concept could've been presented a little better, but it doesn't deserve the hate it gets in some circles.

aishabe

Post by aishabe »

Okay, then these are all officially non-canon? Okay.
I actually wasn't expecting the last panel.
But then, I'm dumb.
Cute, though. (The strip, not me.)
Lady High Vice Mistress, Mistress of Vices