8-28-08 Too fruity (guest strip)

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Phoenix

Re: 8-28-08 Too fruity (guest strip)

Post by Phoenix »

DiDi's breasts look oddly drawn...

I was fine with the strip until the last bit. Sorry - Just can't see Zii doing that. I don't think she's slightly homosexual - I just think she's envious of DiDi's tits. Plain and simple. Got tons of friends who are just like her. They'd help a friend pick out underwear, but they wouldn't enjoy checking them out...

So, 2nd time in a row, I don't like it. :(

Ray D

Post by Ray D »

First, thanks to the artist for doing this. Guest strips are not a bad idea. Also, for anyone slanging the art, please remember that cartooning is a HELL of a lot harder than it looks. I know, because I tried to do it years ago.

That said, I think DiDi's proportions may be a little off here (No, not in THAT way, you filthy-minded swine). The head looks a little small, the limbs a little long. I don't mind the style, though; I find the big googly eyes rather appealing. And it is a fairly funny idea.

Hmm, didn't realize that these were supposed to be non-canonical. I think this strip might have worked a little better (and even 'fit' canonically, as the last one sort of could) as a dream sequence in Zii's head. DiDi may well be bringing up whatever lez instincts Zii has, and a troubling-but-exciting dream about DiDi would cover that. At this stage, I'm not sure that making the DiDi-Zii attraction/connection too explicit/obvious is a good idea.

Still, it is also interesting that both of the first two guest strips were on this theme. Obviously, some of the other artists who know this strip have been picking up the same vibe as the audience has. I wonder what strip No. 3 will be?

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

Ray D wrote:Still, it is also interesting that both of the first two guest strips were on this theme. Obviously, some of the other artists who know this strip have been picking up the same vibe as the audience has. I wonder what strip No. 3 will be?
If its Gary and the landlady, I'll get the petition started for Giz to never go away again.

ShadowRaven

Post by ShadowRaven »

It's not right. Now if she where trying on bikini tops. THAT I could see Zii doing this over. Epic Boobies!!!1one!!

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Bear wrote:
Ray D wrote:Still, it is also interesting that both of the first two guest strips were on this theme. Obviously, some of the other artists who know this strip have been picking up the same vibe as the audience has. I wonder what strip No. 3 will be?
If its Gary and the landlady, I'll get the petition started for Giz to never go away again.

Good God! :lol: I just snorked tea up my nose. Be careful what you ask for Bear. :P
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Pneumonica

Post by Pneumonica »

aishabe wrote:But then, I'm dumb.
Cute, though. (The strip, not me.)
Now you're submitting facts not in evidence. :D
However, agreed on the strip - I did rather enjoy it. While I admit I miss the Dave/Giz style, the guest strips have been their own flavor of amusing. I'm looking forward to the Gary/Deville hentai pr0n third strip. :P
Further affiant sayeth not.

poo-poo-face

Post by poo-poo-face »

Pneumonica wrote:
However, agreed on the strip - I did rather enjoy it. While I admit I miss the Dave/Giz style, the guest strips have been their own flavor of amusing. I'm looking forward to the Gary/Deville hentai pr0n third strip. :P
Ahahah! I can't wait for that one either! :lol:
i like cheese.

SaBomJon

Post by SaBomJon »

All appreciation of an artist's style of art and/or drawing is left up to the individual reader. All artists have their different take on characters and situations......

Ok, now that the aforementioned has been reiterated and established....I really have to agree with oni's reaction to this strip. I wasn't too thrilled with the artwork...which is something I can take or leave for the most part, but I agree that the writing was quite off! G&D have a great quality to this strip that seems to be sorely misinterpreted by this artist. G&D have a sense of subtlety to the sexual overtones that occur here, where this was a little too overt, not to mention misleading. Yes, Zii has an unusual fascination with DiDi's bosoms, but come on....it's not like she's trying to oggle and drool over them in every strip!

Kudos to ShadowRaven for correctly identifying that they should be trying on bras! Well done! Your insight serves you well.
"Try not! DO, or do not.....there is no 'try'!"

www.sa-bomjimcomic.com

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

poo-poo-face wrote:
Pneumonica wrote:
Ahahah! I can't wait for that one either! :lol:
Good Gods! What have I made people envision!! :o

*Gets the comic book rights sent in early and waits for the moola to flood in*

Dumok

Post by Dumok »

Okay, let's put this in perspective, If Zii Likes both boys and girls...it makes her BI-SEXUAL...So it would be perfectly normal for her to sneak a peek at Didi or Dillon, or Gary or anyone else.
Plus the name of the strip is Menage' a 3 the classy way of saying "3some" get it?
Hence there will be at least two out of the three who will be Bisexual...Sheesh why does everything have to be black and white with some folks?
Now get with the Gary/Deville PRON already...we're waiting.
(Munching on Popcorn)
Welcome to the World of Sucks to be you, Hope you enjoy your day!-Jaren Gaal, A Call to Destiny

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Dumok wrote:Okay, let's put this in perspective, If Zii Likes both boys and girls...it makes her BI-SEXUAL...So it would be perfectly normal for her to sneak a peek at Didi or Dillon, or Gary or anyone else.
Plus the name of the strip is Menage' a 3 the classy way of saying "3some" get it?
Hence there will be at least two out of the three who will be Bisexual...
I disagree entirely. I know plenty of straight people who have had threesomes. Not in the least bit bicurious, and yet did it because their partner wanted to do it.

Ray D

Post by Ray D »

Pneumonica wrote: I'm looking forward to the Gary/Deville hentai pr0n third strip. :P
Oh, God, I wish you hadn't written that. Now I have to go scour my brain.

Stratburst

Post by Stratburst »

I think the haters should lay off. Gisele has had a rough time getting guest artists for her comics, especially with Penny & Aggie because her fans have a bad reputation for tearing into any guest artists. For instance, Something Positive's RKM has stated he will not guest on P&A again after the hate mail he received while guesting on that strip.

While Chris Daily's art isn't as strong as Gisele's (+1 to whomever called out the super-long arms on Didi in the 2nd and 3rd panels), I'm just grateful to whoever subs on M3 for Gisele during her week off. Thanks for the comic, Chris! :)
"This is a sex farce, people. There's going to be a certain-amount of bed-hopping going on. If that really disturbs anyone, then my advice to them is to stick to Family Circle and Garfield." - Oarboar

SaBomJon

Post by SaBomJon »

Hey, I'm all for a guest artist to make an appearance. I just think that they should really know the characters, and if in doubt, talk directly to the writers/artists to approve the material before going through with it. There should be some editing process by the writers/artists to see how well it plays in their universe. I know the last thing D & G want is to have someone cast their creation in a bad light.

When you put something out to be read by the public, especially for someone with a rabid following, there is a huge chance of receiving a lot of flak. Readers can be even more overprotective of characters than the actual creators/writers/artists. Change things even slightly, and the backlash can be nasty!
"Try not! DO, or do not.....there is no 'try'!"

www.sa-bomjimcomic.com

aishabe

Post by aishabe »

Would you say that MA3 has a rabid following?
Because it doesn't seem like there are many of us.
At least, not many of us who frequent the forums.
A lot of people who came over from P&A at the beginning appear to have left.
And they always smack talk whenever MA3 comes up in conversation.
Lady High Vice Mistress, Mistress of Vices