8-23-08 Drawmaster-Pro 5000

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

sebastian

Re: 8-23-08 Drawmaster-Pro 5000

Post by sebastian »

Nell wrote:I can't help but wonder how they managed to put it through that particular test without *falling off* though... but maybe angle of the drawing table is adjustable?
Maybe they didn't tried it on *that* specific table, maybe they used the one exposed at the store :D (well, you test a product before to buy it, don't you? )

Nell

Post by Nell »

sebastian wrote:
Nell wrote:I can't help but wonder how they managed to put it through that particular test without *falling off* though... but maybe angle of the drawing table is adjustable?
Maybe they didn't tried it on *that* specific table, maybe they used the one exposed at the store :D (well, you test a product before to buy it, don't you? )
Considering the way Dillon looked as he exited the room, with his shirt half off and that 'just got laid' hairdo, I doubt that very much. ;)

sebastian

Post by sebastian »

Bear wrote:
IS_Wolf wrote:
dianekikiula wrote:I think we all saw this coming.
Bear didn't, if I had to hazard a guess based upon the thread of the previous strip. :P
Actually, if you look at the thread for the strip two issues ago where they arrive, I was the first one to spot they were carrying the desk box, So I did call it right in that they DID assemble and bring a new desk for him, and first to call it for that matter.
*cough*cough* 8-) ;)
no biggie, nobody noticed it even in that thread. :)

sebastian

Post by sebastian »

Nell wrote:
sebastian wrote:
Considering the way Dillon looked as he exited the room, with his shirt half off and that 'just got laid' hairdo, I doubt that very much. ;)
Maybe he just removed the shirt while mounting the table, so he would not sweat on it. :roll:

ShadowRaven

Post by ShadowRaven »

Okay. I think Gary is going to need to be blond in the next update after scoureing himself with peroxide and bleach, then scourieng the table with bleach, and finally scoureing Matt and Dillon's backsides with a splintery 2x4

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

sebastian wrote:*cough*cough* 8-) ;)
no biggie, nobody noticed it even in that thread. :)
Okay... when did you sneak back and edit that while I wasn't looking? lol

Zook

Post by Zook »

Funfact: The advertisement at the top of the page FOR THIS THREAD?

For a drawing table company of course.

It was when I was perusing this thread anyway. What do you suppose the odds are they know? LOL

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Post by Dirty n Evil »

I fully expect Gary in the future to be sitting at this drawing table, pausing for inspiration to hit him, and getting a mental picture of Dillon & Matt on the table in thought bubbles. Then leaving his room with that "Ewww" expression again, only to find Zii and Didi involved in some hijinks.

Y'know, there are times when it's best not to share information like this about your friend's furniture. I won't go into details, but let's just say my then fiancee's roomie in college wouldn't like to know what her drawing stool was involved in one weekend while she was away. ;) Still, the two of us did smirk quite a bit whenever we saw her sitting at it for the rest of the school year...
Tied 1st Place of "What Would You Do To Win A Ma3 Contest" Contest (Aug '09) / Winner of Cutest Forumite Contest (Male Division) (Sept '09)
Winner of FRANKIES Awards Contest (Feb '10) Winner in Noms & Exemplary Divisions / Winner of 'The Contest For the Next Contest' Contest (Jul '10)
Winner of Wet T-Shirt Guys Division (Jul '10) / Winner of Lonely Hearts Contest (Feb '11)

Ray D

Post by Ray D »

Very funny.

Yes, most of us saw this one coming. That's an indication that we are getting to really know these characters; knowing them, we can guess what they're likely to do. Matt and Dillon are merry pranksters, as we've already learned, so their use of the drawing table for non-artistic purposes is not a big surprise.

So, since we saw it coming, what makes it funny? Gary's face in that last panel. Once again, it's the expressions and the artwork that deliver the laughs. The writing is the setup, the art is the punchline. That's classic comic strip collaboration. Great job again, Dave and Giz.

SaBomJon

Post by SaBomJon »

Personally, this strip cemented my disdain for these two. Their antics on the table were completely uncalled for. What, do they think that they'll be getting free rein to boff their brains out on the table every time they come over to the apartment? I am seriously waiting for something to happen to these two, and soon! Gary has been put through the wringer here, and I am praying that he gets his revenge!

To me, it's like they were on the verge of doing good, then do nothing but crap all over everything. Their attitudes and actions are really irritating and self-indulgent. These two characters, in my opinion, are doing nothing that contributes any quality to this strip anymore. It's starting to get more and more tasteless with each consecutive strip they appear in. Their welcome has been more than worn out, it's become obnoxious.

I hate to sound like a worn-out recording here, but these two characters are holding back the potential of this strip yet again....I was pleased to see the story get interesting with the the introduction of Mme. DeVille and seeing the three settle into their new situation...all Matt and Dillon are doing is dragging the story down again. These two are a one-trick pony whose trick has been played out! It's time to move on, and leave these two in the dust!
"Try not! DO, or do not.....there is no 'try'!"

www.sa-bomjimcomic.com

Luvrofcats

Post by Luvrofcats »

I'm still waiting for Gary to snap and throw those two out on their ass. Of course they'll think he's the asshole, no surprise there.

Dumok

Post by Dumok »

Are you Kidding? The set up and punchline was GOLDEN...
It was a great moment of Comedy.
Welcome to the World of Sucks to be you, Hope you enjoy your day!-Jaren Gaal, A Call to Destiny

Dryope

Post by Dryope »

Dumok wrote:Are you Kidding? The set up and punchline was GOLDEN...
I concur. It was a fabulous moment of comedy. =D

Gary really just needs to get a tablet and forget this drawing table business. =p

I wonder how much that thing cost, though? It really sounds top of the line! M&D may have trouble controlling their impulses, but they're certainly generous with their money.
ImageImage

IS_Wolf

Post by IS_Wolf »

Bear wrote: . And for the second point I never at any point said they weren't going to test the new desk out, just we couldn't jump to the conclusion that they had.
If, you have a fox inside of your henhouse, then it's rather silly to think that it won't try and eat some of the chickens inside of it. No different from those two and the likelihood of them having sex on the new drawing table.

Now if the next strip has Matt saying, just kidding, then they're a wee bit less of a duo of jackasses, then they currently are. Teasing is one thing, respecting other's people property and all that jazz is another.

And yup, Zii didn't show them that much respect either with her voyeurism, still not a valid excuse for them being disrespectful towards Gary though. Zii's had her share of karmic retribution already with the whole young man and flashing folks thing. Now it's their turn.

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

SaBomJon wrote: I hate to sound like a worn-out recording here, but these two characters are holding back the potential of this strip yet again....I was pleased to see the story get interesting with the the introduction of Mme. DeVille and seeing the three settle into their new situation...all Matt and Dillon are doing is dragging the story down again. These two are a one-trick pony whose trick has been played out! It's time to move on, and leave these two in the dust!
Now I don't agree with the veiw that they've been holding back the strip, or that they are a one trick pony as alot of people love a good running gag. Most people on the forum will agree that every strip they've appear in has been funny, and they've help show aspects of the other characters personality, and to alot of members they are well loved characters. However, I do agree that Gary is due some revenge on them for all they've put him through lately. Fair enough that even the most mild mannered person can shrug off alot of what they've done as typical males acts, but heck... Gary's going to need one of those thermometer takes for himself pretty soon with all the shocks they've been giving him.
Dumok wrote:Are you Kidding? The set up and punchline was GOLDEN...
And thats exactly why they're loved. Bad acts aside, they're comedy gold.