8-21-08 We got a surprise for you!

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

njbarsuli13

Re: 8-21-08 We got a surprise for you!

Post by njbarsuli13 »

Holy shit, everyone.

I check up on this forum every day, and I sign on today to see all of this crap? What the hell?

Firstly, I would like to point out that Matt and Dillon haven't really been "jerks" as you all are so eager to point out. They've broken his drawing table, which is a pretty extreme thing, but they did take responsibility for that, and if our predictions have been correct, they have also replaced the aforementioned drawing table with a new one. Considering the fact that this new one is new and was probably expensive, they may have perhaps done Gary a huge favor. The fact that you are all so quick to decide that these characters are horrible people is what makes others assume that you are homophobes.

Now, for all of you others, you do have to realize where they are coming from. Although these Matt-and-Dillon-haters cannot seem to show compassion for a couple of characters, this does not mean that these people are unable to show compassion for all gay people. This is a common logical fallacy: because A hates B, A hates all B's. Jumping to conclusions like this will not help anyone, and this stupid argument is going to go on forever.

Why can't we all just get along?

DMoness

Post by DMoness »

back ontopic.

Well they might or might not have sex in Gary's room but having put some ikea furniture together myself i can say that that makes someone really sweaty and warm (especially if the room is not that big and not enough refreshing air is circulating). Knowing Matt and Dillon they would not mind taken their shirts of in front of each other.

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

People are misinterpreting me.

I don't hate them for being gay. I hate them for being horrible people, based upon how they've acted so far. If they've replaced his table, that's a start. They still left him high-and-dry for two new housemates. A friend doesn't do that to a friend. :roll: But if they've fucked in his room/bed/on the new table, then to me, that just puts them right down at the bottom of the character list for me.

At the end of the day, it's a comic, as has been pointed out, and people are taking this too seriously for my liking! I'm sure Giz and Dave love that we're getting so emotive over their characters, but I'm quite sure they don't want hatred here, either.

in the words of someone probably smarter than me; Can't we all just...get along?

njbarsuli13

Post by njbarsuli13 »

To Dmoness: Hahaha...doubtful.

Even if they did have sex in the room...they've already had sex in that room before, remember? Didi took Gary's room. In fact, Gary has not yet slept in that room. Gary simply has all of his things in this room that either belonged to Dillon or Matt before. Thus, Matt and Dillon have probably already had sex in this room.

So...yeah. *shrug*

njbarsuli13

Post by njbarsuli13 »

To Phoenix: Yes, a truce is definitely called for from both sides.

See here, all readers:

I, a gay male, and Phoenix (one previously called a "homophobe") are able to agree on this: Stop with the annoying arguments about nothingness!

Thus...shouldn't we all be able to agree?

DMoness

Post by DMoness »

njbarsuli13 wrote:To Dmoness: Hahaha...doubtful.
Lol trying to give it a positive turn :twisted:
We will just have to wait a little while to find out what really happened.

And I agree what other have said it is just a webcomic , in it we accept things we would never do irl. The webcomic is for fun let us keep it fun :D

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

The point I was trying to make is that luvrofcats comes across with the attitude of hating them because they are gay based on his experience of gay people. Thats homophobic and not on. Hating them because they've done a few bad things, while still not on in my veiw I accept as its valid to dislike people for a few bad acts.

However, as has been pointed out and as a point I've been trying to state, Matt and Dillion do not deserve the hate thats been directed at them by some people for what boils down to just 2 main acts. That and being fictional characters, some people are treating them like they are Hitler or something which is what I'm getting so annoyed with because they're made up and haven't done anything seriously horrible or sick like some sort of satanic murder spree...

Anyway. I'm going to leave it at that.

SaBomJon

Post by SaBomJon »

My disdain for these two stems from their actions....of which I have found less than favorable, regardless of which way they swing sexually. As I pointed out...jerks are jerks, all races,creeds, orientations, genders, etc. Their callous disregard of other people's feelings and their constant boundary issues are enough to irk my ire.

I believe the reason it hits so close to home is that it seems as if a lot of readers and posters on the forum here are vividly reminded of incidents that involve similar people and/or similar situations. The impact of which directs the ferocity of the reaction.

When I have reacted negatively, I have tried to make sure to explain where I am seeing the reasons for this to support my reaction. I try to follow the idea that one should be able to back up one's argument. I have written out my viewpoints on these two many times, and I see why they are there....more outside forces to mess with Gary and motivate the storylines that drive this comic. I just simply do not care for these fictional characters when more quality time and writing can be spent on the better and more interesting characters in this strip. Nuff said.
"Try not! DO, or do not.....there is no 'try'!"

www.sa-bomjimcomic.com

aishabe

Post by aishabe »

Dave Zero1 wrote:
aishabe wrote:
How about "The Taste of Tea"? Anyone seen that one?
Long, boring, but satisfying in the end.
Taste of tea, Long? Boring? Oh Hells No! Everything about that movie is oodles of awesomeness!
it was my #1 movie of 2005.
And I was lucky enough to have seen a 35mm projection of it on the Big screen.
And to think I almost didn't go see it... I woulda kicked myself for years.
DON'T GET ME WRONG!
At the end I appreciated it more than while I was watching it.
I just didn't GET it, until I saw the whole thing for what it was.
It was the first movie to ever make me cry (with the grandpa thing... yeah).
AND I'VE SEEN TITANIC. ALL pre- and postpubescent girls cry at Titanic, so that tells you something.
But yeah, I mostly go for anime and manga.
Such as Azumanga Daioh, the manga for that makes me CRY with laughter.

And can't we get rid of this discussion, go back to good old Japanese cinema conversation?
If that guy's a homophobe, I doubt any of us can change his mind about the subject, just like he can't change our opinions.
Lady High Vice Mistress, Mistress of Vices

ShadowRaven

Post by ShadowRaven »

Azumanga Daioh, now there is something we can talk about. I so want a set of clip on pigtails.

and with Azumanga Daioh in mind...well I hope this works

Luvrofcats

Post by Luvrofcats »

Chiyo-chan and Osaka always fill my heart with warm happy feelings.

aishabe

Post by aishabe »

ShadowRaven wrote:Azumanga Daioh, now there is something we can talk about. I so want a set of clip on pigtails.

and with Azumanga Daioh in mind...well I hope this works

OSAKA!!!
CHIYO!!!
They are love.
Though I have to admit, most of my laughs come from Tomo bothering Yomi, or Yukari bothering Nyamo.
Lady High Vice Mistress, Mistress of Vices

oni
BANNED

Post by oni »

Not one but Two guys defiling my Virgin sanctuary where soon was to be menu featuring mouth watering new pallet of MT3 goodness; Oh, yep ass-whooping all around but since it's Gary not a problem he'll understand that its love. ...Eventually. :lol:
Last edited by oni on Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

SaBomJon wrote:My disdain for these two stems from their actions....of which I have found less than favorable, regardless of which way they swing sexually. As I pointed out...jerks are jerks, all races,creeds, orientations, genders, etc. Their callous disregard of other people's feelings and their constant boundary issues are enough to irk my ire.
Yet Zii, who has displayed the same, if not worse boundry issues and mockery, hasn't born the brunt of any of your ire at all?
I believe the reason it hits so close to home is that it seems as if a lot of readers and posters on the forum here are vividly reminded of incidents that involve similar people and/or similar situations. The impact of which directs the ferocity of the reaction.
Which is what annoys me as they're judging fictional characters based on events which they've had nothing to do with, or taken part in except for happening too to be gay and doing very few of same acts. You can't hate a person for a small sliver of their personality because they remind you of someone else.

My best friend IRL for instance. To see him on a night out you'd think he was the biggest male slut on the planet and a massive alcoholic. Hence you'd judge him an ass for those few acts. Yet... you wouldn't know he's in the army and has seen front line action, that he sends money home to his mother, that when he has a serious girlfriend he lavishes attention on her, or that he used to volunteer for an animal charity. Again my point that judging Matt and Dillion poorly using the example of someone else is highly wrong.
When I have reacted negatively, I have tried to make sure to explain where I am seeing the reasons for this to support my reaction. I try to follow the idea that one should be able to back up one's argument. I have written out my viewpoints on these two many times, and I see why they are there....more outside forces to mess with Gary and motivate the storylines that drive this comic. I just simply do not care for these fictional characters when more quality time and writing can be spent on the better and more interesting characters in this strip. Nuff said.
And thats perfectly fair and valid as you have made it clear that you dislike them for what you have seen in the comic, not because you are judging them for other reasons which some other people have. I don't have a problem at all with you disliking them as your doing it for valid reasons... not luvrofcat's " Gay people I know are asses, Matt and Dillion are Gay, therefore they are asses" reasoning.

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

Edit: Deleted becaue of double post.
Last edited by Bear on Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.