8-16-08 A sweet pair

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

dianekikiula

Re: 8-16-08 A sweet pair

Post by dianekikiula »

SaBomJon wrote: I also have fellow geek buddies who are also married, and have children...but listening in to our conversations, you'd know we were a couple of huge geeks! Marriage and children do not cure geekdom, it merely helps to procreate the next generation of geeks.
You know, that's great to hear. A lot of my gaming group is marrying off and/or procreating, and I worry that the gaming will fall by the wayside.

(With that, I go back to knitting a giant fuzzy d6 for the future geek due next month ... :lol: )

njbarsuli13

Post by njbarsuli13 »

MerchManDan wrote:
Scaramouche wrote: Sadly, for people with moral standards, it's not so easy to get sex. Some of us can't just walk into a nightclub, have a few drinks, and have sex with some virtual stranger, as seems to be the common thing in Western culture these days.
Hey, now. Just because some people are OK with casual sex, that doesn't make them morally inferior. Let's keep all punches above the belt, please.
And before anybody asks: No, I've never had a one-night-stand (or "meaningless sex") either.
Seconded!

Retiarius

Post by Retiarius »

SaBomJon wrote:
Retiarius wrote:If he was ever a geek, he was cured by having a family. Money and power does sometimes cure geekery that way. :mrgreen:
Ok, ok, I'll concede that money and power are pretty big cures to geekdom, but I really have to question the idea about marriage being a major geek-kill. I have been married for almost 3 great years, and I am still as much a geek as I was beforehand, even more by my wife's standards. My wife may roll her eyes and shake her head at some of the things I say or do, but she definitely knew who and what I was (and still am!)before she said "yes".

I also have fellow geek buddies who are also married, and have children...but listening in to our conversations, you'd know we were a couple of huge geeks! Marriage and children do not cure geekdom, it merely helps to procreate the next generation of geeks.
Heh. Geek genes are mostly recessive and gender-linked to the male of the species. It’s possible the females to carry the geek genes (such are often classified as gamer grrls), but their numbers are few enough that their numbers are insufficient, in and of themselves, to replenish the geek population. No one knows quite how enough new geeks appear each generation; some conspiracy theorists postulate genetic warfare by aliens to destroy humanity’s ability to reproduce. :twisted:
I think outside the tesseract.

dianekikiula

Post by dianekikiula »

Retiarius wrote:Heh. Geek genes are mostly recessive and gender-linked to the male of the species. It’s possible the females to carry the geek genes (such are often classified as gamer grrls), but their numbers are few enough that their numbers are insufficient, in and of themselves, to replenish the geek population. No one knows quite how enough new geeks appear each generation; some conspiracy theorists postulate genetic warfare by aliens to destroy humanity’s ability to reproduce. :twisted:
... Don't do that to my biological clock. :?

brnleague99
Location: Carrollton, Georgia (Otherwise Known As Downtown Hell)

Post by brnleague99 »

dianekikiula wrote:
Retiarius wrote:Heh. Geek genes are mostly recessive and gender-linked to the male of the species. It’s possible the females to carry the geek genes (such are often classified as gamer grrls), but their numbers are few enough that their numbers are insufficient, in and of themselves, to replenish the geek population. No one knows quite how enough new geeks appear each generation; some conspiracy theorists postulate genetic warfare by aliens to destroy humanity’s ability to reproduce. :twisted:
You're lucky I showed up, with my new invention, The Big B's Biological Clock Rejuvination Spray. Comes in Ocean Breeze and Country Garden scent. Guaranteed to protect any biological clock from fiendish acts of Man. Or your money back!

:D
Anti-Yuki till the grave claims me...

Kid Kool (1988) for the Nintendo Entertainment System is GROSSLY underrated. Sure the concept could've been presented a little better, but it doesn't deserve the hate it gets in some circles.

Retiarius

Post by Retiarius »

dianekikiula wrote:
Do what? :mrgreen: <Grandpa Simpson>It’s aliens, I tells ya. A-a-a-aliens! </Grandpa Simpson>
  • Are biological clocks adjusted for Daylight Savings Time?
  • If a biological clock stops, is it still right twice a day?
  • Is the time zone important for a biological clock?
  • Can you update biological clocks by means of an NTP server?
  • Do biological clocks have snooze buttons?
I think outside the tesseract.