14-08-08 Stop looking at me like that

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Pneumonica

Re: 8-14-08 Choice piece of ass

Post by Pneumonica »

I would like to point out that the whole "I'm not a boy goldangit" thing is not out unpredictable from prior strips. She was, after all, the last girl in her class to get boobs. Being that I dig androgyny, I don't know why she dislikes it, but everybody has their own tastes.
Further affiant sayeth not.

vince3

Post by vince3 »

Well, when you look at her from the front, especially when looking at both Gary and DiDi, and double especially if she's in Temper Tantrum mode 20.........., she does look like a boy........... :|

midgetshrimp
Modly Pirate Jesus

Post by midgetshrimp »

Zii looks cute when she's mad. Not when she's screaming. Just when she's mad. That would be panel 2, not 4. And I see a little Carol Burnett on panel 3. Tug o the ear, perhaps?
Exuberant High Captain Mod-siah of the Elder Council, Grand Official Bard.
Who needs sex when you have Menage a 3?

brnleague99
Location: Carrollton, Georgia (Otherwise Known As Downtown Hell)

Post by brnleague99 »

Pneumonica wrote:
Kamino Neko wrote:Zii needs to start going around topless to prove her non-boy-ness.

:twisted:
Bottomless, actually. Topless proves nothing, at least not on this forum. :roll:

And incidentally, having had it commented that my mother has beautiful daughters (my mother has only one daughter), I can kind of empathize, but I also know that most of those errors occur due to bad eyesight.
Let's have a show of hands.

Who votes for "DiDi and Zii in a nude embrace?"

:D

*counts*

Hmmmm....that what I thought. I was off by two.
Anti-Yuki till the grave claims me...

Kid Kool (1988) for the Nintendo Entertainment System is GROSSLY underrated. Sure the concept could've been presented a little better, but it doesn't deserve the hate it gets in some circles.

ShadowRaven

Post by ShadowRaven »

I think Zii is going to need to prove she's a girl to Gary, prove she's a girl and make him a man.

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Post by Dirty n Evil »

Personally, I think Zii is upset over this comment for two very different reasons -

Firstly, I think it upset her that she make a true and genuine effort to be polite and outgoing to Mme. DeVille. What did she get in return? Cantakerous old lady who commented in a way as to make her gender dubious. That would tick anyone off.

Secondly, I think Zii is a bit sensitive about her perceived gender. To start out with, she's very proud of her cute butt and doesn't mind pointing it out to Gary in order to get the apartment. Then she encounters the goddess that is Didi, and obviously feels the instantly monopoly of attention she was getting from Gary nearly become nonexistant in comparison. Plus, I believe she might be experiencing some attraction towards Didi that she wasn't expecting from herself - as I pointed out in a previous post, Zii might be of the open minded attitude that she doesn't mind who you take to your bed but she didn't expect it of herself to be attracted to another girl. So Zii is feeling a bit vulnerable, and wanting to help cement her feminine identity.

I think Zii is a very reactionary individual - it wouldn't surprise me in the least that she might try something to reassert herself in her own perception as a sexy heterosexual girl, and an inexperienced male virgin is an easy target in that circumstance.
Tied 1st Place of "What Would You Do To Win A Ma3 Contest" Contest (Aug '09) / Winner of Cutest Forumite Contest (Male Division) (Sept '09)
Winner of FRANKIES Awards Contest (Feb '10) Winner in Noms & Exemplary Divisions / Winner of 'The Contest For the Next Contest' Contest (Jul '10)
Winner of Wet T-Shirt Guys Division (Jul '10) / Winner of Lonely Hearts Contest (Feb '11)

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Post by Dirty n Evil »

Hmmm - 1st clone of my post. Editted to delete it.
Last edited by Dirty n Evil on Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tied 1st Place of "What Would You Do To Win A Ma3 Contest" Contest (Aug '09) / Winner of Cutest Forumite Contest (Male Division) (Sept '09)
Winner of FRANKIES Awards Contest (Feb '10) Winner in Noms & Exemplary Divisions / Winner of 'The Contest For the Next Contest' Contest (Jul '10)
Winner of Wet T-Shirt Guys Division (Jul '10) / Winner of Lonely Hearts Contest (Feb '11)

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Post by Dirty n Evil »

2nd clone of my post. Editted to delete it.

dianekikiula

Post by dianekikiula »

Dirty n Evil wrote:I think Zii is a bit sensitive about her perceived gender. To start out with, she's very proud of her cute butt and doesn't mind pointing it out to Gary in order to get the apartment. Then she encounters the goddess that is Didi, and obviously feels the instantly monopoly of attention she was getting from Gary nearly become nonexistant in comparison.
She might also have been teased for developing last in her class. Believe me, I know how it feels to have one's chest picked on - or even to be dumped because of smallness. (Well-endowed female acquaintance in high school: "You're so flat, the walls are jealous!") Her perceived gender could be a very touchy subject.

MegaJar

Post by MegaJar »

I think we may be reading into this a bit too much. Personally, I think just about ANYONE would be offended if someone mistook them for the opposite gender. It basically indicates that whatever measures you may have taken to make yourself attractive to the opposite sex, such as makeup or sexy clothes, have completely and utterly failed. Such a comment implies that not only isn't Zii an attractive woman, it's unclear that she even IS a woman. I think it's quite understandable for her to be pretty ticked off.

On a separate note, is DiDi just in shock or something? 'Cuz her expression is exactly the same in every panel she's in. Of course, it's a very cute expression, so I don't really mind. ;)

midgetshrimp
Modly Pirate Jesus

Post by midgetshrimp »

I've been confused as a woman on occasion. I just laugh it off. I mean, from behind, when you see someone with a well formed ass and long hair (currently 2+ feet), it's perfectly natural to assume "Not a guy". But I really laugh when I turn around, and perhaps I haven't shaved in a couple weeks, and they're like sweet jesus, I'm so sorry for calling you ma'am.

And I don't know what's worse, being a guy that's sometimes mistaken for a woman, or knowing that I'm the one being talked to when someone says "ma'am" in my direction. Because somehow I always know they're talking to me.

But I can see where Zii is coming from.
Exuberant High Captain Mod-siah of the Elder Council, Grand Official Bard.
Who needs sex when you have Menage a 3?

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

I pretty much agree with what DnE has had to say about this strip. Zii obviously has had to defend her sexuality in the past and is sick of being mistaken for a guy. Now she's met the ultimate Amazon in DiDi she's extra defensive as her cute girls no longer cut it in the attention factor she had of going around braless.

CaliforniaDave

Post by CaliforniaDave »

Whilst the punk style and tattoos don't do anything for me...

...I agree with Zii. That's no way I'd mistake her for a guy.

She has gorgeous eyes, though. All you have to do is look at the link pic. Yum.