14-01-10 She tricked me!

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Re: 14-01-10 She tricked me!

Post by Don Alexander »

I hardly think I'd "voluntarily hang" with any of these people either, but then, my taste in friends is rather special. The nearest person to it is Gary himself, although I am not interested at all in comics and manga, so our nerdy tastes don't overlap. If he was a fantasy gamer or SF nerd instead, then we're talking. :-B But otherwise, Gary seems to be a decent guy.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Platypus

Post by Platypus »

Decent, yea... but someone I think would be fun to be around? Not really. I didn't mean to imply that I hate them all or anything, but there are plenty of people in real life who I don't find to be particularly bad people, but that I don't like spending time with either. Almost all of my boyfriend's family, for example... Anyway, yea, there are plenty of people in the comic who I don't think are bad people, but who I also just don't like all that much. *shrug*

Power_Pachyderms

Post by Power_Pachyderms »

Michael Ezra wrote:I wonder how Sonya accounts for her hand ending up on Zii's boob under the shirt?
Probably about the same way Gary would. They both seem to unconsciously like Zii's boobs.
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves." ~William Pitt
"Democracy, too, is a religion. It is the worship of jackals by jackasses." - H.L. Mencken
Presenting a different vision of Robotech via illustration...

WCRI

Post by WCRI »

Milnoc wrote:
NCallahan wrote:I am willing to bet, that is, lay some cash down here, that somewhere in New Hampshire, there's a troop of boyscouts who don't really regret lying about that whole "breast inspector" thing.
Oh crap! I got the Boy Scouts reference! :))
Unfotunately I didn't... I even googled several different variations and didn't find anything about that.
And now, its bugging me big time that I didn't get it.
Oh, Tiff. Got a body that don't quit and a brain that won't start. By AbstractVagabond
You know, for a major magical watchamacallit-thingy as powerful as this one, it's remarkably easy to activate. Just point and click. By duneshdw

noahkai

Post by noahkai »

Okay I'm glad that Zii is actually going to turn her attention toward someone else other than Gary and Didi, it's nice that she can focus her energy onto something rather than try to hook up with Didi or screw up Gary's life. That being said I'm also glad that Did is slowly getting out there, even if it is with Sandra and it's been taken with baby steps of course.

That being said, can't Gary get any slack, at all? Though not with Yuki? How bout we start seeing him actually trying to pratice drawing Didi? It be best to get him over his little problem with seeing women nude.

ekuth
Location: In that filthy little corner in the back of your mind...

Post by ekuth »

(-|

Somebody wake me when an honest to goodness storyline about Gary starts...

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

MerchManDan
Nerd-At-Large (Mostly Harmless)

Post by MerchManDan »

:-o WHAT.
"...I'm going out on a date with her, aren't I?" Really? What did you THINK "meeting for drinks" means?!?!! L-)
Operator of The Penultimate Darkness Pit: Gift Store of the Cavey Cave of Elderly Elders
Exclusive and Singular Seller of The OmniFork!
Fen wrote:Because sometimes one cult is not enough.
Another helpful emoticon: Image Courtesy of yiraheerai

RoninAngel

Post by RoninAngel »

Well, sometimes people have drinks with folks they have no intent on screwing... :-?
"LIFE is dangerous, Sandi! EMBRACE LIFE!"
Faith Abbot, to Sandi on Magic Chicks.

DinoJake

Post by DinoJake »

Oooh......Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a new character.

I'll be looking forward to see how that date pans out.

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

WCRI wrote:Unfotunately I didn't... I even googled several different variations and didn't find anything about that.
And now, its bugging me big time that I didn't get it.
http://www.theonion.com/content/video/1 ... _volunteer

Taigan

Post by Taigan »

Makkabee wrote:Zii: Aaagh, my lap! Quick, I need first aid!

Sonya: But that's ice cream.

Zii: (pause) ....freezer burn.
=)) Ok that was good.

But wait a minute! I have a question. Zii burned her tongue, went back to get it "treated," and got interrupted by Allie. When in that sequence did Zii ask her out for drinks? I guess they had plenty of time back there, but it would have meant Sonya would have to interrupt the "treatment" and Zii would have to ask her like "Mahbeh we coou gauo foah dhink 'ater ohn? Ah wan tah hank ouu foah mahken meh fehl beddah!"

TakerFoxx

Post by TakerFoxx »

Yeah, probably gasped it out between tonsil-wrestling matches.
Start running.

Please?

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

Or she left a note or something.
"Don't call me a dirty old man.... Cuz I'm not old... I'm of a fine vintage..."
"Get your mind out the gutter... you're crowding me."

Jenna

Post by Jenna »

I think I like Sonya.

Ares B

Post by Ares B »

Actually...
Scientists wrote:Local skin trauma induces inflammatory responses resulting in local tissue and distant organ injury. EGF, a polypeptide hormone, mainly produced in saliva, is one of the major accelerators in wound healing. Wistar albino rats of both sexes received either bovine serum albumin or EGF (10μg/kg) subcutaneously before a circular (18mm diameter) partial thickness burn was induced. Afterwards, some rats were placed in separate cages to prevent licking, while the others were caged together to allow wound-licking. Treatments were continued for 5 more days and on the 5th day animals were decapitated. Histopathological analysis of skin damage and dermal myeloperoxidase (MPO) activity, as an index for neutrophil activity, were evaluated. Oxidant injury to the liver and intestines was determined by measuring glutathione (GSH) and malondialdehyde (MDA) levels, as well as MPO activity. The results demonstrate that healing of the burn wound on the skin is accelerated by both wound-licking and EGF administration, which also attenuated tissue neutrophil accumulation, suggesting the role of neutrophils as the source of mediators involved in delayed epithelial regeneration. Moreover, local dermal burn results in oxidant injury to the liver, concomitant with significant elevations in hepatic and intestinal GSH levels. Exogenous administration of EGF at physiological doses had no effect on inflammatory responses of the distant organs, while allowing the rats to lick the wound reduced the oxidant injury to the liver. Since saliva or EGF enhances skin wound healing, topical use of EGF-rich artificial saliva merits consideration for its use in burn patients.
http://www.journals.elsevierhealth.com/ ... 6/abstract