8-09-08 Jobs!?

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

DMoness

Re: 8-09-08 Jobs!?

Post by DMoness »

Was reading it from the start again

Zii said she is employed and was in a band.
So the question is the if she isn't in a band anymore what is her source of income

Kiori Hayabusa

Post by Kiori Hayabusa »

Well, I don't know about Gary, but someone has certainly noticed his accidental coppage.

Between the glance down and the subtle elbow to the gut, Zii seems to be more than aware.

Miss Blackwell

Post by Miss Blackwell »

Was it ever mentioned what Didi does for a living? How great would it be if she were CEO of a fortune 500 or a pre-eminent geneticist? I'm rooting for her to be a secret genius- or at least an idiot savant.

jni

Post by jni »

Of course Zii is aware of the groping, and apparently a bit shocked at first. But she has recovered until panel 4, and probably recognized it as accidental. Still Gary deserves the elbow nudge, but perhaps more because he grabbed her and tried to silence her in the first place.

Regarding Didi: Yes, it has been mentioned that she works in a bar. So she is no CEO, but she may of course still be a secret genius. Which I doubt, though.

polarbear925

Post by polarbear925 »

Yes, Zii noted Gary's wayward hand, but she could have either politely nudged him or hauled off and decked him. The fact that she chose not to flatten him speaks volumes. Then again, that might not hold for long beyond when after Mme. Deville leaves...*POW!* :shock:

It stands to reason that Zii noticed immediately as it would appear, judging by the shape, that Zii has opted to go commando up to this point.

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

polarbear925 wrote:Yes, Zii noted Gary's wayward hand, but she could have either politely nudged him or hauled off and decked him. The fact that she chose not to flatten him speaks volumes. Then again, that might not hold for long beyond when after Mme. Deville leaves...*POW!* :shock:

It stands to reason that Zii noticed immediately as it would appear, judging by the shape, that Zii has opted to go commando up to this point.
I assume you mean braless, not commando. There's been no mention of her knickers...Commando is knickerless, not braless. Although I think you're right that she is.

Why would she hit him? I think the nudge was justified, but more for grabbing her to begin with, than accidental groping. He didn't even realise, so it clearly did nothing for him! :P He's too mesmerised by DiDi's breast-hug! And even if it was intentional, most women would just tell them to get off or laugh at him. Hitting doesn't really happen.

vince3

Post by vince3 »

Gary might be getting a breast hug currently from Didi, but her arms have slipped under his chin....... if she's not careful, she could choke him out in a matter of seconds....... :P

Without knowing exactly what Zii's "real job" is, I get the feeling that Mme Deville won't be too pleased with DiDi's waitressing job, especially if the establishment is known for provocative uniforms for the waitresses, like Hooters is in America........... :roll:

gracefully insane

Post by gracefully insane »

I'm just glad to see some more layers added to the story.
Makes the sexually awkward bits even more funny.

Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Hateful landlady aside (whom I love) is there some way I could buy 24 hours of being Gary?
If you would be interested in a funny fantasy adventure webcomic, read Heroes of Lesser Earth now, before it becomes cool and everyone starts doing it!

Gecko

Post by Gecko »

DMoness

Post by DMoness »

lol gecko, If you see that frame alone you would not say gary is still a virgin at 30 :o

Well after that hug from Didi no way Gary is going to ask his room back(if she doesn't choke him first)

IS_Wolf

Post by IS_Wolf »

Has to be said.. Looks like Zii's the perfect handful for Gary. :P

guppy06

Post by guppy06 »

Shadrach wrote:At least Mme's first thought about the new roomies is "Jobs!?" and not "Fornication?!" That would make this strip rather dated, much like the premise of Three's Company already was when it debuted in the late 70s.
You've never rented before, have you? Mme wants two and only two things in life: her rent check, and for said rent check to not bounce.

Jobs, motherfuckers! Do you have them? I have had it with these motherfuckin' deadbeats in my motherfuckin' apartment!

guppy06

Post by guppy06 »

Also, I can't draw, don't have a leg to stand on, it's a busy panel to begin with, yadda...

Panel 2, Gary's right elbow, kind of low.

Or was it all in the name of keeping the sideboob fanservice unobstructed?

Ray D

Post by Ray D »

Interesting strip.

1) Gary sets out to pull Zii back from a potentially unpleasant enocunter with Mme Deville--but his hand strays accidentally-on-purpose after DiDi grabs him. Suddenly Gary is getting more than he's gotten in his whole life up to this point.

2) But Zii knocks his hand away. Up this point, she and Gary have gotten along pretty well; she's a bit of a geek too, and she's gone along with Gary's nutty shower-picture ploy--maybe because she has an interest in DiDi herself. But suddenly she seems to be saying, 'hey, I like you and all, but keep your mitts to yourself.' She's drawing a line with Gary, even though she's already crossed several lines with Matt, Dillon and DiDi.

3) DiDi is really a sweet-natured girl, very happy and open about all her emotions. I'd love her even if she was thin as a rail and flat as a board.

4) Mme Deville cares about her money, first and last. That's quite realistic. Yet there may be another issue; the floors in this house are thin enough to hear through and madame lives downstairs, so I have a feeling that several activities are gong to be defendu with her: DiDi's DDR, Zii's band practice, and any noisy sex as well. This could complicate things.

5) DiDi's a waitress (remember?), but we have yet to learn what Zii's job is. She said she had one...but with musicians, who really knows?

6) Do we know Mme Deville's first name? The instant I heard her surname I thought immediately of Cruella Devill.
(Does this mean Glenn Close will play Madame in the "Menage A3" movie?)